Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Character help  (Read 682 times)

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +2221
    • View Profile
Character help
« on: September 09, 2014, 04:01:19 pm »

I'm working on different voices for five characters I'm playing in an upcoming production of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. It's a minimalist show with six actors playing about 16 roles. I'd like to keep my five characters distinct from each other. I figure I might find some inspiration. The roles I have are:

An arrogant surgeon - I initially thought of Brian Blessed, but I think I'll model off of Michael Gambon from the Cook, the Thief, his Wife, and her Lover.

A gentleman - I'm kind of going off of your typical Victorian gentleman. Pretty much anything you'd expect to find in a Jane Austen story, but I welcome any specific examples.

The inspector - Avoiding Young Frankenstein's take, but I may go with Captain Darling from Blackadder Goes Forth. Mostly without the comedy, but he does have a few dryly humorous lines.

A personal enquiries agent (private dick) - Not sure who to model off of. I see him as mostly proper, but he's not afraid to get his hands dirty, so he's rougher around the edges. Still up in the air.

Hyde persona #2 - This story has four Hyde personalities. Mine is more fun-loving. I don't use this voice a lot, but when it happens, he's confident and in control. Also up in the air.

Any thoughts?
A man has no signature
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 20 queries.