Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Tactician Bug ??  (Read 4771 times)

ilpars

• Pearl Diver
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
Tactician Bug ??
« on: December 13, 2011, 05:04:24 am »

In my latest game, Tactician did not give me +5 cards and +1 buy (in fact I could draw the same tactician again next turn) next turn when I had no cards to discard in my hand to discard.
I think this is a bug. But not sure.

Have a nice day.

DStu

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1490
    • View Profile
Re: Tactician Bug ??
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2011, 05:07:46 am »
+1

Tactician did not give me +5 cards and +1 buy (in fact I could draw the same tactician again next turn) next turn when I had no cards to discard in my hand to discard.

It's a feature.

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
  • Respect: +4085
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2011, 05:22:57 am »

Tactician did not give me +5 cards and +1 buy (in fact I could draw the same tactician again next turn) next turn when I had no cards to discard in my hand to discard.

It's a feature.

Yes, it's a feature not a bug. The card text says "If you discarded any cards this way, then ..."

Dominionaer

• Golem
  • Respect: +66
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2011, 08:12:24 am »
+1

It's a feature.

Yes, it's a feature not a bug. The card text says "If you discarded any cards this way, then ..."

You have 2 effects here: The obvious one since you could not discard at least 1 card, you don't get the duration-effect. The not so obvious effect is sentenced in the rules: Duration cards stay in play until end of that turn, in which they have effect. And since the tactician has no effect in next turn, it gets discarded in this turn during clean-up.

philosophyguy

• Minion
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2011, 02:31:15 pm »
+2

Does the "until the end of the turn in which they have effect" clause mean that, if I play Haven but have no cards to draw and my hand is empty, I should clean up Haven at the end of that turn?

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
  • Respect: +1345
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2011, 02:48:55 pm »

Does the "until the end of the turn in which they have effect" clause mean that, if I play Haven but have no cards to draw and my hand is empty, I should clean up Haven at the end of that turn?

Well, I just tested, and Isotropic does *not* do that - the haven still gets set aside with zero cards. Maybe *that* is a bug, though it's a pretty rare and insignificant one.

Dominionaer

• Golem
  • Respect: +66
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2011, 03:57:38 pm »

Well, I just tested, and Isotropic does *not* do that - the haven still gets set aside with zero cards. Maybe *that* is a bug, though it's a pretty rare and insignificant one.
Astonishing. I would have guessed like philosophyguy.

Donald?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 04:02:46 pm by Dominionaer »

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2011, 04:26:30 pm »

Astonishing. I would have guessed like philosophyguy.

Donald?

I'm pretty sure that Iso is wrong; the Haven should be cleaned up immediately, just like Tactician if you have no cards in hard to discard. As it was mentioned in another thread, Haven shouldn't need to be a Duration card at all. Horse Traders does the same basic thing without being a Duration card.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

Donald X.

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +25699
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2011, 04:32:38 pm »
+1

Yes.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 20 queries.