Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Hearthstone Etiquette  (Read 9208 times)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7866
    • View Profile
Re: Hearthstone Etiquette
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2014, 01:17:32 pm »
+1

I am pretty clear the snarky "sorry about that" on every good move is bad form despite the fact most assholes are doing it and most players are apparently assholes.

But what about end game? When I have the win I take the shortest route to victory, not play out my entire hand and try to clear all their minions and create the largest possible negative face. Seems most of the assholes do this and most players are apparently assholes.

It dissuades me from wanting to continue playing because I don't tend to play with assholes IRL (out of context thread material).

I am assuming the assholes are carry overs from WoW which I never played. Am I overly sensitive? At least I can concede and not have to wait out a final megawank turn. Squelch doesn't seem to last very long so I have no good remedy for the snarks.

Comments?

Twistedarcher

• Witch
  • Respect: +177
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2014, 01:52:12 pm »

Playing my normal Pirate Warrior today for quests, faced a druid in ranked.  I'm doing well, have board presence and he's just hero powering along...

On My T4, I have a Southsea Captain (3/3) and drop a Kokron Elite (4/3).  7 to face against an empty board.  On his T4, he drops a Sen'jin.  I mean, cool, fine.

So now, on my T5, he emotes the "sorry about that" thing, I guess rubbing it in that he's dropped a...Senjin?  I mean, it trades favorably, but it's T5.

So I play an Arcanite Reaper, kill the Sen'jin, and continue on.

He dropped DotC in Taunt mode on T5, which I took out with a Whirlwind + Arcanite, added a Dread Corsair to the board.  On T6 he dropped the Sunwalker, which I used my minions to destroy, then dropped Leeroy + Heroic Strike on the Axe for lethal.

Don't say "sorry about that" on T4 with a Sen'jin.

I know I'll say "sorry" if I'm on another screen when my turn starts -- it's possible that this is what happened. For me, I don't know if the other person's been waiting 30 seconds or 2 minutes, but maybe it comes across the way you see it?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1520
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2014, 03:36:14 pm »

Playing my normal Pirate Warrior today for quests, faced a druid in ranked.  I'm doing well, have board presence and he's just hero powering along...

On My T4, I have a Southsea Captain (3/3) and drop a Kokron Elite (4/3).  7 to face against an empty board.  On his T4, he drops a Sen'jin.  I mean, cool, fine.

So now, on my T5, he emotes the "sorry about that" thing, I guess rubbing it in that he's dropped a...Senjin?  I mean, it trades favorably, but it's T5.

So I play an Arcanite Reaper, kill the Sen'jin, and continue on.

He dropped DotC in Taunt mode on T5, which I took out with a Whirlwind + Arcanite, added a Dread Corsair to the board.  On T6 he dropped the Sunwalker, which I used my minions to destroy, then dropped Leeroy + Heroic Strike on the Axe for lethal.

Don't say "sorry about that" on T4 with a Sen'jin.

I know I'll say "sorry" if I'm on another screen when my turn starts -- it's possible that this is what happened. For me, I don't know if the other person's been waiting 30 seconds or 2 minutes, but maybe it comes across the way you see it?

His play speed was fine and consistent.  And he said it at the start of my turn.  Eh, obviously it doesn't matter, it was just humorous to me.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.584 seconds with 22 queries.