Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Doubling TR and KC... what?  (Read 1687 times)

Elanchana

• Minion
  • Princess of Derpminion
  • Respect: +1013
    • View Profile
Doubling TR and KC... what?
« on: September 20, 2014, 03:25:22 pm »
+2

I need something clarified. At first I thought that playing TR-TR or KC-KC let you play an action card four or six times, respectively, but then Goko wouldn't let me do that. So I thought the first of those cards canceled out the second one. But then I read about KC-KC-Goons-Masquerade and KC-KC-Bridge-Bridge-Bridge and since those are all terminals I didn't see how that could possibly work. Does this mean that if you play TR-TR or KC-KC it lets you play two/three action cards twice/three times?
Sure it's just a game. The same way that your best friend in the whole world is "just a friend".

TwitchYouTubeMusic

!!CHANGED MY USERNAME ON 2.0!!

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +2146
    • View Profile
Re: Doubling TR and KC... what?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2014, 03:30:26 pm »
+11

Does this mean that if you play TR-TR or KC-KC it lets you play two/three action cards twice/three times?

Yes.  Suppose you play TR-TR.  That means you play the second Throne Room twice.  The first time you play it, you pick an action card in your hand and play it twice.  The second time you play it, you pick an action card in your hand and play it twice.  You can't play a single card four times because it won't be in your hand anymore by the second time you play the second Throne Room.

Elanchana

• Minion
  • Princess of Derpminion
  • Respect: +1013
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2014, 04:06:04 pm »
+5

THANK YOU. Stuff makes so much more sense now.
Sure it's just a game. The same way that your best friend in the whole world is "just a friend".

TwitchYouTubeMusic

!!CHANGED MY USERNAME ON 2.0!!

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2014, 01:59:48 pm »
+10

If it helps, just read the cards as literally as possible, and don't try to simplify what they do by reducing their effects to thinking about the net outcome. In other words, don't think of Throne Room as "doubling" anything. Yes, when you use it on a Smithy, the ultimate outcome is like a doubled Smithy. But you'll be much better off if you don't think of it as doubling Smithy, but rather as playing Smithy, and then playing Smithy again.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 21 queries.