Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 90  All

Author Topic: Mafia 51: Silo (Wool) Mafia - Serial Killer (ashersky) wins!  (Read 170845 times)

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 51: Silo (Wool) Mafia - Day1 Start - PM for speccy
« Reply #325 on: September 25, 2014, 07:26:44 pm »

There is not really any way to find out which row/column we are playing without some claims.

A VT doesn't help.

Of course, the PR's that we have can narrow down the possible options.
Are you proposing a massclaim?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: September 25, 2014, 07:27:00 pm »

Also, if you did slip your PR, I think it would actually be better than had you been asked to claim at L-1.  As long as we believed that you believed you were lynched, we'd accept your claim as true.  Your claim at L-1 is pretty much up in the air, but scum knows if it's true. 

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: September 25, 2014, 07:28:21 pm »

Also, if you did slip your PR, I think it would actually be better than had you been asked to claim at L-1.  As long as we believed that you believed you were lynched, we'd accept your claim as true.  Your claim at L-1 is pretty much up in the air, but scum knows if it's true.

This actually happened in a game.  I can't remember if that game is over yet or not.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: September 25, 2014, 07:34:43 pm »

This actually happened in a game.  I can't remember if that game is over yet or not.

Yeah, it was Sudgy in the game where me, Robz, and Azadin were scum.  He was basically an IC. 

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: September 25, 2014, 07:35:20 pm »

Homeland maybe.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: September 25, 2014, 07:36:43 pm »

Are you proposing a massclaim?
No

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: September 25, 2014, 07:45:40 pm »

And the reason I had to press Ichi was because after the "hammer", he talked about him flipping but didn't actually say that he was town or that he was mislynched.  I wasn't convinced it was coming from a town player that just got mislynched.  So I wanted to get him talking more.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: September 25, 2014, 07:49:08 pm »

Just checking in. Not a ton to say at the moment. I would like to discuss silver's claim more though.

What are your thoughts on it?

Regarding claiming, I certainly don't see any benefit from it right now.
How do you mean?
You don't see any benefit from what, silver's claim?

Sorry, those were two different thoughts, the second was regarding ash's original plan. The first was asking you what you thought about silver's claim, since you brought it up but didn't actually say anything about it.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: September 25, 2014, 07:51:39 pm »

Just checking in. Not a ton to say at the moment. I would like to discuss silver's claim more though.

What are your thoughts on it?

Regarding claiming, I certainly don't see any benefit from it right now.
How do you mean?
You don't see any benefit from what, silver's claim?

I think he thinks my plan is "claiming."  Interesting thought process.

Well it's hard to imagine a plan involving the setup that doesn't involve people claiming information regarding their roles in some fashion. Am I wrong?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: September 25, 2014, 07:53:46 pm »

And the reason I had to press Ichi was because after the "hammer", he talked about him flipping but didn't actually say that he was town or that he was mislynched.  I wasn't convinced it was coming from a town player that just got mislynched.  So I wanted to get him talking more.
I am still amazed that people think that me claiming in that situation would make me townie. It wouldn't. The only time I flipped as scum, I tried to convince town that they had lost the game and mislynched me.

At that point in this game, I was almost positive I had been derphammered and mislynched, and just wanted to rail because I couldn't believe how stupid it was. There was also a small part of me that was unsure if I had miscounted votes, so did not want to give you information prematurely on the off chance I hadn't actually been hammered. In particular, your almost instant readiness to have me claim made me more suspect that I had made a mistake and wasn't actually hammered.

PPE: 2

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: September 25, 2014, 07:55:50 pm »

I am still amazed that people think that me claiming in that situation would make me townie. It wouldn't. The only time I flipped as scum, I tried to convince town that they had lost the game and mislynched me.

At that point in this game, I was almost positive I had been derphammered and mislynched, and just wanted to rail because I couldn't believe how stupid it was. There was also a small part of me that was unsure if I had miscounted votes, so did not want to give you information prematurely on the off chance I hadn't actually been hammered. In particular, your almost instant readiness to have me claim made me more suspect that I had made a mistake and wasn't actually hammered.

It would depend on what you said and how you worded it.  Sometimes you can tell if someone is sincere or not.  As it stood, there was nothing to indicate in any way that you were town.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: September 25, 2014, 08:47:58 pm »

What someone says after the game is already over is also different than what someone says when they've been lynched but they still have teammates to think about.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: September 25, 2014, 08:55:04 pm »

What someone says after the game is already over is also different than what someone says when they've been lynched but they still have teammates to think about.
My scumpartner Yuma was still alive at that point. (This was Dynasty Warriors II)

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: September 25, 2014, 09:04:55 pm »

Well then I guess that is a data point to consider.

But to my other question: do you have something to offer on Silverspawn's claim?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: September 25, 2014, 09:18:59 pm »

Well then I guess that is a data point to consider.

But to my other question: do you have something to offer on Silverspawn's claim?
Unlike others, I do not find your theory regarding him being an SK to be that unfounded.

If he really is a VT, I see absolutely no reason for him to claim in this setup. There are VT's in virtually every Mafia game, and they don't normally claim like that ever. I think he is lying--for some purpose that he doesn't want to reveal. But it's difficult to ascertain what his reasoning is given the information that we have at this point. He doesn't want to tell us why he did it, and I don't see how that as protown behavior.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: September 25, 2014, 09:21:33 pm »

I guess the way I saw it when I first read it was that, while it's probably antitown, I couldn't see what his actual plan as scum would be. It just looked like a weird newbie town play. But then I thought of the SK thing and went, well there's at least one scum narrative there.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: September 25, 2014, 09:29:39 pm »

Silver, did you at the town think that claiming advances town's wincon? In retrospect, do you think it increased town's chance of winning compared to not claiming?

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: September 25, 2014, 10:07:40 pm »

Silver, did you at the town think that claiming advances town's wincon? In retrospect, do you think it increased town's chance of winning compared to not claiming?
yes

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: September 25, 2014, 10:12:35 pm »

I'm not going to explain my reasoning, but I'll say a few things.

I am really just a VT. That's it. I'm not trying to hide any PR or try to imitate crazy town play, when I'm an SK or scum. I'm just a VT.

Already, the claim has caused suspicion of IG, a lot of conversation and a situation where IG thought he was hammered. The only possible disadvantage it could have is, scum doesn't lynch me. Big deal. They were most likely not going to lynch me anyway. And it's still entirely possible that they think I'd try to hide a PR, and kill me regardless, or even because of the claim. It's pretty ridiculous, at this point, to claim that it was anti town.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: September 25, 2014, 10:13:17 pm »

lynch *NK

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: September 26, 2014, 04:52:46 am »

Actually unvote. silverspawn is entertaining. I want to see where this goes.

Who else is scummy? Hydrad, I guess. Vote: Hydrad

PPE 5

What? Why?

I don't want to distract too much from examining WW, because I think that's worth doing here, but faust, you never answered this.

Oh, at that time all Hydrad had done was do some jokes and claim he didn't understand the setup (didn't know what jk means). I always find that scummy.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: September 26, 2014, 04:54:59 am »

What could Ichi have said to convince you of his townieness?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: September 26, 2014, 08:54:55 am »

Why is Ichi suddenly down to 2 votes? Do people actually think he's town?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: September 26, 2014, 09:24:14 am »

What could Ichi have said to convince you of his townieness?

Claiming a-la Sudgyness would have, most likely.  Something where he actually said what his alignment was or that he was actually mislynched would have helped as well.  We'd have to look at those things and figure out if they're constructed, but sometimes you can tell when they are not.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: September 26, 2014, 11:53:36 am »

Hmmm is XP the only one that hasn't been here yet? I'd like to get his opinion on what happened here. (is this something I can request a prod on?)
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 90  All

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 20 queries.