Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Governor bug  (Read 2759 times)

Mr Anderson

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +191
    • View Profile
Governor bug
« on: September 16, 2014, 09:08:01 am »

I just noticed that you can only choose to gain a gold when you play Governor, and the button is in the top left corner, at least if you are using Chrome and the Salvager extension. I mailed this bug to Making Fun but wanted to let you know. Maybe someone wants to post this in their forum as well, I just registered there and don't have the permission to post messages.

soulnet

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1751
    • View Profile
Re: Governor bug
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 10:03:50 am »

I played with Governor somewhat recently*, using the extension, and had normal behavior.

* three days ago: http://gokologs.drunkensailor.org/static/logprettifier.html?20140913/log.508574f80cf270038ff91f3c.1410636832034.txt

Mr Anderson

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2014, 12:03:14 pm »

I tried it again, it seems to work both in an unrated single player and against bots. But earlier today, while playing bots, the described bug appeared. I didn't make any screen shots, though.

ThaddeusB

• Young Witch
  • Respect: +140
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2014, 12:05:58 pm »

I just noticed that you can only choose to gain a gold when you play Governor, and the button is in the top left corner, at least if you are using Chrome and the Salvager extension. I mailed this bug to Making Fun but wanted to let you know. Maybe someone wants to post this in their forum as well, I just registered there and don't have the permission to post messages.

Salvager moves several "misclickable" buttons on purpose, as of recently. If the placement is off, you should post in the Salvager thread - not Goko won't have a clue about it since they don't make the extension.

Mr Anderson

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2014, 12:26:41 pm »

I checked and I don't use alternate buttons. Sorry if I posted this wrong, I was not aware that Salvager moves some buttons.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3190
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2014, 12:37:16 pm »

I checked and I don't use alternate buttons. Sorry if I posted this wrong, I was not aware that Salvager moves some buttons.

only the beta does. it's a cool feature, because it stops you from clicking on End Turn, when you really meant "play treasures"

JW

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: JW
  • Respect: +1781
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2014, 12:40:01 pm »
+1

only the beta does. it's a cool feature, because it stops you from clicking on End Turn, when you really meant "play treasures"

It used to be that only the beta had this feature, but now the main version of Salvager has it too. User Settings--> Game--> "Use alternate buttons"

theblankman

• Witch
  • Respect: +383
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2014, 01:50:48 pm »
+1

Salvager Alternate Buttons shouldn't be affecting Governor.  The only buttons it moves are End Actions and End Turn.  I've never seen the extension move another button by accident, and I've been using/testing that feature since buggy pre-beta :)  But if this happens to you again, please post a screenshot and your JS log in this thread.  You can get your JS log in Chrome with View -> Developer -> Javascript Console.  If you don't see that option, go to extension settings and check Developer Mode in the upper right corner, and then you should.
it's a shame that full-random is the de facto standard
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 20 queries.