Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 90  All

Author Topic: Mafia 51: Silo (Wool) Mafia - Serial Killer (ashersky) wins!  (Read 170827 times)

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 51: Silo (Wool) Mafia - Day1 Start - PM for speccy
« Reply #575 on: October 01, 2014, 11:57:02 pm »

NOTE: It would be really nice if everyone sent me a copy of their PMs (in a PM, of course), as I did not get CC'd when yuma sent them out.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: October 02, 2014, 12:12:02 am »

We really appreciate you stepping in here mail-mi and continuing this game, so thank you. PM sent.

I don't know if there's much that I can do to avert my lynch today. I think there are cases much better than mine--with evidence other than my known defensiveness. I like where my vote is now, and I implore all of you to reread XP and think hard about the implications of my lynch growing so quickly with a continued number of poorly explained votes (not implying this for all votes on me, just some).

That's all for now.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: October 02, 2014, 06:49:41 am »

everyone on the Ichi wagon: Please explain what Ichi did to appear scummy, and how it fis a scum narrative. All the cases I've seen so far boil down to "well, he wasn't super townie, so let's lynch him".
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: October 02, 2014, 06:50:02 am »

Can't believe I'm actually defending Ichi :D

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: October 02, 2014, 08:24:11 am »

We really appreciate you stepping in here mail-mi and continuing this game, so thank you. PM sent.

I don't know if there's much that I can do to avert my lynch today. I think there are cases much better than mine--with evidence other than my known defensiveness. I like where my vote is now, and I implore all of you to reread XP and think hard about the implications of my lynch growing so quickly with a continued number of poorly explained votes (not implying this for all votes on me, just some).

That's all for now.

Instead, let's think hard about the implications of the fact that, despite you having been the number one suspect all day, it seems damn near impossible to actually push your lynch through. Who does that happen to, scum or town?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: October 02, 2014, 08:25:14 am »

everyone on the Ichi wagon: Please explain what Ichi did to appear scummy, and how it fis a scum narrative. All the cases I've seen so far boil down to "well, he wasn't super townie, so let's lynch him".

it's a vibe I've gotten from his posts and reactions to votes on him consistently, all day. It's possible I just don't know his town meta well enough, but he has and continues to read very scummy to me.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: October 02, 2014, 10:06:01 am »

Rereading XP I am finding him scummier. I don't like all of his vote swapping. I would much rather a XP lynch then a IG one.

Vote: XP
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: October 02, 2014, 10:18:09 am »

That's all for now.

Instead, let's think hard about the implications of the fact that, despite you having been the number one suspect all day, it seems damn near impossible to actually push your lynch through. Who does that happen to, scum or town?
This feels dishonest. He was damn near lynched twice already, and the first time happened in a super rapid fashion.

The deadline, it's pretty close. Time to have your vote where it matters, people!

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: October 02, 2014, 10:20:23 am »

Rereading XP I am finding him scummier. I don't like all of his vote swapping. I would much rather a XP lynch then a IG one.

Vote: XP

Speaking of people who are doing a lot of vote swapping, I'm starting to find Hydrad pretty scummy here.

To answer faust, if I remember it started when Ichi gave a very hedgy response to silverspawn's claim, and then when he was almost lynched had what I viewed as a scummy reaction.

PPE: I like my vote where it is.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: October 02, 2014, 11:13:21 am »

vote: XP

A strong case.

L-2

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #585 on: October 02, 2014, 11:15:04 am »

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: October 02, 2014, 11:19:46 am »

Vote: Xerxes
His last few posts that seemed like sort of quietly slipping onto the wagon and got me to rereading him, and wow has he been lurking, to the magnitude of only having 15 posts in the entire game. All his votes have been on growing wagons.

I don't know, reread him for yourself, but he has done a masterful job of avoiding all scrutiny despite playing quite scummy.

faust, you seem to be extremely aggressive on other players votes. is this part of your meta?

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: October 02, 2014, 11:22:27 am »

xerxes - is super careless, almost in a mail-mi way sheeping people (and admitting that it's sheeping)... this could be fake. His L-1 on Ichi looks constructed.

and you have said a similar thing yourself.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: October 02, 2014, 11:57:50 am »

xerxes - is super careless, almost in a mail-mi way sheeping people (and admitting that it's sheeping)... this could be fake. His L-1 on Ichi looks constructed.

and you have said a similar thing yourself.

Yes - I wanted to know what parts of these cases you agree with. And I guess I'm not generally aggressive (people said I was bossy in Dice mafia though), but I'm getting frustrated when people don't care to provide reasons for what they do themselves and you have to ask them for everything.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: October 02, 2014, 12:04:45 pm »

In James Bond mafia, XP was much more talkative, and although he switched his votes around a lot, he played very differently. He was making cases himself, and he was calling out others for what he thought was weird play. He also complained when people did things he didn't agree with.

Here, we have nothing of that. He is just semi-lurking, jumping on opportune wagons, and not doing much in general.

and these

Hmmm. That sounds really towny.  unvote

Also, that went a little quickly. Let's see, faust has been acting a little scummy. But only in relation to IG. Actually, maybe that could have been fabricated. vote: IG

he unvotes and then immediately revotes for IG. that almost looks like he switched up his fabricated reads or something and got confused. it doesn't look like a town perspective.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: October 02, 2014, 12:07:33 pm »

alright, you've all convinced me. I'll make the switch to vote: XP. That's L1. Last words time.

He/him

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: October 02, 2014, 12:08:38 pm »

alright, you've all convinced me. I'll make the switch to vote: XP. That's L1. Last words time.

last words time?

how about - yknow - a claim?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: October 02, 2014, 12:09:50 pm »

In James Bond mafia, XP was much more talkative, and although he switched his votes around a lot, he played very differently. He was making cases himself, and he was calling out others for what he thought was weird play. He also complained when people did things he didn't agree with.

Here, we have nothing of that. He is just semi-lurking, jumping on opportune wagons, and not doing much in general.

and these

Hmmm. That sounds really towny.  unvote

Also, that went a little quickly. Let's see, faust has been acting a little scummy. But only in relation to IG. Actually, maybe that could have been fabricated. vote: IG

he unvotes and then immediately revotes for IG. that almost looks like he switched up his fabricated reads or something and got confused. it doesn't look like a town perspective.

I don't get the last point.  And if he was fabricating reads and got switched up, why wouldn't he just stick with the last one and play like he changed his mind?

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: October 02, 2014, 12:16:51 pm »

I'm here to hammer, but of course want to give XP a chance to claim. This is a large part based on reads, but also survival-voting to prevent me being mislynched today.

I see people switching to him a little too quickly as well, but at least there's some real material for the case. I see joth's voting patterns and posts as very scummy, but they also make sense from his point of view of really hating D1 and wanting it over ASAP. So is this part of his meta that I somehow missed in my previous games (game?) with him?

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: October 02, 2014, 12:17:17 pm »

I'm here to hammer, but of course want to give XP a chance to claim. This is a large part based on reads, but also survival-voting to prevent me being mislynched today.

I see people switching to him a little too quickly as well, but at least there's some real material for the case. I see joth's voting patterns and posts as very scummy, but they also make sense from his point of view of really hating D1 and wanting it over ASAP. So is this part of his meta that I somehow missed in my previous games (game?) with him?
Nevermind, forgot I was already voting.  :-[

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: October 02, 2014, 12:19:12 pm »

I don't get the last point.  And if he was fabricating reads and got switched up, why wouldn't he just stick with the last one and play like he changed his mind?

well, that would have been the better play. but it's possible that he just screwed up. it seems more plausible than town changing his mind in the spawn of a few seconds.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: October 02, 2014, 12:22:49 pm »

I'm not entirely convinced that we should force a claim and hammer unless it's a strong PR. I still like IG almost as much, and a little bit more after his last post.

If someone intends to hammer, that's fine and I won't back up. But do not hammer before XP gets to defend himself.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: October 02, 2014, 01:31:06 pm »

I don't find XP particularly towny and I find this quickly building wagon intriguing. Intent to hammer.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: October 02, 2014, 01:34:28 pm »

Unvote

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: October 02, 2014, 01:34:50 pm »

I don't support hammering someone before they get a chance to defend themselves.

He/him
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 90  All

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 20 queries.