Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: So many choices... what to do?  (Read 2599 times)

theblankman

• Witch
  • Respect: +383
    • View Profile
So many choices... what to do?
« on: September 17, 2014, 10:04:25 pm »
+1

Code: [Select]
Vineyard, Hamlet, Pawn, Squire, Doctor, Fishing Village, Spice Merchant, Mystic, Venture, Wharf
Sadly my opponent lost connection and we didn't get to play this one out.  I feel like it would have been a hell of a game.  Do you rush Vineyards with those cheap piles of +Buy actions, ignoring cards as strong as Fishing Village and Wharf?  If so, which two of Hamlet, Pawn and Squire do you choose to empty?  Or do you build the Wharf engine and play for Provinces and/or huge Vineyards?  If you play the engine, do you thin with Spice Merchant, Doctor, both or neither?  Does Mystic ever become relevant for more money?  I feel like Venture is the only card I definitely don't want here.  Really fun-looking board.  Too bad we didn't get to play it :( 
it's a shame that full-random is the de facto standard

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Re: So many choices... what to do?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2014, 10:13:40 pm »
+1

vineyards all the way.  I think spice merchant/squire and if you get 5/2 you buy wharf/squire.  Pawn is better than hamlet, and I would pick FV up with every 3.  I think buying potion t3/t4 is good, maybe a second potion.  Might not even need wharf, as you can run the pawns, squires, and vineyards super fast.  I would have to play with it some to see what actually works, but provinces are definitely not good here.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

theblankman

• Witch
  • Respect: +383
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2014, 12:57:32 am »

You sure?  I feel like getting some Wharfs before your Potion(s) might cycle them around fast enough and let you come back to a Vineyard split, after which you'd be in a stronger position to amass lots of actions. 
it's a shame that full-random is the de facto standard

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2014, 04:43:49 pm »

You sure?  I feel like getting some Wharfs before your Potion(s) might cycle them around fast enough and let you come back to a Vineyard split, after which you'd be in a stronger position to amass lots of actions.

No, not really sure.  Want to play this set a couple times and try different strategies?  PM me.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3224
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2014, 06:14:27 pm »

I think you go wharves. you definitely go vineyards.

Gherald

• Minion
  • Awe: +35
  • Respect: +1399
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2014, 09:09:00 pm »

Open Spice/FV or Wharf/Squire.   You want 2x Wharf, 2x Potion, and of course as many actions as possible
My opponent has more loot than me

Davio

• 2012 Dutch Champion
  • Respect: +3412
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2014, 05:07:23 am »

vineyards all the way.  I think spice merchant/squire and if you get 5/2 you buy wharf/squire.  Pawn is better than hamlet, and I would pick FV up with every 3.  I think buying potion t3/t4 is good, maybe a second potion.  Might not even need wharf, as you can run the pawns, squires, and vineyards super fast.  I would have to play with it some to see what actually works, but provinces are definitely not good here.
I would probably do something like this as well.

The Vineyards split is a huge deal and with Pawn/Wharf/Squire you always have at least 2 Buys so Potion collision is never bad.

BSG: Cagprezimal Adama
Mage Knight: Arythea
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 20 queries.