Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 49  All

Author Topic: TV shows  (Read 279297 times)

Jorbles

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +531
    • View Profile
Re: New TV shows (American edition)
« Reply #350 on: September 21, 2015, 12:37:17 pm »

Finally started Season 5 of Community.  I'm torn.

It has it's moments, but it's mostly worth watching because season 6 is a return to form.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7861
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: September 21, 2015, 12:47:47 pm »

Gotham starts up again tonight.

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +2219
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: September 21, 2015, 01:08:57 pm »

I'm actually a little excited about Gotham. But I've been hurt before.

Speaking of betrayed trust, I'm still looking at Heroes Reborn with trepidation. I really hoped for a fresh restart with new characters and everything. But I'll give it a chance.

Community is one of those shows that's on my list to watch. Hopefully it's on Netflix but first…

Continuum is caught up through the end of the second season. I had heard the third season gets kind of weird, and I can see that at the end of season two. Season two definitely didn't have the momentum of season one, but it was still enjoyable. The complexity of the main characters is what draws me in, but I agree that the auxiliary characters don't have a whole lot going for them. Who's Betty? Who's Carlos? Apparently nobody cares.
A man has no signature

ashersky

• Mountebank
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1517
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: September 21, 2015, 03:26:50 pm »

It has it's moments, but it's mostly worth watching because season 6 is a return to form.

I finished 5...liked the end, started to feel like what I was used to.

I'm trying to figure out how to watch 6.  I know it's on Yahoo, but can I buy it somewhere?
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: September 21, 2015, 04:24:26 pm »

I think the only legal way to watch it is Yahoo. If you can't access it because you don't live in the US there isn't a legal way to watch it (but still a few ways to watch it to my knowledge).

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: September 21, 2015, 11:15:06 pm »

I watched the pilot of Minority Report. There's something off about it. It just kind of fell flat.

The visuals are nice. It likes to show off the future tech. I'm just not feeling a connection to this show. Anyone agree? Disagree?
A man has no signature

ashersky

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: September 22, 2015, 04:08:32 am »

I think the only legal way to watch it is Yahoo. If you can't access it because you don't live in the US there isn't a legal way to watch it (but still a few ways to watch it to my knowledge).

I can VPN it, but do you pay Yahoo?  I went to Yahoo and searched Community and just found a bunch of clips.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: September 22, 2015, 09:06:54 am »

Season premiere of Gotham didn't suck. 

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: September 22, 2015, 01:06:30 pm »

I can VPN it, but do you pay Yahoo?  I went to Yahoo and searched Community and just found a bunch of clips.

I think it's on Screen, which is Yahoo's version of Netflix.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: September 22, 2015, 01:41:19 pm »

I think it's on Screen, which is Yahoo's version of Netflix.
It is on Yahoo Screen, but the interface is supposed to be difficult to navigate. I'm sure it's there, but you might need to turn on the VPN to find the episodes.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: September 24, 2015, 12:34:09 am »
+1

Just watched the pilot for Blindspot.  Premise is really interesting (I'm a sucker for these odd concept sci-fi-ish shows) and the lead actress is good (Lady Sif from Thor).  The non-foundational case-of-the-week stuff in the pilot was mediocre, but there wasn't really much time for it so oh well.

Anybody else watch it?  Thoughts?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: September 24, 2015, 11:40:09 pm »
+1

Just watched the pilot for Blindspot.  Premise is really interesting (I'm a sucker for these odd concept sci-fi-ish shows) and the lead actress is good (Lady Sif from Thor).  The non-foundational case-of-the-week stuff in the pilot was mediocre, but there wasn't really much time for it so oh well.

I've seen the previews for it.. it looks really gimmicky.  The premise reminds me of John Doe, which I don't know, didn't feel as "gimmicky" to me.  I just feel I'd have a hard time buying into it.

Anyone watch Heroes Reborn premiere?  I'm watching it now.. I didn't actually watch the original except for a few episodes.  This looks like it could be good, but some of the acting/dialogue feels a little bit .. rough?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: September 24, 2015, 11:55:15 pm »

Anyone watch Heroes Reborn premiere?  I'm watching it now.. I didn't actually watch the original except for a few episodes.  This looks like it could be good, but some of the acting/dialogue feels a little bit .. rough?

Okay, it just toooooooooooootally redeemed itself with Leeroy Jenkins!.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: September 25, 2015, 02:22:35 am »

Okay, it just toooooooooooootally redeemed itself with Leeroy Jenkins!.

I have no idea what is happening in that plotline.  It is weird and confusing, and the people involved do not seem nearly confused enough.  Like, did the girl have a life before and is just now discovering that she's actually a video game character?  Or she's only recently started existing and has no problem coming to terms with it, and the other dude is just a super chill guy?  Or  is it that her father is a game developer and programmed her into the game?  What?

I am sad that they already killed off the Haitian, because I always thought he was a great character.  And I hope they have a really good reason for HRG having his own memory erased and leaving instructions to have himself killed because, man, that's already kind of cliche and rarely has a satisfactory explanation.  But given the premise, isn't it a bad idea for HRG to pursue the truth, knowing the lengths he himself went to in order to prevent himself from knowing the truth?  He's basically saying, "past me was mistaken even though he was better informed".  I suppose that is also a standard kind of plot device.

And on that note, if the Haitian was supposed to kill HRG, why not just let the receptionist with the gun do it immediately instead of heading off somewhere in the public, returning the glasses and then trying to strangle the guy who is trained to take down people with super powers?  I mean, come on.

Another nonsensical thing --the telekinetic who targeted Molly Walker, why in the world would he play along for so long after getting to the hotel room?  And when Molly threw the knife, why would he retaliate by throwing her out of the room and proceed to choke her?  Telekinesis is crazy powerful, especially against a girl who is just a super Hufflepuff (that is, she's good at finding), so he could have just knocked her out so much earlier and avoided so much risk and drama.  They probably just did that to lead the audience on.  Heh.

But despite my nitpicks, I still like the show.  Penny Guy is intriguing.  He seems to be another memory-wiper?  Though I hope they actually have something more unusual instead.  And teleporter boy seems like he has the potential to be strictly superior to Hiro, who can only teleport himself... oh wait, he can also manipulate time, never mind, Hiro is still OP.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 02:25:05 am by eHalcyon »

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: September 25, 2015, 02:42:18 am »

I've seen the previews for it.. it looks really gimmicky.  The premise reminds me of John Doe, which I don't know, didn't feel as "gimmicky" to me.  I just feel I'd have a hard time buying into it.

They actually explain enough that I can suspend disbelief and come up with theories on some other parts of it.  But yeah, I'm intrigued by the gimmicky stuff.  I was also disappointed when Flash Forward and Awake were cancelled.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
  • Respect: +3388
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: September 25, 2015, 11:48:11 am »

Yeah, I watched Heroes Reborn. It was good enough that I'll come back for next week. It wasn't amazing, though. I really second eHalcyon's concerns.

The teleporter kid's storyline is doing a lot of heavy lifting, because he's a much better actor than pretty much everyone else on the show, his power is cool, and the story is not yet outrageous. The Tokyo video game thing is interesting in theory but was very sloppily executed. It could have benefited from *more* exposition, actually. The Mexican wrestling mask thing I just thought was kind of a stupid ripoff of Daredevil/Dark Knight/everything.

I'm interested in what's going on with Bennet, though I hope they don't bring back too many of the original characters. Please, no more ridiculously convoluted Petrelli/Syler feuding and family drama.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: September 25, 2015, 12:25:59 pm »

I'm interested in cameos from past characters, of which there should be some.  I don't fully remember what happened to them at the end of Heroes though.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: September 28, 2015, 09:28:08 am »

I just found out Community is created by the same guy that does Rick and Morty.  I might have to watch it.

jonts26

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jonts
  • Respect: +3668
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: September 28, 2015, 03:11:24 pm »
+2

I just found out Community is created by the same guy that does Rick and Morty.  I might have to watch it.

I just found out Rick and morty is done by the same guy that does community.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: September 28, 2015, 05:20:25 pm »

I just found out Rick and morty is done by the same guy that does community.

Dan Harmon + another guy (Justin Roiland), but yeah that's part of why R&M is great!

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: September 28, 2015, 10:19:27 pm »

No Community on Netflix.  Guess I'm not watching it!

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: September 29, 2015, 01:20:00 am »

No Community on Netflix.  Guess I'm not watching it!

Huh, it used to be on Netflix...

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: September 29, 2015, 10:21:40 am »

Well, guess I'm not watching Community soon either. I have others to catch up on first, so I'll get to it.

Okay, I think I have to write off Minority Report. I saw the second episode, and I was even less engaged than I was with the pilot, which is saying something.

It's going to be a busy fall. I guess Agents of SHIELD is back tonight. I am intrigued by Scream Queens. I may hold onto Heroes Reborn. If the show goes south, I won't waste my time with it.

I was amazed to learn that Scorpion was renewed. I wrote that show after the pilot, but a couple of my friends said it's really good. I am dubious, but perhaps the writers realized how lame the pilot was and fixed it up.
A man has no signature

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: September 29, 2015, 10:38:16 am »

Anyone seen the previews or heard of The Expanse?  New SciFi show, and it looks pretty promising.  It has Jonathan Banks, Chad Coleman (Walking Dead, The Wire), and Thomas Jane.  Premiers in December.

ashersky

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: September 30, 2015, 05:34:24 pm »
+2

Well, guess I'm not watching Community soon either. I have others to catch up on first, so I'll get to it.

Okay, I think I have to write off Minority Report. I saw the second episode, and I was even less engaged than I was with the pilot, which is saying something.

It's going to be a busy fall. I guess Agents of SHIELD is back tonight. I am intrigued by Scream Queens. I may hold onto Heroes Reborn. If the show goes south, I won't waste my time with it.

I was amazed to learn that Scorpion was renewed. I wrote that show after the pilot, but a couple of my friends said it's really good. I am dubious, but perhaps the writers realized how lame the pilot was and fixed it up.

As a writer for the show, you don't seem to like your own work...

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 49  All

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 21 queries.