Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38]  All

Author Topic: TV shows  (Read 53262 times)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7486
    • View Profile
Re: TV shows
« Reply #925 on: August 18, 2017, 08:21:29 pm »

Watching The Defenders now.  On episode three or four. It's enjoyable so far.  It is a bit.. heavy handed in some ways.  Like characters state the subtext in dialogue.  And I have a bit of trouble immersing into the premise of Sigourney Weaver as a bad guy.  I don't know why.  It's not like she's ever a bad actress; I just have a problem seeing her as evil. (Not really a spoiler I guess.)

I think I like Jessica Jones the best.  And of course Scott Glenn (as Stick) is great.  I like Daredevil and Luke Cage quite a bit.  Iron Fist is still iffy, but I think better when he's playing off the rest of them.

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +16822
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: August 19, 2017, 12:35:33 pm »
+1

Curious what people thought of Fargo. I loved the first and third season, but absolutely hated the second. Most people seemed to really like the second one, though.
I haven't seen the 3rd; it's not on Hulu yet. The 1st season was way better than the 2nd. I would put it down to, the show is leaning very heavily on its characters for entertainment, and the 1st season had entertaining characters and the 2nd didn't. The only character in season 2 that I was interested in having screen time was Milligan, and there wasn't much of him. It's not like I thought say Kirsten Dunst did a bad job, or that her part wasn't written well. I just didn't get much entertainment from those scenes; they weren't doing the job I watch TV for. The Gerhardts were just solid awful. Lou was blank.

I did think that the "police chief says let's ignore evidence because that guy was a wuss in high school" thread in the first season was really stupid.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: August 19, 2017, 06:33:33 pm »

Oh man, I liked all the characters in Season 2.  I thought it was very entertaining. 

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
  • Respect: +745
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: August 20, 2017, 02:34:33 pm »

Just finished Ozark and Aquarius, recommend both highly.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

crax

• Chancellor
  • Respect: +7
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: August 30, 2017, 07:21:40 pm »

Watching The Defenders now.  On episode three or four. It's enjoyable so far.  It is a bit.. heavy handed in some ways.  Like characters state the subtext in dialogue.  And I have a bit of trouble immersing into the premise of Sigourney Weaver as a bad guy.  I don't know why.  It's not like she's ever a bad actress; I just have a problem seeing her as evil. (Not really a spoiler I guess.)

I think I like Jessica Jones the best.  And of course Scott Glenn (as Stick) is great.  I like Daredevil and Luke Cage quite a bit.  Iron Fist is still iffy, but I think better when he's playing off the rest of them.

I watched all eight episodes of The Defenders, and loved it. Jessica Jones was also my favorite, maybe partly because she was the only one whose show I had watched beforehand. Iron Fist gets a little intense ,, when he doesn't need to? I got a little annoyed with him.
With Colleen (spoilers through last episode), they totally sidelined her. They put her in with the others at the station, and there was some talk about her joining the fight, but that didn't happen for a little while and then the defenders kind of pushed her out of the way and she had a harder time swordfighting than she needed to. I would've liked if she was given a little more power.
I'm watching Daredevil now because of The Defenders, and I like it so far (though I've only watched most of the first episode).

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #930 on: September 03, 2017, 10:06:59 pm »

Holy shit that Twin Peaks finale.  I really don't know what to say.

O

• Jester
  • Respect: +468
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: September 09, 2017, 12:38:37 am »

Bojack Horseman is a pretty good television show.

Cuzz

• Duke
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
  • Respect: +539
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: September 12, 2017, 02:01:20 pm »

Bojack Horseman is a pretty good television show.

It's so so good. Haven't watched season 4 yet but 3 was a masterpiece.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38]  All

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 20 queries.