Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 90  All

Author Topic: Mafia 51: Silo (Wool) Mafia - Serial Killer (ashersky) wins!  (Read 170843 times)

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 51: Silo (Wool) Mafia - Day1 Start - PM for speccy
« Reply #475 on: September 29, 2014, 12:35:16 pm »

Hmm are you guys thinking joth is town because of his meta that I don't know? Or for other reasons. I find it interesting that no one else seems to think joth is scummy. Maybe I'm just missing something. Other then joth though I like fausts case on WW. I can see a couple town points in seeing if IG makes a town slip. But its so much better for scum if IG made a PR slip there. I think it was a more scummy move then town so I'm going to

Vote: WW
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: September 29, 2014, 12:38:11 pm »

Hmm are you guys thinking joth is town because of his meta that I don't know? Or for other reasons. I find it interesting that no one else seems to think joth is scummy. Maybe I'm just missing something. Other then joth though I like fausts case on WW. I can see a couple town points in seeing if IG makes a town slip. But its so much better for scum if IG made a PR slip there. I think it was a more scummy move then town so I'm going to

Vote: WW

Terrible logic, try again.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: September 29, 2014, 12:38:53 pm »

We ask town to claim when they're at L-1.  How was this not better?

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: September 29, 2014, 12:48:27 pm »

We ask town to claim when they're at L-1.  How was this not better?

Because at L-1 they might get lynched if they don't claim in those situations. IG wasn't really in danger of getting lynched yet really. he got to L-1 but if people knew he was that close no one was going to hammer. He didn't need to claim at all in that situation.

What ended up happening was trying to get IG to claim day 1. which doesn't really help town at all. If he said he was a PR then all scum does is kill him that night and we lost a PR right away.

I think claiming on day 1 is usually really bad as town will almost never get to use their power and scum just hits all of them. Thats why I think its scummy. If IG was actually in danger of getting lynched then maybe a claim is ok. but not when he is totally fine.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: September 29, 2014, 12:51:14 pm »

Without posting a full reads list, I can say that I find WW very towny. But I have never seen scum!WW, so I may just be fooled easily.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #480 on: September 29, 2014, 12:52:24 pm »

He was at L-1.  Had the whole "I thought I got lynched" thing not happened, he would be asked to claim at some point.  If he claims PR as town, scum knows he's telling the truth, so they kill him.  We don't know if he is or not.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: September 29, 2014, 12:55:20 pm »

Your explanation doesn't make sense Hydrad.  How could Ichi be okay?  Are you saying all those voting against him were just kidding?

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: September 29, 2014, 01:39:37 pm »

Your explanation doesn't make sense Hydrad.  How could Ichi be okay?  Are you saying all those voting against him were just kidding?

I'm saying he was at L-1. But if someone just said this is Ichi at L-1. I don't think anyone was willing to hammer or anything at that point. people would of either backed off since its so early in the day or just left him at L-1. I think there was little danger in him getting lynched that early unless there was a derphammer.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: September 29, 2014, 01:58:31 pm »

I'm saying he was at L-1. But if someone just said this is Ichi at L-1. I don't think anyone was willing to hammer or anything at that point. people would of either backed off since its so early in the day or just left him at L-1. I think there was little danger in him getting lynched that early unless there was a derphammer.

You don't think it would have come up later, even if the wagon died down then?

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: September 29, 2014, 02:04:56 pm »

Ya there could be a possibility that his wagon dies down and then comes back and he gets back to L-1. Then he could claim if needed and might save himself. But it might not of been needed at all so I don't like the idea of trying to get him to claim early when It wasn't needed.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: September 29, 2014, 02:07:24 pm »

Ya there could be a possibility that his wagon dies down and then comes back and he gets back to L-1. Then he could claim if needed and might save himself. But it might not of been needed at all so I don't like the idea of trying to get him to claim early when It wasn't needed.

As I said before, I was trying to get him talking for info.  Him saying his role was a risk I was willing to take.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: September 29, 2014, 03:47:33 pm »

As I said before, I was trying to get him talking for info.  Him saying his role was a risk I was willing to take.
I stand by my decision to not claim--you would have found out when I flipped anyway. Essentially, you lied in order to try and extract information from me, which I 100% view as anti-town behavior. Since it looks like you don't view that behavior as anti-town, I think it's a perfectly plausible scum move on your part.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: September 29, 2014, 04:00:07 pm »

I stand by my decision to not claim--you would have found out when I flipped anyway. Essentially, you lied in order to try and extract information from me, which I 100% view as anti-town behavior. Since it looks like you don't view that behavior as anti-town, I think it's a perfectly plausible scum move on your part.

You can view it as anti-town, but you're wrong.  A better argument would be that scum!me was acting in a pro-town way for town points.

Figuring out if you're town or scum is clearly in our best interest.

And I didn't lie.  I withheld information, something town players do all the time.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: September 29, 2014, 04:01:44 pm »

The information I was withholding was also public knowledge; just because you weren't aware of it doesn't make it any less public.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: September 29, 2014, 04:14:07 pm »

I feel like some players are flying under the radar here, not in terms of how much they're posting but in terms of scrutiny they've been under. I'm kind of one of them, but I'd also point out faust, jim, ash. I don't want to lynch ash day one on principle but I think that the focus here has been on a few players and that's not good for town.

So I guess, out of those players:

ash seems like his regular self, and he's VLA so I don't expect too high activity from him.
faust is difficult for me to read, but I think he's doing a very good job of blending in, so a few scum points for him.
jim's another VLA but seems like he might be lurking beyond that.
Hydrad wasn't on my original list but he also I think has avoided some scrutiny.

I still like my Ichi vote, for how he acted before, during and after his fake lynch, but I guess I'd toss those points out there for consideration.

Phew, I always get accused of "blending in"; maybe I should claim VT more often.

Probably because you're fairly calm and rational and don't do crazy things, really.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: September 29, 2014, 04:14:27 pm »

The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: September 29, 2014, 04:16:14 pm »

On the Ichi thing- I think it's misleading to say that WW was trying to get Ichi to claim a PR, he was trying to get Ichi to reveal information regarding his alignment since Ichi had thought he was lynched. Which I don't think was scummy at all, I showed up a little late to the party but I can see myself doing something similar.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: September 29, 2014, 04:16:32 pm »

But I have never seen scum!WW

:o

To be fair I havn't either. My first game I joined was right when WW stopped being scum.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: September 29, 2014, 04:21:00 pm »

ADK defending and not accusing me... he must be scum!

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: September 29, 2014, 05:27:22 pm »

So.. can anyone create a good narrative for Ichi's ''lynch'' behavior, either town or scum?  I read it and I think "town wouldn't really react that way," but then I think "scum wouldn't really react that way," which puts me basically at a loss.

Also, we need some, like, good cases.  Wasn't that Eevee dude scummy?

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: September 29, 2014, 05:28:59 pm »

So.. can anyone create a good narrative for Ichi's ''lynch'' behavior, either town or scum?  I read it and I think "town wouldn't really react that way," but then I think "scum wouldn't really react that way," which puts me basically at a loss.

I saw it as frustrated town IG angry that he got lynched instantly for no big reason and no real warning.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: September 29, 2014, 05:54:01 pm »

I saw it as frustrated town IG angry that he got lynched instantly for no big reason and no real warning.

"town" seems completely arbitrary in there.  Why not frustrated scum IG angry that he got lynched instantly for no big reason and no real warning?

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: September 29, 2014, 06:00:52 pm »

"town" seems completely arbitrary in there.  Why not frustrated scum IG angry that he got lynched instantly for no big reason and no real warning?

because I got a town vibe from IG before the "lynch" happened. Everyone else seems to think his defense was crazy but in dice mafia the same kinda thing happened where everyone was saying he was defending to much on day 1 and he ended up being town there to. This is the same vibe I get from that game and feel it is frustrated town IG.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: September 29, 2014, 06:02:23 pm »

Okay.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: September 29, 2014, 07:08:05 pm »

Can we just lynch IG or at least someone? Nobody's close enough to being lynched for anything to happen.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 90  All

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 20 queries.