Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43]  All

Author Topic: TV shows  (Read 78276 times)

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
  • Respect: +765
    • View Profile
Re: TV shows
« Reply #1050 on: June 25, 2018, 08:23:58 am »

WHY ARE WE NOT DISCUSSING WESTWORLD?

The mind control thing is weak sauce. Some of the reveals are solid. The multiple story arcs is good but sometimes it feels like they have to hit every one every episode and it gets kinda add. The doubled characters was neat. Iím behind a few episodes. I donít think any spoiler tags were needed.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +2114
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: June 26, 2018, 09:49:29 am »

WHY ARE WE NOT DISCUSSING WESTWORLD?

The mind control thing is weak sauce. Some of the reveals are solid. The multiple story arcs is good but sometimes it feels like they have to hit every one every episode and it gets kinda add. The doubled characters was neat. Iím behind a few episodes. I donít think any spoiler tags were needed.

I like the control aspect. It shows that they are still just robots executing code. And one of them has the means to override everything. Without giving anything away, I'll say that this plot point becomes very important later on.

So I watched the season finale last night. On a whim, I fast-forwarded through the credits. To my shock, there was an additional scene after the credits.

Makes me wonder if I missed anything  on the season 1 finale.
A man has no signature

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: June 26, 2018, 09:59:37 am »

Just finished Ep7 last night. Things are firming up a bit. I see what you are saying about the plot point being important. Also, excited for Ep8 I've heard much hubris about.

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +2114
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: June 26, 2018, 10:18:49 am »

Just finished Ep7 last night. Things are firming up a bit. I see what you are saying about the plot point being important. Also, excited for Ep8 I've heard much hubris about.

I had to look up which episode that is. Yeah, that episode is pretty awesome. Exploring the different characters is pretty neat. While I enjoyed the imagery of the Samurai World diversion, it didn't seem to stick well with me in terms of the overall plot. Though it was neat to see how it's the same story as Maeve's.

Definite Dollhouse feel, though one could argue that Dollhouse got inspiration from the original Westworld. But the movie didn't really go deeply into what happens when you rewrite consciousness.
A man has no signature

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: June 26, 2018, 03:48:57 pm »

Who do you think is hotter? Eliza Dushku or Evan Rachel Wood?

crax

• Scout
  • Respect: +15
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: July 06, 2018, 12:10:04 pm »

i'm on episode 5 of season 2 of marvel's luke cage on netflix. i'm surprised that shades seems to actually care about mariah; i thought that he was just using her for power. i do like his new hair though. as for luke, i don't like how eager he seems to inflict violence. i really thought he was more reluctant to fight ? maybe my memory of him from season 1 and the defenders is wrong, or i just disagree with the way his character has developed. anyway, i'm glad there's a season 2 !
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43]  All

Page created in 0.19 seconds with 21 queries.