Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 120  All

Author Topic: M50: A Song Of Ice And Fire Mafia - Town Wins!  (Read 332307 times)

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
Re: M50: A Song Of Ice And Fire Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #1200 on: September 18, 2014, 04:51:35 pm »

I don't think "erratic" was the word used, but "opportunistic". In the original case by Hydrad, that you actually liked, he said that he was basically absent for a long while, then voted for him right as the two first votes dropped, and then disappeared again.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: September 18, 2014, 04:53:02 pm »

The only reason making me wary of his wagon is that at a certain point in the game, he was in nearly everyone's "would like to lynch/would rather lynch than have no-lynch" lists. Which I don't think has happened with anyone else.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: September 18, 2014, 04:57:39 pm »

No longer willing to lynch pacof.

Seriously, we need movement. If PPS isn't happening, then vote: silver? Or did no-one want to do that?

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: September 18, 2014, 05:02:04 pm »

Seriously, we need movement. If PPS isn't happening, then vote: silver? Or did no-one want to do that?

I'd rather not.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: September 18, 2014, 05:03:05 pm »

I don't have a strong read one way or another. Has anyone seen scum!silverspawn?

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: September 18, 2014, 05:04:42 pm »

scum silverspawn hasn't shown his face yet I believe
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: September 18, 2014, 05:09:06 pm »

In my very first game, I flipped survivor. that's not scum, but it's not town. so, there you go.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: September 18, 2014, 05:10:12 pm »

In my very first game, I flipped survivor. that's not scum, but it's not town. so, there you go.

also that was a BM game though. So i don't know if people fully count those or not?
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: September 18, 2014, 05:11:20 pm »

I'm going to sheep Volt here as I also found pacovf's recent posts much more townie.

You really want to lynch silver though? That makes about as much sense as lynching me.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: September 18, 2014, 05:12:41 pm »

How about vote: Egork
I don't think he's posted almost anything more, and I may like his lynch best of all right now.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: September 18, 2014, 05:14:28 pm »

I don't think he's posted almost anything more, and I may like his lynch best of all right now.

Sure. I should note that given how high and mighty you're acting with people who proposed to lynch you for very similar reasons, this is highly hypocritical (yes Egork has lurked a lot more than you and you've had a V/LA, but still).

vote : Egork
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: September 18, 2014, 05:14:38 pm »

I'm ok with a egork lynch just for the fact that hes lurking pretty hard and I don't like letting lurkers live till the end of the game. But I still like my XP vote more. But if we get to the end of the day I would lynch egork over a nolynch

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: September 18, 2014, 05:15:39 pm »

pacovf : people who have done a lot of theory talk include you, me, Voltaire, WW, silver, and to a lesser extent azadin.

I see. Not very useful for me, all of them are townreads, except silver. I can understand your reasoning, even if of course I don't appreciate your conclusion. Theory talk in this setup is definitely good for town, the fact that scum can hide in there only brings you that far.

I guess I could consider who tried to avoid the possibility of an hypotetical empowered-Lannister cop. But that points towards you, Voltaire, and WW. It seems a tad weak, considering everything else you people have done makes me think town.

Meh.

The bolded line is a huge scumtell.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: September 18, 2014, 05:16:48 pm »

Also he listed himself the second-worst possible lynch after me.  Scum is much more likely to assign me uber IC status than town is, because they know I actually am town.  Teproc deserved some suspicion for this, but he's been fairly town throughout, and then way our discussion went down makes me not think it was a grasp-for-town-cred scum move by Teproc.

Second reason is just general feeling and lack of a strong scum read on anyone else.

Third reason is, I actually do trust Ash's instincts.

Fourth reason is, lots and lots of interactions.  (My least-favorite reason for lynches, but it is something.)

That IC thing was my immediate thought when he posted it.  Only scum lists another unconfirmed player above them seriously on a lynch list.  Only scum knows if he's town or not.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: September 18, 2014, 05:18:37 pm »

I'm going to sheep Volt here as I also found pacovf's recent posts much more townie.

Not sure which posts of mine you people have been reading, but huh, yay me?

What do we do tomorrow if he flips town? We'll have basically no new information, because people will be shunning all responsibility faster than dropping a dead baby (is that the expression?). "He was lurking hard" is like the perfect excuse.

Are you really that sure that he is scum that you are willing to risk a D2 with basically no new information? Barring PRs, of course.

Not even sure if I prefer EgorK to no-lynch. Tomorrow, maybe, if he keeps lurking. But not today.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1215 on: September 18, 2014, 05:19:31 pm »

Hello Ash!

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: September 18, 2014, 05:20:45 pm »

I agree about the lack of info in an Egork lynch (that's why I liked the idea of lynching you), but who else are you suggesting again pacovf ?
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: September 18, 2014, 05:21:00 pm »

Greetings.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: September 18, 2014, 05:22:45 pm »

Are you really that sure that he is scum that you are willing to risk a D2 with basically no new information? Barring PRs, of course.

mh, I hadn't even considered that. on the other hand, lynching lurkers is better in games without any big reads. but you're right, we risk a lot when lynching egork.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: September 18, 2014, 05:23:18 pm »

I agree about the lack of info in an Egork lynch (that's why I liked the idea of lynching you), but who else are you suggesting again pacovf ?

XP, Hydrad, would be my favoured lynches.

I could see silverspawn. PPS, I don't see your case, too meta-based, and blindly sheeping you seems like a bad idea. The fact that the wagon hasn't budged is telling, though. Could you restate the case?

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: September 18, 2014, 05:24:21 pm »

ash, what do you think about an Egork, and, more importantly, about an XP lynch?

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: September 18, 2014, 05:25:22 pm »

I could see silverspawn. PPS, I don't see your case, too meta-based, and blindly sheeping you seems like a bad idea. The fact that the wagon hasn't budged is telling, though. Could you restate the case?

PPS has a meta of being crazy as town (he once claimed VT early D1 and got lynched for it). He wasn't adhering to it, but was defending ash for it. Then I voted for him (and Voltaire too I think), and he self-voted. This seemed to me like an over the top attempt to imitate his town meta.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: September 18, 2014, 05:27:40 pm »

19 hours to the deadline

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: September 18, 2014, 05:30:54 pm »

PPS has a meta of being crazy as town (he once claimed VT early D1 and got lynched for it). He wasn't adhering to it, but was defending ash for it. Then I voted for him (and Voltaire too I think), and he self-voted. This seemed to me like an over the top attempt to imitate his town meta.

It's alright, I can kinda see it. But I haven't read any game with PPS, so if I voted for him I would be doing the same thing you are accusing WW and silverspawn of doing (in their case, being inclined to lynch me because Ash says so).

The other thing that bothers me is that he is kinda V/LA, right? If we reach intent to hammer, he might not have a chance to claim.

I guess I could lynch him over a no-lynch, but rather because I have townreads on most other people, and no-lynch is bad.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: September 18, 2014, 05:32:25 pm »

Sure. I should note that given how high and mighty you're acting with people who proposed to lynch you for very similar reasons, this is highly hypocritical (yes Egork has lurked a lot more than you and you've had a V/LA, but still).

vote : Egork
K. Go ahead and note it. I'm "high and mighty" ? Ok.
Nope, the proposed reasons for my lynch are quite a bit different than Egork's. One is almost completely based off of lurking--we're talking 11 posts here. And the case against me is supposed POE "he hasn't shown himself to be that townie". For the record, I have 42 posts.

I don't entirely know why you felt the need to say that I am being a hypocrite. Not to mention the fact that I am more than around to respond to accusation against me, while EgorK is obviously not.

In EgorK's case (at least for me), him simply posting a fair amount more would mostly clear him in my eyes.

As to your read on me though, I really have no way of proving to you that I am townie. It seems that you have chosen to consider me guilty until proven innocent I guess.

And concerning POE, I know that I do not understand all of the though processes or theory behind it. But the reasoning behind whether someone is eliminated from a given player's lynch pool doesn't seem all that logical to me in most instances.

PPE:
Why did you vote for Egork again?
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 120  All

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 20 queries.