Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 90  All

Author Topic: Mafia 51: Silo (Wool) Mafia - Serial Killer (ashersky) wins!  (Read 172105 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 51: Silo (Wool) Mafia - Day 2 Start - PM for speccy
« Reply #825 on: October 07, 2014, 04:49:50 pm »

You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: October 07, 2014, 05:11:06 pm »

Hey guys, I'm back home now.  I need to re-read this entire game, as even though I've skimmed along on train and hotel wifi, I haven't really processed anything.  I'll read today and post some new thoughts.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: October 07, 2014, 05:16:35 pm »

Vote: Hydrad

Do i get a reason?

Would one convince you to vote for yourself?

Probably not, but what about me?

Eh alright.. PoE makes him a good candidate already, and then there's been quite a bit of opportunistic wagon jumping.  He was in a  middle position on the XP wagon, jumped on you and then on Jimmm.  Jimm in particularly looks like a likely lynch today simply because he's not around and a lot of people have voted for him or indicated they would vote for him.  I think he's second on the wagon right now.  His reads list just feels very safe to me.. nothing too out of the ordinary except for his extreme defense of Ichi, which I've found suspicious.  Plus, Hydrad is usually quite active and posting a lot in all the other games I've been in with him.  And he's been town in all those games.  It could be a case of not knowing what to post as scum.

The wagon jumping point is somewhat mitigated by that being within his normal (town) meta, so take that as you will.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: October 07, 2014, 05:51:48 pm »

Hey guys, I'm back home now.  I need to re-read this entire game, as even though I've skimmed along on train and hotel wifi, I haven't really processed anything.  I'll read today and post some new thoughts.
Cool! A fresh perspective ought to be quite helpful.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: October 07, 2014, 05:55:10 pm »

Vote: Hydrad

Do i get a reason?

Would one convince you to vote for yourself?

Probably not, but what about me?

Eh alright.. PoE makes him a good candidate already, and then there's been quite a bit of opportunistic wagon jumping.  He was in a  middle position on the XP wagon, jumped on you and then on Jimmm.  Jimm in particularly looks like a likely lynch today simply because he's not around and a lot of people have voted for him or indicated they would vote for him.  I think he's second on the wagon right now.  His reads list just feels very safe to me.. nothing too out of the ordinary except for his extreme defense of Ichi, which I've found suspicious.  Plus, Hydrad is usually quite active and posting a lot in all the other games I've been in with him.  And he's been town in all those games.  It could be a case of not knowing what to post as scum.

The wagon jumping point is somewhat mitigated by that being within his normal (town) meta, so take that as you will.
Despite his lowish post count, Hydrad isn't low in content at all. First of all, 55 posts halfway through day 2 is decent activity in itself, we've just had a couple very high posters, and secondly, as far as I can tell he has offered his opinion on almost every issue. When I reread him I was surprised how high in content his posts were.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: October 07, 2014, 06:47:07 pm »

First re-read was XP, since he was lynched D1 and flipped town.

First half of D1 he didn't have many reads.  Voted a few times.  He gets to a point where he votes for IG and mentions that he'd look at faust if IG was scum.  Switched to Eevee later, stating that trying to lynch XP is a universal scumtell (that's a bit of stretch).

At one point, IG thinks he's hammered again, XP points out that he's not but he could hammer.  He doesn't.  Then his wagon gets going and he doesn't post again until L-1, when he claims VT.  His final reads aren't very in-depth.

So, that wasn't a very useful re-read.  ADK next.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: October 07, 2014, 06:54:05 pm »

There's not really much to ADK of note...he does an early reads list, giving scum points to faust and generally looking at those avoiding scrutiny (Jimmmm and Hydrad).  He mentions me there but say he doesn't like my lynch on D1 out of principle.

He does defend WW a bit on the IG rolefish play.  He pulled the second vote surprise fake hammer play.  That was nice.

He stated intent to hammer XP and joth got angry at him, but it looks like a misunderstanding.  Then he does hammer eventually.

He and I had a small discussion on claiming, he said he was against it.  That's about the only thing that could be construed as a PR slip for him.  Otherwise, I think the only reason scum kill ADK is to ensure a kill goes through -- so perhaps they fear protection?  Is that even in this setup?  I need to check.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: October 07, 2014, 06:55:00 pm »

Yeah, I guess they could be fearing Watcher, Commuter, or Bodyguard (sort of).

Afraid of being Watched makes the most sense.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: October 07, 2014, 06:58:33 pm »

Jimmmmmm has 9 in-game posts.

1.  He votes for Hydrad for an "inflated" Eevee case.
2.  Robz avatar stuff.
3.  He votes for Silver for the VT claim.
4.  Robz avatar joke.
5.  Robz avatar stuff.
6.  He votes for IG for "trying to hard to come up with reasons to do things."
7.  Comments on the IG Non-Hammer Issue.
8.  "And we're back" d2 post.
9.  Sorry, will catch up.

So...that's a lot of voting for so few posts, each with "reasons" found or come up with quickly while not really playing the game in real time.  Relatively scummy.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: October 07, 2014, 07:13:31 pm »

Oh, in this light ADK is actually quite a sensible kill. Someone who was towny and active, but not so much so that shooting them is likely to backfire due to a town pr.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: October 07, 2014, 07:15:23 pm »

Oh, in this light ADK is actually quite a sensible kill. Someone who was towny and active, but not so much so that shooting them is likely to backfire due to a town pr.

And Watcher is in two setups, but where the mafia team gets the 2-Shot JOAT.  So they'd know it exists.  It's just a theory.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: October 08, 2014, 02:13:28 am »

there is also JK

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: October 08, 2014, 05:56:24 am »

Okay.

Re-read faust as he had 2 votes on him at the last vote count. Some of his earlier posts came across as a tad ingenuine to me.

Actually unvote. silverspawn is entertaining. I want to see where this goes.

Who else is scummy? Hydrad, I guess. Vote: Hydrad

PPE 5

I do not buy the SK!silverspawn theory. The fact that Ichi finds it "highly plausible" is weird.

Vote: Ichi

Wow. Craziness. See no reason to move my vote for now.

I don't know, I just kind of get the sense he was trying to find justification for placing votes, with the use of buzzwords such as "weird" and "crazy".

Well... I don't think joth was particularly scummy here (neither townie though). Ichi I still feel could be scum. But who really troubles me is WW. He does basically the same things that Ichi was found scummy for in the first place (rolefishing with silverspawn, sheeping/hedging the SK!silverspawn case), then pushes Ichi for being too much within his meta and actually presses him to claim when he knows he isn't lynched. What's more, he does all this without getting even a single vote. WW's behaviour is easily the most scummy I've seen in my reread.

Vote: Witherweaver

I'm not convinced by his argument on WW, and again use of the word "troubled" sounds like he's trying to emulate how he is supposed to feel.

So Vote: faust for now.

That's not much, but it's something. I'm off to bed; I'll try to give more tomorrow after work.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: October 08, 2014, 06:17:24 am »

Okay.

Re-read faust as he had 2 votes on him at the last vote count. Some of his earlier posts came across as a tad ingenuine to me.

Actually unvote. silverspawn is entertaining. I want to see where this goes.

Who else is scummy? Hydrad, I guess. Vote: Hydrad

PPE 5

I do not buy the SK!silverspawn theory. The fact that Ichi finds it "highly plausible" is weird.

Vote: Ichi

Wow. Craziness. See no reason to move my vote for now.

I don't know, I just kind of get the sense he was trying to find justification for placing votes, with the use of buzzwords such as "weird" and "crazy".

Well... I don't think joth was particularly scummy here (neither townie though). Ichi I still feel could be scum. But who really troubles me is WW. He does basically the same things that Ichi was found scummy for in the first place (rolefishing with silverspawn, sheeping/hedging the SK!silverspawn case), then pushes Ichi for being too much within his meta and actually presses him to claim when he knows he isn't lynched. What's more, he does all this without getting even a single vote. WW's behaviour is easily the most scummy I've seen in my reread.

Vote: Witherweaver

I'm not convinced by his argument on WW, and again use of the word "troubled" sounds like he's trying to emulate how he is supposed to feel.

So Vote: faust for now.

That's not much, but it's something. I'm off to bed; I'll try to give more tomorrow after work.

I have no idea how to respond to this. I don't really get what this case is all about. I'm using certain words; I think everyone is using these words. But I'm scummy because I'm using them.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: October 08, 2014, 06:18:58 am »

This whole "I reread the biggest wagon (well, 2 votes) and found some reason to jump it" falls in the "so scummy it's hard to believe scum actually does that"-category.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #840 on: October 08, 2014, 12:36:02 pm »

How soon is the deadline?

I'm not sure if there's a ton I can do to avert my lynch at the moment. Defending myself normally just gets me into more trouble.
I think Jimmmmm's latest post is scummy and his lack of commitment on important things like silverspawn's claim also looks bad to me.

So vote: Jimmmmm I guess.

As to the case on Hydrad, I have somewhat of a history of mislynching him. Still, I'm wary of the pretty baseless accusation of him having low content this game.

I'm also surprised that silver just continues on his way with pretty much no suspicion for his D1 claim, so it makes me kind of nervous seeing this day controlled by people I think are scum. All I can say is this game is playing out pretty strangely.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: October 08, 2014, 12:39:20 pm »

I'm not sure if there's a ton I can do to avert my lynch at the moment.

What is that, the hundredth time you've said that? And right now you have what, one vote on you?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: October 08, 2014, 12:40:57 pm »

IG's vote on Jimmm doesn't feel good.

unvote if that's where my vote is still at, I was mostly
prompting him to post.

I totally see what silver is saying about Jimmm's latest, but when everyone starts piling on the super lurker it starts looking unappealing to me.

WW and IG are my top choices for today at this point.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: October 08, 2014, 12:53:51 pm »

What is that, the hundredth time you've said that? And right now you have what, one vote on you?
Wow. For someone dedicated to lynching me since forever, I can only assume that you're peeved at not being able to kill me.
Although I don't have a ton of votes on me at the moment, almost everyone has said that I'm probably the best lynch for today cause "information".

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: October 08, 2014, 12:55:26 pm »

... huh?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: October 08, 2014, 12:55:34 pm »

Wow. For someone dedicated to lynching me since forever, I can only assume that you're peeved at not being able to kill me.

I don't deny this at all. And I don't think it reflects on my alignment at all. You know who's easy to run up to L1 but hard to kill? Scum.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: October 08, 2014, 12:56:29 pm »

Although I don't have a ton of votes on me at the moment, almost everyone has said that I'm probably the best lynch for today cause "information".

Also please show me where ANYONE BUT ME has said that.

Guys, this is the classic scum tell, thinking you're in more danger than you actually are.

He/him

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: October 08, 2014, 01:09:36 pm »

Also please show me where ANYONE BUT ME has said that.

Guys, this is the classic scum tell, thinking you're in more danger than you actually are.

Hm. I agree with this. I'm really torn on Ichi right now. I feel like I let too many things pass "because he's Ichi" and maybe I shouldn't.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: October 08, 2014, 01:12:44 pm »

well I was scum in the game that just ended, and I know that this is true. there was an early case against me, and i felt way too much pressure. that basically gave me away right there. WW I think noticed it. It didn't end up hunting me too much, but it probably should ahve.

still, IG is under a lot of pressure here. he may have only one vote, but a lot of people have expressed his feelings about him. so, I'm not sure it applies in this case.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: October 08, 2014, 01:12:55 pm »

This whole "I reread the biggest wagon (well, 2 votes) and found some reason to jump it" falls in the "so scummy it's hard to believe scum actually does that"-category.

Didn't you only have one vote?
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 90  All

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 20 queries.