Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: A Scout board (kind of)  (Read 1290 times)

faust

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
  • Respect: +5142
    • View Profile
A Scout board (kind of)
« on: September 23, 2014, 02:55:25 pm »
+1

I had a game where I actually bought Scout! These are rare enough to share it here:

Code: [Select]
Pearl Diver, Stonemason, Feast, Remodel, Scout, Catacombs, Counterfeit, Margrave, Minion, Rabble
Strategy is pretty simple: A Minion rush with Counterfeit support. There are no villages, so any terminal will slow me down. When I get to $9 and buy the last Minion, I'm wondering what to do with my $4. And I actually go for Scout. There is a lot to support this: Counterfeit clears the Coppers, but leaves the green cards in the deck, Minion lets you make use of the filtered top of your deck immediately, and Pearl Diver can put these green cards on top of your deck for Scout to pick them up (there's an awesome combo, someone should write an article about: Pearl Diver/Scout. Completely overpowered.). I actually have one glorious moment that I will tell my children and grandchildren about when my Scout flips over four green cards.

The end game was probably bad on my part, should have gone for Remodel earlier to pile out those Provinces.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

TrojH

• Moneylender
  • Respect: +191
    • View Profile
Re: A Scout board (kind of)
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 09:54:42 pm »
+1

Here's the game log:

http://gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?20140923/log.50733066fca2ca7237ee9b77.1411497856723.txt

When I get to $9 and buy the last Minion, I'm wondering what to do with my $4.

The end game was probably bad on my part, should have gone for Remodel earlier to pile out those Provinces.

Hmm...

faust

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
  • Respect: +5142
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2014, 05:36:52 am »

Yeah, I think when I bought that last Minion, it was still too early for Remodel (there wouldn't have been any targets).
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Holger

• Minion
  • Respect: +458
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2014, 07:36:01 am »

Yeah, I think when I bought that last Minion, it was still too early for Remodel (there wouldn't have been any targets).

There were also too few Scout "targets" by that time - you need >1/4 green cards to make it potentially better than a do-nothing cantrip. And by the second time you played that Scout (the first time you had >1/4 green cards), you did have a Province, plus 3 Estates that you could have remodeled into another Remodel.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 21 queries.