Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 90  All

Author Topic: Mafia 51: Silo (Wool) Mafia - Serial Killer (ashersky) wins!  (Read 170755 times)

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 51: Silo (Wool) Mafia - Day1 Start - PM for speccy
« Reply #375 on: September 26, 2014, 05:54:36 pm »

Votes are serious business. You should remember making them.
Oh the irony.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: September 26, 2014, 05:56:16 pm »

I stand by that vote. There's no contradiction there at all. ANd SS, if you RVS (and I'm not at all conceding that Eevee's vote was RVS, but hypothetically if you do) someone and then a wagon builds on them and you don't move your vote, that's even scummier.
The wagon formed and took off in like three hours, all of which I was offline. I couldn't move my vote because I wasn't present.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: September 26, 2014, 05:56:34 pm »

Eevee, do you think number of contradicting statements and probability of being scum are closely related? If so, in which way? Does it happen more often as scum, as you have to fake reads, or does it happen less often as scum, as you are more careful?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: September 26, 2014, 05:57:20 pm »

So it's possible to believe that votes are very serious and then vote posting any reasoning and without really checking the thread at all, and nearly hammering someone by accident? And there's no contradiction there?

Sorry, but I don't really see it.

I voted for you because I thought you were scum and I was sure enough to be ok with lynching you. That's a serious vote. I had reasoning, I just didn't post it because it had all been said before.

Eevee is saying that he didn't remember his vote and that it was a "pressure vote" which is somehow "not a serious vote" yet he didn't move it and you almost got lynched.

You don't see a difference there? I might not have realized how close to lynch you were, and that was sloppy play, but my vote was serious, I stood by it then, and I stand by it now. Eevee, on the other hand, just tried to backpedal away from his vote.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: September 26, 2014, 05:57:33 pm »

Eevee, do you think number of contradicting statements and probability of being scum are closely related? If so, in which way? Does it happen more often as scum, as you have to fake reads, or does it happen less often as scum, as you are more careful?
For me or for the player pool?

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: September 26, 2014, 05:58:06 pm »

In general.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: September 26, 2014, 05:59:14 pm »

So it's possible to believe that votes are very serious and then vote posting any reasoning and without really checking the thread at all, and nearly hammering someone by accident? And there's no contradiction there?

Sorry, but I don't really see it.

I voted for you because I thought you were scum and I was sure enough to be ok with lynching you. That's a serious vote. I had reasoning, I just didn't post it because it had all been said before.

Eevee is saying that he didn't remember his vote and that it was a "pressure vote" which is somehow "not a serious vote" yet he didn't move it and you almost got lynched.

You don't see a difference there? I might not have realized how close to lynch you were, and that was sloppy play, but my vote was serious, I stood by it then, and I stand by it now. Eevee, on the other hand, just tried to backpedal away from his vote.
This is a fair post. I mostly agree with what you have to say; however, I don't understand at all how Eevee can be more implicated from my wagon than you.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: September 26, 2014, 05:59:34 pm »

In general.
I wouldn't say they are closely related, it's very situational, but I'd definitely say they occur less often as scum.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: September 26, 2014, 06:01:12 pm »

Joth, I only know you from the James Bond game, and I find that you play very similar.

I wouldn't say they are closely related, it's very situational, but I'd definitely say they occur less often as scum.

Does this mean joth gets town points?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: September 26, 2014, 06:01:24 pm »

The only blame I accept for Ichi-wagon are my leading questions that made him do all that stuff, bury himself.

Honestly, I voted to get more out of him, to help everyone make a read, and while I was gone for a couple of hours, you guys went crazy and almost accidentally lynched him. It's all good, stuff for us to analyze, but when I was casting my very first vote in the game, I couldn't have anticipated that happening.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: September 26, 2014, 06:01:41 pm »

Also, does one of you know more about joth's metagame?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: September 26, 2014, 06:01:56 pm »

Joth, I only know you from the James Bond game, and I find that you play very similar.

What are you getting at?

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: September 26, 2014, 06:02:54 pm »

The only blame I accept for Ichi-wagon are my leading questions that made him do all that stuff, bury himself.

Honestly, I voted to get more out of him, to help everyone make a read, and while I was gone for a couple of hours, you guys went crazy and almost accidentally lynched him. It's all good, stuff for us to analyze, but when I was casting my very first vote in the game, I couldn't have anticipated that happening.

You defend yourself a little bit too much for my tastes.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: September 26, 2014, 06:03:40 pm »

What are you getting at?

Joth put someone at L-1 without announcing it. Now he is saying that votes are serious business, that's contradicting.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: September 26, 2014, 06:05:18 pm »

Ok, you are getting more believable actually. I need to actually look back at your Ichi vote.

For the record, I was voting Eevee based on a scummy post, not for his part in the Ichi wagon, which wouldn't make sense because I still think Ichi has a very good chance of being scum.

PPE:

What are you getting at?

Joth put someone at L-1 without announcing it. Now he is saying that votes are serious business, that's contradicting.

Here let me just explain 10 MORE TIMES why it's not so you can continue not reading my posts.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: September 26, 2014, 06:06:32 pm »

Also, does one of you know more about joth's metagame?
I've played these games with him for two and a half years, I think I have as good an idea as anyone.

Which basically is, he is so experienced you can't catch him by anything super simple and reliable. There is nothing concrete he does as town but doesn't as scum, or vice versa. He is himself the #1 expert on analyzing joth, and surely tries to mimic whatever patterns he has identified in his town play, or hide any tendencies he has as scum.

I will say that generally I feel he is mislynched more than your average player of his caliber, and doesn't have the reputation of striving as scum. Despite being analytical, he sometimes plays aggressive based on his gut or emotions.

Additionally, he just lost as scum, so maybe you'd expect him to be a bit reserved and cautious this time if he drew scum again.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: September 26, 2014, 06:07:30 pm »

What are you getting at?

That seems to be a double standard rather than a contradiction.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: September 26, 2014, 06:07:48 pm »

I don't find anything particularly scummy about Joth here. He saw a wagon he liked, he voted, good for him. Hell, if he had cast a hammer vote like that I wouldn't have found it scummy. Scum plays way more careful than that.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: September 26, 2014, 06:08:24 pm »

Here let me just explain 10 MORE TIMES why it's not so you can continue not reading my posts.

You seem to be stressed out. That reminds me a lot of your final moments in the James Bond Mafia.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: September 26, 2014, 06:09:33 pm »

You seem to be stressed out. That reminds me a lot of your final moments in the James Bond Mafia.
When making comparisons to James Bond mafia, you should keep in mind that it's the same guy, whatever his role. They are bound to appear somewhat similar.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: September 26, 2014, 06:10:08 pm »

I don't think people can blame eevee for the wagon as much as you seem to be. You can still find him scummy but I don't think you can find him scummy for that vote.

PPE:3
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: September 26, 2014, 06:10:26 pm »

When making comparisons to James Bond mafia, you should keep in mind that it's the same guy, whatever his role. They are bound to appear somewhat similar.

Not helping.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: September 26, 2014, 06:10:50 pm »

I don't think people can blame eevee for the wagon as much as you seem to be. You can still find him scummy but I don't think you can find him scummy for that vote.

This is a little off to me. What do you think we should find eevee scummy for?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: September 26, 2014, 06:11:01 pm »

Yeah, I think you're right. Like I said, less about the vote, more about the fact that he claimed to forget about the vote.

He/him

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: September 26, 2014, 06:11:53 pm »

Sigh. unvote

This isn't going to go anywhere useful.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 90  All

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 20 queries.