Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: in which I miss the first three prizes and win  (Read 1252 times)

Marcory

• Minion
  • Respect: +1203
    • View Profile
in which I miss the first three prizes and win
« on: September 27, 2014, 12:06:03 am »

Code: [Select]
Fishing Village, Urchin, Monument, Throne Room, Tournament, Treasure Map, Embassy, Junk Dealer, Pillage, Rogue
http://gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?20140926/log.516d7026e4b082c74d7bfd87.1411716994071.txt

I had an interesting game with TomConerly yesterday. I saw three strategies here: Urchin, Monument/Junk Dealer, and Fishing Village/Embassy. Giving away Silver in a Tournament game didn't seem to be optimal, so I went with Monument, while my opponent went with Urchin. I'm sure I made a few mistakes; I probably should have picked up a second Monument instead of an extra Tournament, and maybe I didn't need Throne Room, given that the only Prize I got was Princess. Probably my opponent should have picked up Princess over Bag of Gold/Duchy. Otherwise, it was reasonably well played.

I'm mainly just posting because I don't think I've ever won when my opponent got Followers, Trusty Steed, and a third Prize before I got one, and there wasn't another junk attack in the deck.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12846
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Re: in which I miss the first three prizes and win
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2014, 10:46:56 am »

I think he should have picked up Princess over Followers/Trusty Steed. Princess is awesome on this board.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Venescas

• Ambassador
  • Respect: +17
    • View Profile
Re: in which I miss the first three prizes and win
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2014, 05:12:21 pm »

I think he should have picked up Princess over Followers/Trusty Steed. Princess is awesome on this board.

Agreed. Followers is mitigated by heavy trashing and Embassy for draw, and Trusty Steed is unneeded here (although it's still nice). Princess provides the only +buy, and there are a lot of good cheap actions for her to pick up (namely Throne Room and Monument). Bag of Gold is terrible; you just don't want treasure in this deck. Just spam Monuments for economy and VP.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 20 queries.