Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 90  All

Author Topic: Mafia 51: Silo (Wool) Mafia - Serial Killer (ashersky) wins!  (Read 170968 times)

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 51: Silo (Wool) Mafia - Day 2 Start - PM for speccy
« Reply #875 on: October 08, 2014, 11:41:34 pm »

Oh, he said e.. Eevee was in the game.  Nevermind.
I'm hurt you'd forget!

Once you started considering lynching me, you became dead to me.
If you get your will and I'm lynched, I'll be dead to everyone else too.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: October 09, 2014, 12:21:37 am »

Hey guys, just wanted to let everyone know I've heard from yuma outside of f.ds and there's no hard feelings or anything.  He just felt it was important he quit f.ds cold turkey.

He's especially sorry to us in this game, he said, and wishes us all the best.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: October 09, 2014, 12:36:38 am »

Hey guys, just wanted to let everyone know I've heard from yuma outside of f.ds and there's no hard feelings or anything.  He just felt it was important he quit f.ds cold turkey.

That makes me feel better. Even though I didn't get to know him much.

Although maybe he just hates me... my first game I played in was when he took his break. And then right when I started to mod ashers game he quit D:.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: October 09, 2014, 12:38:33 am »

Although maybe he just hates me... my first game I played in was when he took his break. And then right when I started to mod ashers game he quit D:.
Nah. I don't think it's you at all. He outed in a game where I was scumpartners with him and then quit while he was modding a game I was in. You could probably make any number of cases, but I really think it was more to do with f.ds in general, not any specific person.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: October 09, 2014, 12:40:50 am »

Nah. I don't think it's you at all. He outed in a game where I was scumpartners with him and then quit while he was modding a game I was in. You could probably make any number of cases, but I really think it was more to do with f.ds in general, not any specific person.

Ya I was more just pointing out a interesting fact. But I'm glad asher heard from him. Makes me feel better.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: October 09, 2014, 12:43:45 am »

Ya I was more just pointing out a interesting fact. But I'm glad asher heard from him. Makes me feel better.
Me too. So yeah, glad to hear there's no hard feelings and we wish yuma the best of everything.

Anyway, (back to the game) I've said about all I can in my defense. I think Jimmmmm might be one of the better lynches of today--though I don't have many townreads that I trust. I'd also like to see silver at least get some heat (I keep saying this but it seems like claiming VT day 1 makes you golden I guess).

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: October 09, 2014, 12:49:25 am »

Anyway, (back to the game) I've said about all I can in my defense. I think Jimmmmm might be one of the better lynches of today--though I don't have many townreads that I trust. I'd also like to see silver at least get some heat (I keep saying this but it seems like claiming VT day 1 makes you golden I guess).

One thing I will say is if I see someone claim VT in a game in the future I won't react this way as they might of seen it work and try it again. As a first time when I havn't seen anyone else do it I feel like scum wouldn't do it. (I know me personally am never going to be bold enough to try something like that).

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: October 09, 2014, 12:51:36 am »

hmmmm ok nevermind, I know what I need to know thanks silver

Want to share?

I do! But it's not the right thing for town if I do. When I have some time (i.e. when I'm not at work) I'm going to re-read day 1 and see if anything jumps out.

What was this about again?  Joth figured something out after asking about likelihood of SK existence and Silver doing math...

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: October 09, 2014, 01:07:04 am »

Okay, just re-read all of D2.

jotheonah is the big voice of the day.  He's either playing a great town game, or faking it as scum.  I know that's a non-statement, but I'm wary of joth ever since the blitz performance he had with Robz.  I'm inclined to say we should follow his lead for now, but be ready to turn on him if he leads us down the mislynch path too easily.

Eevee is around, basically his normal buddying self.  That used to be a tell, but not anymore.  I'm not giving him a town read at this time.

Jimmmmm's few posts have been scummy, but so few that it could just feel scummy.

IG is impossible to fairly assess now.  I do think his lynch isn't a bad idea, but I'm not sure he's scum or anything.  He's done some scummy stuff, but he reminds me of me in the early days just being scummy towny.

WW/Teproc are blending together.  That's normally a bad thing.

Faust is reminding me a bit of his Dune performance, so I'm wary.

I have no firm town reads, I guess.  That's sort of scary.  I got little out of analyzing the dead players, given they are not scum (so much better when we hit scum on D1).  I think a lynch sooner rather than later is good for D2.

Are we at the point where we want to know the setup we're in?  It's easily done with a semi-claim plan.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: October 09, 2014, 01:25:28 am »

One thing I will say is if I see someone claim VT in a game in the future I won't react this way as they might of seen it work and try it again. As a first time when I havn't seen anyone else do it I feel like scum wouldn't do it. (I know me personally am never going to be bold enough to try something like that).
Historically day 1 VT claims have had a terrible track record of surviving and a great track record of flipping town. Those were all way before silverspawn even joined f.ds, so I doubt he knew that.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #885 on: October 09, 2014, 01:30:21 am »

jotheonah is the big voice of the day.  He's either playing a great town game, or faking it as scum.  I know that's a non-statement, but I'm wary of joth ever since the blitz performance he had with Robz.  I'm inclined to say we should follow his lead for now, but be ready to turn on him if he leads us down the mislynch path too easily.
I wouldn't necessarily agree with this assessment. Not that I'm saying joth is playing bad if he is town, but I don't see anyone "following his lead" here, really. Sure, he is the most active and has strong opinions, but since it seems very up in the air who we are lynching still, I'm hesitant to call him the "leading voice of day 2". I'd say the leading voice was whoever we wound up listening to, and this far joth's cases haven't really gotten the necessary support. Maybe this is just because my reads are vastly different from joth's.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: October 09, 2014, 01:31:56 am »

I wouldn't necessarily agree with this assessment. Not that I'm saying joth is playing bad if he is town, but I don't see anyone "following his lead" here, really. Sure, he is the most active and has strong opinions, but since it seems very up in the air who we are lynching still, I'm hesitant to call him the "leading voice of day 2". I'd say the leading voice was whoever we wound up listening to, and this far joth's cases haven't really gotten the necessary support. Maybe this is just because my reads are vastly different from joth's and I'm worried your description becomes a self-filling prophecy.
Sent the message prematurely, finished the last sentence for clarity.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: October 09, 2014, 01:32:35 am »

I wouldn't necessarily agree with this assessment. Not that I'm saying joth is playing bad if he is town, but I don't see anyone "following his lead" here, really. Sure, he is the most active and has strong opinions, but since it seems very up in the air who we are lynching still, I'm hesitant to call him the "leading voice of day 2". I'd say the leading voice was whoever we wound up listening to, and this far joth's cases haven't really gotten the necessary support. Maybe this is just because my reads are vastly different from joth's and I'm worried your description becomes a self-filling prophecy.
Sent the message prematurely, finished the last sentence for clarity.
And it should of course say self-fulfilling. Self-filling is.. something else.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: October 09, 2014, 01:39:49 am »

I guess you are right -- he's not yet being followed.

I do think he's the main voice being heard today, though.  And that could be what he wants.  I mean, he denounced the XP wagon harshly today, and yet he was on it.  That's a classic scum move if he'd been able to stay off the wagon, but not as much while actually being a part of it.  It's the little things like that which worry me.

But at this point, I think he's not the right lynch for today.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: October 09, 2014, 01:57:58 am »

I do think he's the main voice being heard today, though.  And that could be what he wants.  I mean, he denounced the XP wagon harshly today, and yet he was on it.  That's a classic scum move if he'd been able to stay off the wagon, but not as much while actually being a part of it.  It's the little things like that which worry me.

Why do you say yet? Do you think he will be?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: October 09, 2014, 02:00:02 am »

He isn't even necessarily the most active as far as I can tell, he just appears more sure than others. I don't think we are a herd of sheep that will buy into whatever someone's selling as long as they insist on it, in general I think we have a great, active town (especially now that you and Jimm have returned), and I think that people won't settle for joth's cases just because they are currently the only ones, but that they'll find their own if none of the existing ones please them.

Again joth, I really don't mean no disrespect. We just have very different reads this game!

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: October 09, 2014, 08:05:26 am »

I don't think it's time for even a semi claim yet. We've managed to keep even a single PR from being outed so far.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 51: Silo (Wool) Mafia - Day1 Start - PM for speccy
« Reply #892 on: October 09, 2014, 08:12:55 am »

Vote Count 2.2

Witherweaver (1): faust
Jimmmmm (2): Hydrad, Ichimaru Gin
faust (1): Jimmmmm
Hydrad (2): silverspawn, Witherweaver
Ichimaru Gin (1): jotheonah

Not Voting (2): ashersky, Eevee

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch. Day 2 ends on Wednesday, October 15, 7:30 PM FT.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: October 09, 2014, 10:24:51 am »

Oh, the irony!
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: October 09, 2014, 10:31:50 am »

Eevee is around, basically his normal buddying self.  That used to be a tell, but not anymore.  I'm not giving him a town read at this time.

Jimmmmm's few posts have been scummy, but so few that it could just feel scummy.

IG is impossible to fairly assess now.  I do think his lynch isn't a bad idea, but I'm not sure he's scum or anything.  He's done some scummy stuff, but he reminds me of me in the early days just being scummy towny.

WW/Teproc are blending together.  That's normally a bad thing.

Faust is reminding me a bit of his Dune performance, so I'm wary.

I have no firm town reads, I guess.  That's sort of scary.  I got little out of analyzing the dead players, given they are not scum (so much better when we hit scum on D1).  I think a lynch sooner rather than later is good for D2.

Are we at the point where we want to know the setup we're in?  It's easily done with a semi-claim plan.

This list... I don't really see the reads from it. It's like "everyone's a bit scummy". I think scum would want to have some reads put down. Then again, I always fear that scumhunting techniques I use on others will fail on ashersky, but still, it feels a bit townie.

silverspawn isn't on this list. What do you think about him?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: October 09, 2014, 10:33:11 am »

Oh, same with Hydrad, btw. I'm more interested in the silverspawn read, because of everything that happened, but it would also be nice to hear about Hydrad.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: October 09, 2014, 11:09:28 am »

I don't think it's time for even a semi claim yet. We've managed to keep even a single PR from being outed so far.

That is a very reasonable, very standard reply that I could easily see coming from scum.

I don't know about the claims. Looking at the setup again... I have some ideas, but uh... I'm not sure how to formulate them without soft-claiming stuff. I can see some advantages to claiming definitely.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: October 09, 2014, 02:27:38 pm »

Hey! No stalling! I know you guys are on the forums...

What does everyone think about ashersky, now that he's posted a bit more?

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: October 09, 2014, 02:30:35 pm »

Hey! No stalling! I know you guys are on the forums...

What does everyone think about ashersky, now that he's posted a bit more?

Absolutely nothing.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: October 09, 2014, 02:30:46 pm »

asher feels a bit weird? As I don't see a bunch of confidence like I've seen in other games where he finds scum (or thinks hes found scum) and pushes them hard. But I still like Jimmm the most and would say I have a nullish on asher still.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 90  All

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 20 queries.