Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Don't drink and chapel  (Read 10302 times)

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3227
    • View Profile
Re: Don't drink and chapel
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2014, 10:57:32 pm »

If you don't have the experience to know otherwise, these are the basic rules of Chapel:

- Buy one and only one.

If I know that my chapel is in my T5 hand I will sometimes buy a 2nd one on T4 to hopefully make up for the loss of trashing tempo.

Wait, is this a thing? I'd think that although you might be able to catch back up in deck size, your deck will be so much worse with the extra Chapel instead of the alternative card you could have bought (at least a Silver)

There are probably boards where the pure deck size is worth it, but I can't think of any that don't involve Ambassadors, which act as exceptional attacks in small decks.

I didn't think it was a thing, but I can imagine how it would be.  You know Chapel is going to miss the shuffle so you buy a second one.  The second Chapel probably won't collide with the other one (which just missed the shuffle), and after that you can trash one  Chapel with the other.

No idea if it's worth it overall, but it doesn't seem totally crazy.

I have experimented with this, and I think it's not a thing. According to my experience, a second chapel is only viable in 3p+, where it can be very good.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12868
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2014, 05:21:13 am »

If you don't have the experience to know otherwise, these are the basic rules of Chapel:

- Buy one and only one.

If I know that my chapel is in my T5 hand I will sometimes buy a 2nd one on T4 to hopefully make up for the loss of trashing tempo.

Wait, is this a thing? I'd think that although you might be able to catch back up in deck size, your deck will be so much worse with the extra Chapel instead of the alternative card you could have bought (at least a Silver)

There are probably boards where the pure deck size is worth it, but I can't think of any that don't involve Ambassadors, which act as exceptional attacks in small decks.

I didn't think it was a thing, but I can imagine how it would be.  You know Chapel is going to miss the shuffle so you buy a second one.  The second Chapel probably won't collide with the other one (which just missed the shuffle), and after that you can trash one  Chapel with the other.

No idea if it's worth it overall, but it doesn't seem totally crazy.
I can remember one game where my opponent did it and I didn't and I think I lost (at least partially) because of that.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

soulnet

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1751
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2014, 07:29:12 am »

In a KC-Mountebank scenario, getting the deck size down before getting hit is really important. You risk getting snowballed really hard, as you cannot trash effectively and also cannot connect your own KCs with the important stuff once you are getting 6 junk cards a turn, and if the opponent manages to connect KC-KC-MB-MB-MB is probably game over. Other heavy Attack things like KC-Saboteur also like the slim deck quick, as the trashing Attacks cannot target cards in hand.

But the most common is likely Goons+Village+no draw, in which you need to get the deck size down before starting to get hit by Goons, otherwise the loss of tempo is huge, possibly worse than the loss of tempo of buying a second Chapel.

Gherald

• Minion
  • Awe: +35
  • Respect: +1399
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2014, 05:38:18 pm »
+1

A second chapel can also be the desperate act of someone who's already been overwhelmed, kind of like a third ambassador
My opponent has more loot than me
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 21 queries.