Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 90  All

Author Topic: Mafia 51: Silo (Wool) Mafia - Serial Killer (ashersky) wins!  (Read 170814 times)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 51: Silo (Wool) Mafia - Day 2 Start - PM for speccy
« Reply #675 on: October 06, 2014, 12:32:00 pm »

So I've lost my zeal for Eevee, and in retrospect am thinking he's more town.  I can't really tell if Faust is mistaken or trying to push a mislynch.  Ichi I always think is scum no matter what, so I have to curb all my gut reads against him. 

I think I want to lynch someone in the background.  I don't really have scum reads on the people actually doing stuff.

Vote: Jimmmm

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: October 06, 2014, 12:42:53 pm »

Vote: Jimmm I'm conditioning people to drop their scum reads on me.

No, but seriously WW, I spearheaded a town lynch, and that made you change your mind? Curious.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: October 06, 2014, 12:53:13 pm »

Vote: Jimmm I'm conditioning people to drop their scum reads on me.

No, but seriously WW, I spearheaded a town lynch, and that made you change your mind? Curious.

No, I was just thinking back to how you seemed, and it kind of felt more like other times you've been town.  This post was the one that popped into my mind.. no good explanation why, just a kind of gut thing:

Also, as scum you don't want to be on an easy mislynch, because that's the first place people look (e.g., Ichi being "100% certain there is scum on your wagon").  So, you have to avoid the easy wagon, so you have reasons, so you end up defending town.

If you are scum, I believe Ichi would be town.   The other direction doesn't apply though.
Okay, I like this line of thinking, and it makes you seem townier to me.

Why do you think I'm scum? We've usually done excellent at identifying each other as town, so it feels weird to be at odds with you.

I could be wrong and it could just be like that you seem to me like you regularly are, independent of your alignment. 

Plus a bit of logic.. why drop a scum read on mere here if you're scum?  Maybe to look more like a town player.. but generally scum would want to not go back and forth so much and stay in the middle more.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: October 06, 2014, 12:59:55 pm »

Just checking in. Been super busy with school and such. I have yet to reread D1 but should be able to do it soon. I agree that Jimmmmm's lurking here looks somewhat scummy. In particular, I don't recall him weighing in on any of the important issues of D1. I feel like there's more of a lurker meta in general lately, where more and more people seem to be low activity and not necessarily get heat for it.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: October 06, 2014, 01:02:09 pm »

To be fair to Jimmm, it is known he is legitimately busy right now.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: October 06, 2014, 01:03:58 pm »

To be fair to Jimmm, it is known he is legitimately busy right now.
Ok thanks. That does make a difference in my read on him. Do you know if he was similarly busy for most of D1?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: October 06, 2014, 01:11:23 pm »

I don't buy a lurker lynch here. I think the scum is active, and was involved in yesterday's lynch.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: October 06, 2014, 01:15:28 pm »

I don't buy a lurker lynch here. I think the scum is active, and was involved in yesterday's lynch.

What makes you say that?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: October 06, 2014, 01:16:56 pm »

The Jimmmmm votes aren't helping much. This might be the last day we have before MyLo. People should come up with better arguments than LAL.

That said, it would be nice to hear a bit more from Jimmmmmm.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: October 06, 2014, 02:32:20 pm »

The Jimmmmm votes aren't helping much. This might be the last day we have before MyLo. People should come up with better arguments than LAL.

Scum has to be somewhere.  Lack of evidence for other players being scum counts as evidence for a given player being scum.  There are some actions to indicate that, e.g., you may be Town, but not really from him.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: October 06, 2014, 02:32:39 pm »

So, who on XP's wagon was scum?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: October 06, 2014, 02:34:00 pm »

Actually, I keep on forgetting that Hydrad is even in the game.

Vote: Hydrad

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: October 06, 2014, 02:43:48 pm »

Scum has to be somewhere.  Lack of evidence for other players being scum counts as evidence for a given player being scum.  There are some actions to indicate that, e.g., you may be Town, but not really from him.
Actually,

Vote: Faust

You've been fairly critical of everyone else's statements and votes, but have barely provided much yourself outside of a pretty trumped up argument against me.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: October 06, 2014, 03:14:47 pm »

Actually,

Vote: Faust

You've been fairly critical of everyone else's statements and votes, but have barely provided much yourself outside of a pretty trumped up argument against me.

Vote: faust

I really don't know where most of your reads are. I know you think WW is scummy but where do you stand on others?
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: October 06, 2014, 03:21:54 pm »

Man it's cool how I vote for someone then in the next post someone votes for the same person.  I am going to use this power to cause all sorts of havoks.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #690 on: October 06, 2014, 03:25:25 pm »

So, who on XP's wagon was scum?

Well first off, I never said anyone was. There are lots of ways to be involved in a lynch without being on the wagon.

That said, the wagon, minus myself and ADK, is Ichimaru Gin, Eevee, Hydrad, silverspawn. I have a town read on silver. Eevee could easily be scum. Ichimaru is still a top scum read for me. Hydrad I'm null on, but a lot of people seem to find him scummy so also possible.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: October 06, 2014, 03:26:41 pm »

Man it's cool how I vote for someone then in the next post someone votes for the same person.  I am going to use this power to cause all sorts of havoks.

nope when you voted for me it didn't work. Your power is terrible.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: October 06, 2014, 03:27:30 pm »

Who was involved in XP's lynch yesterday that was not on the wagon, and is scum?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: October 06, 2014, 03:28:14 pm »

nope when you voted for me it didn't work. Your power is terrible.

Well, I was the next poster.  I didn't give my own powers time.

OR MAYBE YOUR SCUMBUDDIES DIDN'T WANT TO VOTE FOR YOU.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: October 06, 2014, 03:47:37 pm »

vote: Hydrad

the previous case was not bad, but this last vote was completely unreasonable. this is scum!hydrad trying to imitate confident!town!Hydrad.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: October 06, 2014, 03:58:45 pm »

Let us not do faust. He really is not blending in anymore, he has been quite aggressive. I know that was part of the case, but it's more OMGUS, as this kind of play may be annoying, but I don't think it's very scummy. I like Hydrad or IG here. It's entirely possible that they are even a scum team.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: October 06, 2014, 03:59:51 pm »

Was he ever blending in before?  I don't think so. 

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 51: Silo (Wool) Mafia - Day1 Start - PM for speccy
« Reply #697 on: October 06, 2014, 04:54:29 pm »

A brief history of the XP wagon
by joth

This is, I think, the first mention of XP as even a possible lynch candidate, pretty late in the day, IG is currently the vote leader but only has like 2 votes on him, and a wagon has just started to form on Eevee (with XP as one of the Eevee voters):

I agree with your points ADK. Though I don't think XP has gotten much suspicion either from what I remember.
Neither he nor Jimmmmm were around for my wagon though.

Still don't get much of the votes on Eevee. And not sure what to make of silver here either. Blah, I feel like something else has to happen to get this game rolling again. Some town points go to everyone that's at least around and posting a fair amount I guess.

then, sometime later, XP says "can we just lynch someone already" and silverspawn posts:

I think IG is by far the best case so far. I'll definitely do him.

I'll also consider Hydrad or XP.

then silver and XP put IG to L1. IG makes the first vote for XP, out of desperation:

Just woke up. I am at L-1

Wow, guess I'll be derphammered twice this game.
I've said what I've said in my defense. If that hasn't convinced you or the multiple insane ramp ups of my wagon, I don't know.

I still don't like WW trying to force a claim out of me under false pretenses--no matter how he tries to defend it. So vote: WW
I will repeat that I stand by my decision to not claim. I really can't believe the lazy votes on me, and all I ask is that people look at the poor votes on me.

PPE: vote: XP

XP unvotes IG and then revotes him in the next post. Then Eevee joins the wagon and legitimizes it with a "real case"

Vote: Xerxes
His last few posts that seemed like sort of quietly slipping onto the wagon and got me to rereading him, and wow has he been lurking, to the magnitude of only having 15 posts in the entire game. All his votes have been on growing wagons.

I don't know, reread him for yourself, but he has done a masterful job of avoiding all scrutiny despite playing quite scummy.

I question Eevee's case on XP, saying it seems like very clumsy scum play. There's a lot more conversation. The day stalls again. Ichi makes a sly dig at XP:

I see a lot of people calling townie stuff scummy and scummy stuff townie, which frankly is confusing me.
These are the kind of things you want to call out! What are you referring to?
-Joth saying derphammering is townie and acting like ending the day super early is a good idea
-WW defending him pushing me to claim even though I wasn't hammered
-No one really picking up on XP's hugely scummy behavior: lurking, sheeping votes, joining easy wagons and pushing them, not being around for important events like silver's claim--and not really commenting on them.
-People finding you (Eevee) scummy for reasons that make no sense to me
-Everyone just accepting silver's claim

I don't know, most of that behavior that I list makes very little sense to me, and I feel like scum is just getting away with blatantly sheeping my wagon and trying to mislynch me for the second time today.
So people can just claim VT right away and get virtually no pressure, that must be great. I understand that I distracted from it, but silver's  claim is still a very important event of this day that people seem to be ignoring.

and then silver:

The XP case is looking strong. I have to reread him in James Bond Mafia, but right now I think he's almost as good as IG.

One of these two should be our lynch.

Witherweaver throws his support (but not his vote) behind the lynch. Oh boy I was hoping to find something like that.

XP always feels like town!XP to me.

Ichi and Hydrad always feel like scum to me.

The things XP always gets called out for are traits he always displays as town, so I tend to always see him that way. I don't have much of a gut town instinct on him here.. more, like I think, "would he talk about how suspicious or scummy he is as scum?"

I wouldn't oppose XP. The only player I have a real town read on is Joth.

faust posts a reads list. relevant excerpt:

xerxes - is super careless, almost in a mail-mi way sheeping people (and admitting that it's sheeping)... this could be fake. His L-1 on Ichi looks constructed.
witherweaver - lots of jokes early. In general, I don't quite buy his suspicion of Ichi, and a lot of his posts feel like he's twisting people's words instead of looking for scum. Gets defensive when people (hydrad) revisit my case on him.

So WW and Xerxes seem like the best options here. Don't want to lynch ashersky really, but I hope we'll get more from him when his VLA ends. I could do Jimmmmm or Hydrad. Other lynches are not so good.

I'm keeping my vote on WW for now, to see where this is going. Willing to change to Xerxes later.

Ichi gets to L1 AGAIN. Hydrad jumps lamely onto the XP wagon:

Rereading XP I am finding him scummier. I don't like all of his vote swapping. I would much rather a XP lynch then a IG one.

Vote: XP

Silver jumps on officially:

vote: XP

A strong case.

L-2

I vote for XP. I know it's scummy to say this, but I regret this vote. We were nearing deadline and Ichi was really repeatedly refusing to happen.

alright, you've all convinced me. I'll make the switch to vote: XP. That's L1. Last words time.

ADK declares intent to hammer

I don't find XP particularly towny and I find this quickly building wagon intriguing. Intent to hammer.

I unvote, because of a confusion of what "intent to hammer" means. I revote upon clearing up the confusion.  XP claims VT, ADK quickhammers, and that's all she wrote. Thoughts to come in next post.

He/him

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: October 06, 2014, 04:54:59 pm »

vote: Hydrad

the previous case was not bad, but this last vote was completely unreasonable. this is scum!hydrad trying to imitate confident!town!Hydrad.

Basically I just think faust has been making conversation by questioning others votes but not really said much on who he thinks is scum or not. I think its a easy way for scum to not get caught in defending the wrong people or not.

PPE:1

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 51: Silo (Wool) Mafia - Day1 Start - PM for speccy
« Reply #699 on: October 06, 2014, 04:55:52 pm »

A brief history of the XP wagon (with the quote tag fixed)
by joth

This is, I think, the first mention of XP as even a possible lynch candidate, pretty late in the day, IG is currently the vote leader but only has like 2 votes on him, and a wagon has just started to form on Eevee (with XP as one of the Eevee voters):

I agree with your points ADK. Though I don't think XP has gotten much suspicion either from what I remember.
Neither he nor Jimmmmm were around for my wagon though.

Still don't get much of the votes on Eevee. And not sure what to make of silver here either. Blah, I feel like something else has to happen to get this game rolling again. Some town points go to everyone that's at least around and posting a fair amount I guess.

then, sometime later, XP says "can we just lynch someone already" and silverspawn posts:

I think IG is by far the best case so far. I'll definitely do him.

I'll also consider Hydrad or XP.

then silver and XP put IG to L1. IG makes the first vote for XP, out of desperation:

Just woke up. I am at L-1

Wow, guess I'll be derphammered twice this game.
I've said what I've said in my defense. If that hasn't convinced you or the multiple insane ramp ups of my wagon, I don't know.

I still don't like WW trying to force a claim out of me under false pretenses--no matter how he tries to defend it. So vote: WW
I will repeat that I stand by my decision to not claim. I really can't believe the lazy votes on me, and all I ask is that people look at the poor votes on me.

PPE: vote: XP

XP unvotes IG and then revotes him in the next post. Then Eevee joins the wagon and legitimizes it with a "real case"

Vote: Xerxes
His last few posts that seemed like sort of quietly slipping onto the wagon and got me to rereading him, and wow has he been lurking, to the magnitude of only having 15 posts in the entire game. All his votes have been on growing wagons.

I don't know, reread him for yourself, but he has done a masterful job of avoiding all scrutiny despite playing quite scummy.

I question Eevee's case on XP, saying it seems like very clumsy scum play. There's a lot more conversation. The day stalls again. Ichi makes a sly dig at XP:

I see a lot of people calling townie stuff scummy and scummy stuff townie, which frankly is confusing me.
These are the kind of things you want to call out! What are you referring to?
-Joth saying derphammering is townie and acting like ending the day super early is a good idea
-WW defending him pushing me to claim even though I wasn't hammered
-No one really picking up on XP's hugely scummy behavior: lurking, sheeping votes, joining easy wagons and pushing them, not being around for important events like silver's claim--and not really commenting on them.
-People finding you (Eevee) scummy for reasons that make no sense to me
-Everyone just accepting silver's claim

I don't know, most of that behavior that I list makes very little sense to me, and I feel like scum is just getting away with blatantly sheeping my wagon and trying to mislynch me for the second time today.
So people can just claim VT right away and get virtually no pressure, that must be great. I understand that I distracted from it, but silver's  claim is still a very important event of this day that people seem to be ignoring.

and then silver:

The XP case is looking strong. I have to reread him in James Bond Mafia, but right now I think he's almost as good as IG.

One of these two should be our lynch.

Witherweaver throws his support (but not his vote) behind the lynch. Oh boy I was hoping to find something like that.

XP always feels like town!XP to me.

Ichi and Hydrad always feel like scum to me.

The things XP always gets called out for are traits he always displays as town, so I tend to always see him that way. I don't have much of a gut town instinct on him here.. more, like I think, "would he talk about how suspicious or scummy he is as scum?"

I wouldn't oppose XP. The only player I have a real town read on is Joth.

faust posts a reads list. relevant excerpt:

xerxes - is super careless, almost in a mail-mi way sheeping people (and admitting that it's sheeping)... this could be fake. His L-1 on Ichi looks constructed.
witherweaver - lots of jokes early. In general, I don't quite buy his suspicion of Ichi, and a lot of his posts feel like he's twisting people's words instead of looking for scum. Gets defensive when people (hydrad) revisit my case on him.

So WW and Xerxes seem like the best options here. Don't want to lynch ashersky really, but I hope we'll get more from him when his VLA ends. I could do Jimmmmm or Hydrad. Other lynches are not so good.

I'm keeping my vote on WW for now, to see where this is going. Willing to change to Xerxes later.

Ichi gets to L1 AGAIN. Hydrad jumps lamely onto the XP wagon:

Rereading XP I am finding him scummier. I don't like all of his vote swapping. I would much rather a XP lynch then a IG one.

Vote: XP

Silver jumps on officially:

vote: XP

A strong case.

L-2

I vote for XP. I know it's scummy to say this, but I regret this vote. We were nearing deadline and Ichi was really repeatedly refusing to happen.

alright, you've all convinced me. I'll make the switch to vote: XP. That's L1. Last words time.

ADK declares intent to hammer

I don't find XP particularly towny and I find this quickly building wagon intriguing. Intent to hammer.

I unvote, because of a confusion of what "intent to hammer" means. I revote upon clearing up the confusion.  XP claims VT, ADK quickhammers, and that's all she wrote. Thoughts to come in next post.

He/him
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 90  All

Page created in 0.115 seconds with 20 queries.