Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 49  All

Author Topic: TV shows  (Read 279342 times)

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
  • Respect: +971
    • View Profile
Re: TV shows
« Reply #650 on: November 18, 2016, 12:33:29 am »

Who wants to talk Westworld?

I've watched 5 episodes so far and it's amazing! I'd talk but I need to dodge spoilers from e06, e07
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
  • Respect: +674
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: November 18, 2016, 02:05:53 am »

What door?

I so loved that throwaway line. He even just explained the concept.

I always figured that at least one of the staff would be a replicant. I just wasn't sure which one.

Speaking of things that are just out there. Anyone else noticed how Ford mentioned "the Arnold"?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7861
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: November 18, 2016, 09:40:25 am »

What door?

I always figured that at least one of the staff would be a replicant. I just wasn't sure which one.

Speaking of things that are just out there. Anyone else noticed how Ford mentioned "the Arnold"?

I must have missed this.  I need to rewatch the episode.  I was very tired when I watched it an didn't have much attention to give.  The 'what door?' line really shocked me, and I thought at first I must have misinterpreted (until the bigger, 'I don't see anything').

What door?

Right, it was brilliantly executed.  One of the best reveals I've seen in a TV show.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
  • Respect: +777
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: November 18, 2016, 09:43:56 am »
+2

I think I'm at EP5 as well. Thankfully the spoilers you guys are posting are cryptic enough that they are teasers instead. Especially grateful that Kuildeous left out the name.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: November 18, 2016, 09:48:12 am »

Another weird thing that I need to double check, at the end of the episode before last (episode 6).  Dolores, Teddy, and Lawrence are on the train.  Lawrence has all the explosives in a big crates, which have the 'maze' symbol on top.  Lawrence and Teddy are on one end of the crate (after talking, they're about to start drinking), and Dolores is on the other end and starts to stare at the maze.  Then the camera changes to behind Dolores, so she is in the foreground with the crate in the background, and Lawrence and Teddy should be on the other side.  But no one is there.

Presumably, they could have gone to a different car, but the editing makes it seem like they just disappear, as if they are only part of Dolores' imagination.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: November 18, 2016, 09:59:03 am »

Also, I suppose it's worth noting,

The basement at the end of episode 7 is almost undoubtedly the same basement where the scenes where Ford and Bernard interview Dolores take place.  This suggests those interviews occurred in the past, since in the present (when Ford, Bernard, and Teresa were all there), there was a big replica-making machine in the glass room.  There's also a lot of speculation that Bernard is actually a replica of Arnold, and it's the real Arnold doing the interviews.

Spoiler tag doesn't hide links but don't click on these if you aren't caught up:

Here's an image for comparison and and imdb thread discussing it.

Edit: there is also a lot of other evidence (circumstantial, maybe) for there being (at least) two time periods.  For one, there are two distinct logos for Westworld that you can see in different storylines.  In particular the 'old' one (which you see when William visits the compound) is the same logos that are seen in flashbacks and when Bernard goes to the old computer system.  The running theory is also that William becomes the present-day man in black.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 10:02:36 am by Witherweaver »

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: November 18, 2016, 10:54:21 pm »

What door?

I must have missed this.  I need to rewatch the episode.  I was very tired when I watched it an didn't have much attention to give.  The 'what door?' line really shocked me, and I thought at first I must have misinterpreted (until the bigger, 'I don't see anything').

Rewatched with closed captions.  He actually says "See, Arnold and I designed every part of this place".  Though when he says it, it does sound like "the Arnold".

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +2219
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: November 28, 2016, 01:14:02 pm »

I'm loving practically everything about the Dirk Gently series. Not sure there's actually a part I dislike.

My newest favorite:

*Dirk and Todd are captured by villain*
Dirk: Oh good, now we're going to get some answers.
Villain: WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING?
*villain rants for 3 minutes with several unanswerable questions*

Looking forward to the Wild Cards series. I just read the story where the Great and Powerful Turtle breaks up with his girlfriend. That could be a poignant scene on the screen.
A man has no signature

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: November 30, 2016, 11:41:40 pm »

That latest Westworld episode though.  Much of it already predicted by fans but still really well done.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: December 01, 2016, 10:34:22 am »

Yes, Westworld is excellent. 

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #660 on: December 06, 2016, 12:43:36 am »

Westworld is finished! Though last 3-4 series it was not so interesting, the last one was a real blast! (Also nowadays everybody prefers to use Radiohead in the last scene). Also, when the 4th or 5th series went on screens, I've read a "crazy fan theory" that said that William is a man in black. Uh oh, funny that they were right!

Overall, series is really great.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: December 06, 2016, 12:53:24 am »

Westworld is finished! Though last 3-4 series it was not so interesting, the last one was a real blast! (Also nowadays everybody prefers to use Radiohead in the last scene). Also, when the 4th or 5th series went on screens, I've read a "crazy fan theory" that said that William is a man in black. Uh oh, funny that they were right!

I think I may have to rewatch it now while keeping the multiple timelines in mind, especially the early episodes from before I'd heard the theory.

In other TV news, did anyone else watch the recent Arrowverse crossover?  Ambitious project, and I think it turned out pretty well.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 12:54:44 am by eHalcyon »

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: December 06, 2016, 01:33:02 pm »

I thought the entire latter half was amazing.  I think Episodes 8, 9, and the finale were all top notch. 

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: December 06, 2016, 01:33:32 pm »

I think I may have to rewatch it now while keeping the multiple timelines in mind, especially the early episodes from before I'd heard the theory.

In other TV news, did anyone else watch the recent Arrowverse crossover?  Ambitious project, and I think it turned out pretty well.

I saw the Flash one, but I don't watch the other shows.  This season of Flash has been :(

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: December 06, 2016, 04:50:35 pm »

I saw briefly the Westworld theory of multiple timelines, but I wasn't entirely convinced. I mean, I didn't doubt it, but since nothing was stated for certain in the show, there were enough reasonable explanations to not take it too seriously.

But how they unveiled it was beautifully done. That beats out any fan theory on some random message board.

I'm behind on the Arrowverse. I ignored Legends of Tomorrow last season. I wasn't convinced I would remain invested in it after the pilot. People have said that it's gotten better, so I'm giving it a chance and catching up on season 1. Eventually I'll be able to watch all four series properly. I'm sad to hear that the Flash isn't doing so hot. I hope Supergirl is. The first season was very enjoyable to watch.
A man has no signature

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: December 06, 2016, 08:17:28 pm »

I'm sad to hear that the Flash isn't doing so hot.

Are you hearing that from other sources?  Witherweaver only said that it's been :(, which is a rather ambiguous statement if you ask me. ;)

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
  • Respect: +777
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: December 07, 2016, 08:23:47 am »

Speaking of multiple timelines This Is Us.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: December 07, 2016, 09:27:28 am »

I'm sad to hear that the Flash isn't doing so hot.

Are you hearing that from other sources?  Witherweaver only said that it's been :(, which is a rather ambiguous statement if you ask me. ;)

One of my friends is less enamored of it, but she wasn't especially impressed by the first season. Her standards may be way high for a superhero show.

This does not stop me from watching the show, and I'll pick it back up once I'm caught up on Agents of Tomorrow. I'll make my own judgment then.
A man has no signature

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: December 07, 2016, 09:38:49 am »

Season 3 of Flash has just not been great.  I thought Season 1 was done very well.  Season 2 had a lot of good components but too much contrived drama and contrived raising of stakes; Season 3 is more of the same, venturing into annoying contrived drama.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: December 10, 2016, 10:53:13 pm »

Agents of Tomorrow.

Legends of Tomorrow, or Agents of SHIELD?  The first, I imagine.

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: December 11, 2016, 12:52:42 am »

Agents of Tomorrow.

Legends of Tomorrow, or Agents of SHIELD?  The first, I imagine.

Heh, yes, Legends. See, that's how infrequently I watch it.
A man has no signature

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: December 11, 2016, 12:39:32 pm »

Has anyone seen Louis CK's new show, Horace and Pete?  At first I was pretty unsure about it. but after three episodes I'm a bit taken away.  It's not a comedy at all (I had originally assumed it was), and it's filmed as if it were a stage production (dialogue, lighting, stage positions, etc.).   It's really interesting. 

Basically, it's like watching a dramatic play, with some moments of dark, maybe "real", comedy mixed in.

It recently became available on Hulu.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: December 15, 2016, 10:28:31 am »

So, uh, Black Mirror.  Season 1 was, like, okay, you understand what they're doing with the show, and it was good, but Season 2 (especially episodes 2 and 4) were just incredible.  I haven't watched Season 3 yet, but my impression from others is that it's even better.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: December 15, 2016, 10:29:54 am »

So, uh, Black Mirror.  Season 1 was, like, okay, you understand what they're doing with the show, and it was good, but Season 2 (especially episodes 2 and 4) were just incredible.  I haven't watched Season 3 yet, but my impression from others is that it's even better.

Yay!

S2E4 is one of the best, but like nothing can compare to S3E6. 1,5h episode, one of the best things I ever watched.

drsteelhammer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: drsteelhammer
  • Respect: +1470
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: December 15, 2016, 11:19:40 am »

Black Mirror: I disagree with WW about Season 1, I think it's almost as good as Season2. Mostly due to E1 being one one of the best, along with the Christmas special (the 7th episode).

If you watched Black Mirror for its good scifi, you'll be disappointed by season 3, I believe. Imo, E4 was really well done, almost as good as the best. E1 was flawed but had its moments and the other were just downright offensive with their blandness and lack of creativity.
Join the Dominion League!

There is no bad shuffle that can not be surmounted by scorn.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 49  All

Page created in 0.114 seconds with 21 queries.