Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49]  All

Author Topic: TV shows  (Read 91861 times)

WestCoastDidds

• Pearl Diver
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
  • Respect: +18
    • View Profile
Re: TV shows
« Reply #1200 on: March 25, 2019, 05:41:12 pm »

The music in The Umbrella Academy is amazing.

Also, I want to cause the apocalypse.
It's probably not townie mctownerson WCD.

silverspawn

• Governor
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +1839
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: March 31, 2019, 06:18:38 pm »

Despite great music in the first episode, I gave up on the U/A early in the second. The apocalypse plot is fine, I don't have a problem with it, but the way characters are dealing with it is just... not... how... real... people... would act... like it's both hard to believe and it's also stupid. This is a problem I have a lot with shows, it's just people not acting in a way that's believable and something I want to watch.

Van Helsing I'm still watching... I think. It has these stretches that are really strong, and then there are moments script is just baffling. These are more common in season 2, unfortunately. Lately, it seems like the show is more interested in being the edgiest thing ever than making anything resembling sense. Scarlet is terrible if anyone got that far.

Totally different beast and not on Netflix: the anime Kemurikusa. This is worth watching just for strangeness.

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +2166
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: April 09, 2019, 09:27:00 am »

I watched the first two episodes of What We Do in the Shadows. I was a little apprehensive about the show at first because it had great potential to disappoint. But so far, it's done pretty well. It's as enjoyable as the movie. I dunno. I might even think it's better than the movie, but I'd have to rewatch the movie to make sure.

It plays on the trope of stranger in a strange land. While I get annoyed by overly dumb characters (Jean-Ralphio in Parks and Rec, Kevin in the new Ghostbusters), the stupidity of these vampires doesn't rub me the wrong way. Maybe it's because they're not dumb characters. They are just really out of touch with modern life, and they have this inability to adapt, which is why they have familiars. It's a formula that works.

And I chuckled mightily during the raccoon scene. It's just another example of the vampires being incapable of integrating with society.
A man has no signature

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7827
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: May 07, 2019, 01:32:38 am »

This is a thing:

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49]  All

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 21 queries.