Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 90  All

Author Topic: Mafia 51: Silo (Wool) Mafia - Serial Killer (ashersky) wins!  (Read 170813 times)

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 51: Silo (Wool) Mafia - Day1 Start - PM for speccy
« Reply #525 on: September 30, 2014, 02:25:29 pm »

I agree Xerxes has been lurky and hasn't done anything noteworthy other than being really antsy to lynch IG, without actually presenting any case on him at all.

But I just don't believe that scum would be that obvious. I still like IG today, revisit XP tomorrow.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: September 30, 2014, 03:20:51 pm »

You also sheeped ash on me immediately, and not only do I know the case is wrong, I found the reasons flimsy as well.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: September 30, 2014, 03:21:50 pm »

Vote: Xerxes
His last few posts that seemed like sort of quietly slipping onto the wagon and got me to rereading him, and wow has he been lurking, to the magnitude of only having 15 posts in the entire game. All his votes have been on growing wagons.

I don't know, reread him for yourself, but he has done a masterful job of avoiding all scrutiny despite playing quite scummy.

Does scum post "And yeah, nobody really has suspected me yet, even though I've lurked a lot this game. Seems strange, but I'm fine with it."? Seems ballsy.
I think they do. Scum is very self-conscious. People used to find "pre-emptively calling yourself out for lurking" very scummy in the past, not sure why that's not a thing anymore.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: September 30, 2014, 03:26:58 pm »

Vote: Xerxes
His last few posts that seemed like sort of quietly slipping onto the wagon and got me to rereading him, and wow has he been lurking, to the magnitude of only having 15 posts in the entire game. All his votes have been on growing wagons.

I don't know, reread him for yourself, but he has done a masterful job of avoiding all scrutiny despite playing quite scummy.

Does scum post "And yeah, nobody really has suspected me yet, even though I've lurked a lot this game. Seems strange, but I'm fine with it."? Seems ballsy.
I think they do. Scum is very self-conscious. People used to find "pre-emptively calling yourself out for lurking" very scummy in the past, not sure why that's not a thing anymore.

It's absolutely not how I would play scum -- because why give everyone else ideas? But I can accept that other people might play it that way.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: September 30, 2014, 03:56:14 pm »

Yeah, I have in fact been lurking, but that's because I was busy thinking about the other game. Now that that's boring I can lynch scum here.

And no, that's wasn't sarcasm. Your L-1 does in fact look towny, but I'm kind of worried about losing scum at the last minute.

Looks likes there's someone more scummy now, though: Eevee.

I've learnt from experience that scum tries to mislynch me a lot. In fact, so much it feels like a valid scumtell. Of course, now I won't be able to use this in the future, but I'm trying to win this game. Also, I don't think opportunistic voting in the sense of trying to get a lynch and voting people less than maximally scummy is a scumtell, but eevee appears to try to start a lynch on me that IG supports because of being scared, which is opportunistic, so he's being hypocritical.

vote: Eevee
This is really just a glorified OMGUS, by the way. I don't think it's fair to characterize you as an easy mislynch when you have 0 votes this close to the deadline. If I wanted an easy mislynch, surely I too would be aboard the Ichi wagon (unless he was my partner, or course).

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: September 30, 2014, 04:05:24 pm »

Don't we still have 4 days to think about this? I know its coming up soon but I feel like people are a bit more rushed then they need to be.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: September 30, 2014, 04:29:00 pm »

Don't we still have 4 days to think about this? I know its coming up soon but I feel like people are a bit more rushed then they need to be.

LOL. Why does everyone think it's protown for lynches to happen at the last possible second? Deadline chaos = sloppiness scum can exploit. What's going to magically happen in 4 days anyway?

He/him

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: September 30, 2014, 04:31:47 pm »

LOL. Why does everyone think it's protown for lynches to happen at the last possible second? Deadline chaos = sloppiness scum can exploit. What's going to magically happen in 4 days anyway?

I don't think we have to wait till last second. But I feel like people are a bit to worried? I don't know. when i read these posts at first I thought the day was ending like tomorrow. I'm not saying we should wait till the last second but I do think we can wait a couple days still. I guess I'm hoping there could still be some info that will help us find scum today.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: September 30, 2014, 04:41:20 pm »

I so much agree with this post.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: September 30, 2014, 04:49:48 pm »

The WW wagon doesn't seem to be picking off... which is a shame, because it's a good case. Anyway, I'm hoping to do a reread tomorrow or so to figure where to place my vote.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: September 30, 2014, 04:52:10 pm »

The WW wagon doesn't seem to be picking off... which is a shame, because it's a good case. Anyway, I'm hoping to do a reread tomorrow or so to figure where to place my vote.
[/quote

Eevee is a good option.

I'm also thinking Hydrad seems to be white knighting.

I can still see Ichi going either way.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: September 30, 2014, 04:52:26 pm »

Sigh, moving out of quote:

Eevee is a good option.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: September 30, 2014, 04:58:27 pm »

Sigh, moving out of quote:

Eevee is a good option.

I'm unfamiliar with the white knighting term?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: September 30, 2014, 05:01:41 pm »

Means you're defending people.  It's easy to do as scum, because you know a player is town.  Then when they flip town you're all like "see I told you guys that was a terrible lynch!"  I have a tendency to do it.

Particularly, here you seem a little bit confident that Ichi is town.  Moreso than an uniformed you should be.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: September 30, 2014, 05:03:16 pm »

Also, as scum you don't want to be on an easy mislynch, because that's the first place people look (e.g., Ichi being "100% certain there is scum on your wagon").  So, you have to avoid the easy wagon, so you have reasons, so you end up defending town.

If you are scum, I believe Ichi would be town.   The other direction doesn't apply though.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #540 on: September 30, 2014, 05:09:27 pm »

Means you're defending people.  It's easy to do as scum, because you know a player is town.  Then when they flip town you're all like "see I told you guys that was a terrible lynch!"  I have a tendency to do it.

Particularly, here you seem a little bit confident that Ichi is town.  Moreso than an uniformed you should be.

Ah interesting. I guess its because this feels so similar to how ichi was in dice mafia so this is the first time I've played with someone in a similar situation to when I saw them before. To me it feels exactly to how ichi acted in day 1 there and unless hes really good at replicating his meta I think this is town ichi.

I guess this white knighting already got me in trouble in zelda mafia where part of the case was that I was too good at predicting who was town in the first few days. I find it much easier to see if people are town then if they are scum in this game. I've almost never felt 100% confident in a scum lynch but had pretty close to 100% confidence that its a towny people are lynching.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: September 30, 2014, 05:12:27 pm »

Ah interesting. I guess its because this feels so similar to how ichi was in dice mafia so this is the first time I've played with someone in a similar situation to when I saw them before. To me it feels exactly to how ichi acted in day 1 there and unless hes really good at replicating his meta I think this is town ichi.

I guess this white knighting already got me in trouble in zelda mafia where part of the case was that I was too good at predicting who was town in the first few days. I find it much easier to see if people are town then if they are scum in this game. I've almost never felt 100% confident in a scum lynch but had pretty close to 100% confidence that its a towny people are lynching.

Oh good then. We'll just run eveyrone up to L1 and then lynch whoever Hydrad isn't 100% confident is town.

He/him

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: September 30, 2014, 05:12:50 pm »

Oh good then. We'll just run eveyrone up to L1 and then lynch whoever Hydrad isn't 100% confident is town.

Sweet.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: September 30, 2014, 05:18:24 pm »

I'm not opposed to switching back. Others, thoughts on WW?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: September 30, 2014, 05:19:32 pm »

I'm not opposed to switching back. Others, thoughts on WW?

I'm opposed.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: September 30, 2014, 05:21:19 pm »

Also, as scum you don't want to be on an easy mislynch, because that's the first place people look (e.g., Ichi being "100% certain there is scum on your wagon").  So, you have to avoid the easy wagon, so you have reasons, so you end up defending town.

If you are scum, I believe Ichi would be town.   The other direction doesn't apply though.
Okay, I like this line of thinking, and it makes you seem townier to me.

Why do you think I'm scum? We've usually done excellent at identifying each other as town, so it feels weird to be at odds with you.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: September 30, 2014, 05:25:07 pm »

Okay, I like this line of thinking, and it makes you seem townier to me.

Why do you think I'm scum? We've usually done excellent at identifying each other as town, so it feels weird to be at odds with you.

Originally it was a post that seemed careful and hedgey.. then you got called out for it, and I didn't find anything about your response all that convincing. 

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: September 30, 2014, 05:28:10 pm »

I worded that wrong. I've quite a few times where I've been pretty sure if someones town or not. But its not every lynch that happens.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: September 30, 2014, 05:28:56 pm »

I guess I'm hedgy in that I don't have a strong opinion about IG, but I don't see anything else that matches your description (and I'm not scum, I'm not going to fabricate an opinion on IG, obviously).

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: September 30, 2014, 05:29:46 pm »

I guess I'm hedgy in that I don't have a strong opinion about IG, but I don't see anything else that matches your description (and I'm not scum, I'm not going to fabricate an opinion on IG, obviously).

Also I don't have any other great ideas :(
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 90  All

Page created in 0.108 seconds with 20 queries.