Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 90  All

Author Topic: Mafia 51: Silo (Wool) Mafia - Serial Killer (ashersky) wins!  (Read 170846 times)

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 51: Silo (Wool) Mafia - Day1 Start - PM for speccy
« Reply #550 on: September 30, 2014, 05:30:44 pm »

I guess I'm hedgy in that I don't have a strong opinion about IG, but I don't see anything else that matches your description (and I'm not scum, I'm not going to fabricate an opinion on IG, obviously).

Also I don't have any other great ideas :(
Reread xerxes and see what you think. Doesn't take long.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: September 30, 2014, 11:43:51 pm »

It's not good that the day has stalled, but I'm not sure if there's a ton to be done at that point. You guys are pretty much exaggerating what Hydrad was saying--in the same way people are exaggerating how close the deadline is.
You can put off my mislynch for another 2 days with 2 days left over if you still want to lynch me. With this little total discussion D1, there's room for a lot more.
I see a lot of people calling townie stuff scummy and scummy stuff townie, which frankly is confusing me. It's getting late and not much more to say since nothing much has really happened. I like my vote on XP and hate to see joth trying to end this day so quickly. I understand that D1 can be annoying cause there's really no concrete information like flips, but it is important to have discussion and info to refer back to. Although we do have some strong sentiments regarding my near mislynch and silver's claim, there's not much else.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: September 30, 2014, 11:51:04 pm »

I see a lot of people calling townie stuff scummy and scummy stuff townie, which frankly is confusing me.
These are the kind of things you want to call out! What are you referring to?

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: October 01, 2014, 12:01:19 am »

I see a lot of people calling townie stuff scummy and scummy stuff townie, which frankly is confusing me.
These are the kind of things you want to call out! What are you referring to?
-Joth saying derphammering is townie and acting like ending the day super early is a good idea
-WW defending him pushing me to claim even though I wasn't hammered
-No one really picking up on XP's hugely scummy behavior: lurking, sheeping votes, joining easy wagons and pushing them, not being around for important events like silver's claim--and not really commenting on them.
-People finding you (Eevee) scummy for reasons that make no sense to me
-Everyone just accepting silver's claim

I don't know, most of that behavior that I list makes very little sense to me, and I feel like scum is just getting away with blatantly sheeping my wagon and trying to mislynch me for the second time today.
So people can just claim VT right away and get virtually no pressure, that must be great. I understand that I distracted from it, but silver's  claim is still a very important event of this day that people seem to be ignoring.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: October 01, 2014, 02:07:51 am »

The XP case is looking strong. I have to reread him in James Bond Mafia, but right now I think he's almost as good as IG.

One of these two should be our lynch.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #555 on: October 01, 2014, 09:47:25 am »

XP always feels like town!XP to me.

Ichi and Hydrad always feel like scum to me.

The things XP always gets called out for are traits he always displays as town, so I tend to always see him that way. I don't have much of a gut town instinct on him here.. more, like I think, "would he talk about how suspicious or scummy he is as scum?"

I wouldn't oppose XP. The only player I have a real town read on is Joth.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: October 01, 2014, 10:09:26 am »

Doing a complete reread.

Reads from this, town to scum:

faust

silverspawn - VT claim. I kind of don't think he would do that if he had a partner, so if he's scum, it's either Traitor or SK. That's enough to make me not want to lynch him today.
Ichimaru - suggests silverspawn is lying. I somehow don't think scum does that... thinks maybe, but doesn't post stuff like that. It's not good for town to post it, but I think it's more likely to come from town. His defensiveness and unwillingness to claim does not point towards him being scum for me.

joth - the vote on Ichi was sheepy. Seems a bit careless and I believe that's more likely to come from town.
ADK - starts SK hunting. Overall his posts seem like genuine scumhunting to me though.
Eevee - after all the Ichi craziness, says his flip will provide information... that is always a somewhat scummy motive for a lynch. Sheeps my WW case, which isn't a huge red flag, because obviously it was a really good case. Overall, I agree with him a lot. Slight town.

Jimmmmm - vote silver because VT claim is "not good". That is the only thing I put down. Not good, much lurking.
hydrad - asks what JK means, some scum points for that. Not much else, pretty null overall.

ashersky - says he has a plan, then doesn't. Seems a bit like emulating his town meta here. It also takes a long time for him to get into real scumhunting, not sure what that means.

xerxes - is super careless, almost in a mail-mi way sheeping people (and admitting that it's sheeping)... this could be fake. His L-1 on Ichi looks constructed.
witherweaver - lots of jokes early. In general, I don't quite buy his suspicion of Ichi, and a lot of his posts feel like he's twisting people's words instead of looking for scum. Gets defensive when people (hydrad) revisit my case on him.

So WW and Xerxes seem like the best options here. Don't want to lynch ashersky really, but I hope we'll get more from him when his VLA ends. I could do Jimmmmm or Hydrad. Other lynches are not so good.

I'm keeping my vote on WW for now, to see where this is going. Willing to change to Xerxes later.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: October 01, 2014, 10:22:16 am »

Doing a complete reread.

Reads from this, town to scum:

faust

silverspawn - VT claim. I kind of don't think he would do that if he had a partner, so if he's scum, it's either Traitor or SK. That's enough to make me not want to lynch him today.
Ichimaru - suggests silverspawn is lying. I somehow don't think scum does that... thinks maybe, but doesn't post stuff like that. It's not good for town to post it, but I think it's more likely to come from town. His defensiveness and unwillingness to claim does not point towards him being scum for me.

joth - the vote on Ichi was sheepy. Seems a bit careless and I believe that's more likely to come from town.
ADK - starts SK hunting. Overall his posts seem like genuine scumhunting to me though.
Eevee - after all the Ichi craziness, says his flip will provide information... that is always a somewhat scummy motive for a lynch. Sheeps my WW case, which isn't a huge red flag, because obviously it was a really good case. Overall, I agree with him a lot. Slight town.

Jimmmmm - vote silver because VT claim is "not good". That is the only thing I put down. Not good, much lurking.
hydrad - asks what JK means, some scum points for that. Not much else, pretty null overall.

ashersky - says he has a plan, then doesn't. Seems a bit like emulating his town meta here. It also takes a long time for him to get into real scumhunting, not sure what that means.

xerxes - is super careless, almost in a mail-mi way sheeping people (and admitting that it's sheeping)... this could be fake. His L-1 on Ichi looks constructed.
witherweaver - lots of jokes early. In general, I don't quite buy his suspicion of Ichi, and a lot of his posts feel like he's twisting people's words instead of looking for scum. Gets defensive when people (hydrad) revisit my case on him.

So WW and Xerxes seem like the best options here. Don't want to lynch ashersky really, but I hope we'll get more from him when his VLA ends. I could do Jimmmmm or Hydrad. Other lynches are not so good.

I'm keeping my vote on WW for now, to see where this is going. Willing to change to Xerxes later.

Your argument against me is that I did something that in no way fits a scum narrative for me.  And was, at least in intention if not in execution, a good town move.  How is that a good case?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: October 01, 2014, 10:26:14 am »

Your argument against me is that I did something that in no way fits a scum narrative for me.  And was, at least in intention if not in execution, a good town move.  How is that a good case?

I don't know why it should not fit a scum narrative for you. And I don't think it was a good town move. And anyway that's not the whole case on you. This is what I mean by twisting words.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: October 01, 2014, 10:28:03 am »

I don't know why it should not fit a scum narrative for you. And I don't think it was a good town move. And anyway that's not the whole case on you. This is what I mean by twisting words.

Then I in no way understand the rest of the case.

How was it not a good town move? 

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: October 01, 2014, 10:31:40 am »

Then I in no way understand the rest of the case.

How was it not a good town move?

It was not a good town move because it might have outed a town PR, and I have trouble seeing the benefit... scum will double-check if they're really lynched.

The rest of the case is you hedging on the silverspawn case early on, and pushing an Ichi case that feels constructed because by now I have trouble seeing what Ichi did here as scummy.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: October 01, 2014, 10:45:22 am »

That doesn't make sense. You saw what Ichi was doing before as scummy.  And I'm not sure what you mean by "pushing".

Why is outing a PR a problem if you were willing to lynch him anyway?  You were voting for him.  As you've said before, when you have a vote on someone you believe they're the best lynch at that time.  If he claimed a PR after thinking he was lynched, a la Sudgy, then we wouldn't lynch him... a lot like what would happen if he claimed a PR when he wasn't yet lynched, except that we'd have much less reason to doubt him.

Ichi was either (1) faking in some way, or (2) believed he was actually lynched.  If (2) then he's going to be upset and more likely to slip something.  Town and Scum tend to react differently to being lynched.  We may be able to deduce what it is based on how he responds.  (1) is not that likely, but either way I'd have to get reactions to judge.

I probably should have said something different, but I didn't know how to say "tell us that you're Town" .. I probably should have gone with something like, "so you're really Town?" or whatever, but I figured everyone else knew he wasn't lynched, so someone would say something pretty quickly.  If he really believed he got lynched, I wanted as much responses as I could get in that window.

Hedging the Silverspawn case I suppose I can accept.. I don't know that I hedged it, but do know that I could still go either way on him, so I can see how that comes off as a hedge.  I keep going back and forth between "probably town" and "maybe he's pulling one over on us".  That's why, as I said in some previous post, I'm choosing to dismiss the claim as WIFOM.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: October 01, 2014, 08:27:14 pm »

vote: Ichi
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: October 01, 2014, 08:28:42 pm »

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: October 01, 2014, 08:51:10 pm »

Not again! Check the vote count. You're at L-1.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: October 01, 2014, 08:51:34 pm »

I could hammer you if you want. :)

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: October 01, 2014, 08:52:15 pm »

Not again! Check the vote count. You're at L-1.

This is where you let him believe he's been lynched and ask him to confess.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: October 01, 2014, 08:58:02 pm »

Spoilsport.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: October 01, 2014, 09:08:52 pm »

Who unvoted me then?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: October 01, 2014, 09:11:37 pm »

Think he might be at L-2 actually.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #570 on: October 01, 2014, 09:12:02 pm »

That was cute from ADK though. 

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: October 01, 2014, 09:36:09 pm »

I was already voting for you, and voted again to see what would happen.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: October 01, 2014, 10:07:20 pm »

Ohmahgurd so scummy.

But also XP had changed to Eevee.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: October 01, 2014, 10:32:26 pm »

Oh did he? Well someone else should vote for Ichi so he's back at L-1.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 51: Silo (Wool) Mafia - Day1 Start
« Reply #574 on: October 01, 2014, 11:54:39 pm »

Vote Count 1.6

Ichimaru (4): ADK, joth, Jimmmmm, silverspawn,
Witherweaver (2): faust, Hydrad
Eevee (3): Witherweaver, ashersky, XerxesPraelor
XerxesPraelor (2): Ichimaru Gin, Eevee

Not Voting (0):

With 11 alive it takes 6 to lynch. Day1 will last 10 days. The deadline for Day1 will be Friday, October 3 at 7 pm forum time.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 90  All

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 20 queries.