Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: working on a new stats database - what questions do you want answered  (Read 9391 times)

Polk5440

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1788
    • View Profile
Re: working on a new stats database - what questions do you want answered
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2014, 12:35:51 pm »

So, what is the benefit from doing this from scratch? It's easier? Did you try to talk to the Council Room guys to see where they are at, or whether you could actually get Council Room up and running without having to start over?

Isotopic and Goko logs are completely different, so there isn't really any option other than to start from scratch as far as a parser goes. I am also enabling different stats by tracking each hand card by card.

I agree if you had to start with where Council Room was for Iso, it's not worth inquiring, but I thought there was significant progress made towards getting Council Room to work with Goko, already. In fact, I thought they were almost done and the project just dropped because of a lack of manpower. Is this not right?

Contact info here: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=9198.msg283469#msg283469

or see comment here: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=8163.msg371865#msg371865

Anyone know for sure who is working on Council Room??? Or maybe I am delusional???

ThaddeusB

• Young Witch
  • Respect: +140
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2014, 12:43:52 pm »
+6

So, what is the benefit from doing this from scratch? It's easier? Did you try to talk to the Council Room guys to see where they are at, or whether you could actually get Council Room up and running without having to start over?
II
Isotopic and Goko logs are completely different, so there isn't really any option other than to start from scratch as far as a parser goes. I am also enabling different stats by tracking each hand card by card.

I agree if you had to start with where Council Room was for Iso, it's not worth inquiring, but I thought there was significant progress made towards getting Council Room to work with Goko, already. In fact, I thought they were almost done and the project just dropped because of a lack of manpower. Is this not right?

Contact info here: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=9198.msg283469#msg283469

or see comment here: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=8163.msg371865#msg371865

Anyone know for sure who is working on Council Room??? Or maybe I am delusional???

To  answer the original question, I didn't attempt to use council room code because I didn't know a rewrite was attempted. Now that I know about it, it's too late to do me any good since I'm mostly done worth my parser. I did however look into it some and is not really clear to me if anyone actually started on a rewrite anyway - there was a lot of talk about it, but I didn't see any links to a new github or anything like that in the group chat. Regardless it is pretty clear no one has done any work on it in more than a year.

I'm now over 170  action cards complete, about 30 to go; still on track for an early October completion.

ThaddeusB

• Young Witch
  • Respect: +140
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2014, 08:09:36 pm »
+6

I was unable to work on this the last two weeks or so (damn paid work interfering), but work has resumed.  About a dozen cards remain to be implemented.

flies

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: flies
  • Statistical mechanics of hard rods on a 1D lattice
  • Respect: +348
    • View Profile
    • ask the atheists
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2014, 02:30:46 pm »
+1

i just wanted to thank you for making the effort!
Gotta be efficient when most of your hand coordination is spent trying to apply mascara to your beard.
flies Dominionates on youtube
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 20 queries.