Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 120  All

Author Topic: M50: A Song Of Ice And Fire Mafia - Town Wins!  (Read 332225 times)

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
Re: M50: A Song Of Ice And Fire Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #1025 on: September 16, 2014, 07:33:52 pm »

Probably I just unconciously changed my posting style because the situation was different.

I did not change from phone posting to computer posting or the other way around, I've been always computer posting.

I agree with your last point though. I would like to lynch Hydrad today (voting for him). Otherwise, the people I would lynch to avoid no-lynch are, in no specific order, Ichimaru Gin, silverspawn, pingpongsam.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: September 16, 2014, 07:35:18 pm »

Probably I just unconciously changed my posting style because the situation was different.

I did not change from phone posting to computer posting or the other way around, I've been always computer posting.

I agree with your last point though. I would like to lynch Hydrad today (voting for him). Otherwise, the people I would lynch to avoid no-lynch are, in no specific order, Ichimaru Gin, silverspawn, pingpongsam.
Why do you want to lynch me now? Getting nervous?

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: September 16, 2014, 07:35:59 pm »

I don't want to lynch you, you're null. But if the other choice is no-lynch...
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: September 16, 2014, 07:38:04 pm »

Totally not related to my read on you, but we basically have opposite lynch pools.  I mean, I said I'd vote opposite of you no matter what, but even had I not said it, we're just at different places.

My popsquiz:

MUST lynch: pacovf
WOULD lynch for a lynch: XP, EgorK, azadin
MEH: hydrad, Robz, Voltaire
WON'T lynch: silverspawn, witherweaver, Teproc, Ichimaru Gin, pps
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: September 16, 2014, 07:40:24 pm »

Interesting, it seems we only agree on Teproc, WW and Robz.

The one that surprises me the most is Azadin, he looks like obtown to me.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: September 16, 2014, 07:42:44 pm »

Well, you did say that the only reason your townread on Voltaire is getting eroded is because you are afraid he might be duping us, so I guess we also agree on him.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: September 16, 2014, 08:14:58 pm »

My popsquiz:

MUST lynch: pacovf
WOULD lynch for a lynch: XP, EgorK, azadin
MEH: hydrad, Robz, Voltaire
WON'T lynch: silverspawn, witherweaver, Teproc, Ichimaru Gin, pps

I'm (pleasantly?) surprised at how close our lists are, barring the famous exceptions.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: September 16, 2014, 08:23:27 pm »

It's not that he's scummy.  It's just that...he's...nondescript?
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: September 16, 2014, 11:55:24 pm »

Oh my. Thanks for just one page overnight (for me) I finished reading thread. I'll try to get my reads in. In the meantime mod said that house actions are non compulsive in our QT

azadin

• Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: September 17, 2014, 12:37:19 am »

It's not that he's scummy.  It's just that...he's...nondescript?

I'm nondescript? I've never been described that way before...

azadin

• Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: September 17, 2014, 12:51:31 am »

Would lynch: Hydrad, XP, EgorK, Robz
Meh: pacovf, ash, voltaire, silverspawn
Won't lynch: IG, PPS, WW, Teproc

I know the case against Hydrad seems weak to some people, but I really do feel like he was acting like nervous/excited scum for many of his posts. I might do a silverspawn-style re-read of his posts tomorrow and post it. I wouldn't blame other people for not trusting my reads yet, though. I'm still learning people's metagame.

I'm not crazy about an XP lynch. I need to reread him tomorrow as well to see if he moves down my list.

EgorK and Robz I would lynch if the alternative is a no lynch, because any lynch is better than no lynch, and these two have been extremely non active. It looks like EgorK is starting to participate a bit more so he may move down my list by tomorrow.

My "meh" reads are people that have either struck me as both scummy and towny at various points in our (40 page  :() day 1 discussion, so they are either null or I'm just too confused about them right now to have an opinion.

My won't lynch list are people that I have strong town reads on and don't think should be lynched yet. IG was on the fence of meh/no lynch, but (especially lately) has been acting somewhat towny. PPS just seemed sincerely apathetic about this game (which some people may see as a reason to lynch him, but I disagree, at least D1), and considering his vacation/family circumstances, I really understand that. WW for obvious reasons, and Teproc has struck me as doing the most thorough/logical scumhunting of anyone so far, and is probably my strongest actual town read.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: September 17, 2014, 01:21:14 am »

So. . .who's going down today?
We got what, 2 days left now? I'm feeling a little townier on XP, in that I'm pretty sure I was reading him incorrectly before. Still seems like a lot of people want to lynch Hydrad--I'll have to reread him for myself and see if there's anything I missed.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: September 17, 2014, 01:38:20 am »

I'm interested in PPS slightly. There are a decent amount of people that think hes super scummy and then i just noticed asher and azadin both put him on super towny.

Also I don't want part of my meta to be is one of peoples top scum reads every day1 in mafia...
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: September 17, 2014, 04:07:02 am »

Vote Count 1.6

pacovf (2): ashersky, Robz888
EgorK (3): silverspawn, XerxesPraelor, pingpongsam
Hydrad (2): pacovf, azadin
pingpongsam (2): Teproc, Witherweaver
XerxesPraelor (1): Hydrad

Not Voting (3): EgorK, Ichimaru Gin, Voltaire

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. Day 1 ends on September 19 at noon.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: September 17, 2014, 04:54:52 am »

Also I don't want part of my meta to be is one of peoples top scum reads every day1 in mafia...

This is the second time he does something like this. Here's the first.

Well this wouldn't be a normal game of mafia if I wasn't suspected day 1 I guess

The first time (his first response to people voting for him) struck me as trying to minimize those votes before the wagon got traction. This second time, it's starting to sound like "I might end up default-lynched" desperate.

Seriously guys, vote.

Surprised by the people giving townread to PPS. He puts some mild suspicion on Voltaire, defends Ash hard, then activates self-destruct sequence at perceived hostility against him (vote from Teproc and random-WW, suspicion from Voltaire). Teproc's case was based on PPS not fitting his self-professed meta of confrontation and craziness, then right afterwards self-voting. Voltaire's is based on PoE and lurking (right?).
I'm not convinced, because he was packing and is now vacationing, so his posting would logically be different than in usual circumstances; plus, I don't really know his meta anyway. But by the same reasoning, you shouldn't be giving him town points because he seems genuinely annoyed or anything.
This is mostly directed at Azadin, Ash is probably following some other kind of reasoning.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: September 17, 2014, 08:01:31 am »

mod: my vote should be on XP

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: September 17, 2014, 08:18:24 am »

Vote Count 1.6a

pacovf (2): ashersky, Robz888
EgorK (2): XerxesPraelor, pingpongsam
Hydrad (2): pacovf, azadin
pingpongsam (2): Teproc, Witherweaver
XerxesPraelor (2): Hydrad, silverspawn

Not Voting (3): EgorK, Ichimaru Gin, Voltaire

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. Day 1 ends on September 19 at noon.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: September 17, 2014, 08:22:11 am »

this is far from a complete case, but I'd like to point out two things about hydrad

one: he dropped his "jumpy" nature before he got under any pressure. using ! instead of . and these kinds of things

Oh thats quite a empowerment condition.

IG you should join my house! It helps our empowerment condition I think.

Also In my QT I had a mod post stating who all was in the house if thats what you guys are talking about? I'm slightly confused

i believe this was his last post in that way

and second: look at his two pre-game posts
/in!

/out  :(

:(

this looks to me like he was already excited pre game. so, isn't it reasonable to assume that it was just because it's a cool game and all that, and not because he was scum?

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: September 17, 2014, 08:31:19 am »

that doesn't mean I'm super contra hydrad lynch, though I do feel towny about him; i'll do a full reread now. without the compilation though.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: September 17, 2014, 08:46:29 am »

a little bit in, azadin posts this:

Also, if one of Ash's main points against pacovf were his seemingly excited post nature (new scum apparently get giddy and post differently), I'd like to point out that I got this exact impression by Hydrad. He seemed to be posting lots of small bursts of things, none of which were directly helpful (except his revealing of his house's power). Granted, I've never played a game with him before, and haven't had a chance to go back and read previous games he's been in. Just noting suspicion. Everyone seems so hyperfocused on this one case (ash/pacovf), it's like the rest of everyone else's posts are invisible.

I do think it's sincere, but I don't really get behind the argument. The part that I highlighted is true though, Hydrad hasn't done much pre this point.

Later, P makes a case against hydrad:

Scummy on Hydrad:

Wait you think we should just ditch our house? Having a vig town controlled would be a way to fight back. I'm surprised that your instant reaction is to just ditch it.

Hmm I guess there is the risk that if a scum takes it over it could get bad 

Also just for curiosities sake. If there is one person left in a house and we lynch them but people tried to join the house that night. Would they be able to or would the house already have disappeared.

Hmm interesting. You guys are much more careful then me I guess. Should we at least try to get our empower ment condition to see what it is?  There's a chance it might not be vig at all and could be useful I guess.

Even if it's only one night getting at least one potential vig shot from town is better then nothing right?

Reacts too strongly to the idea of abandoning the arsonist, and a bit too eager to just get a shot down. It is unclear if even a town-aligned vigilante is good for town so early in the game, and this version is so easy for scum to use in their favour, I don't think this should have been his reaction as town.  Vote: Hydrad.

Oh, and Ash, you definitely have to vote for Hydrad, he's posted a self-aware joke!

Targa eyes are obviously scummy. Let's lynch then all it's obvious they are the scum faction!

So, firstly, I totally don't agree with this case, because my reaction to the vig was the exact same as Hydrads, which is why I can't find it scummy. I just didn't happen to express it that much.

But more importantly, after this, azadin also makes a case:

My earlier suspicion of Hydrad has only gotten stronger the longer I've thought about it, and pacovf outlined some of the specific posts that were sticking out in my mind (especially that self aware joke...but I'm not going to get into a recursive meta discussion right now).

Vote: Hydrad

and then XP jumps on the wagon without any reason:

Wait, do we know if the empowerment is permanent? If the empowerment condition stops being true, is the power still empowered?

Also, vote: hydrad

if hydrad is town and XP is scum, this is probably a good way to do this. if hydrad is scum and XP is town... well, he could still do it

but the bottom line so far is really that I don't find any arguments against hydrad convincing.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: September 17, 2014, 08:54:36 am »

a few random things

Quote from: Hydrad
Ah thanks. Somehow I forgot that you had also made the case against me and just saw the azadin and XP votes which didn't make sense. I guess I didn't want to lose my power because if we get to use in with a town person its good for us. So my first reaction was why can't we use it as it gives us a chance to hit scum during the night. I will admit I underestimated the issues if we let a scum control it. Part of me just wanted to control it and use it in a town way but for a moment I forgot that none of you know I'm town and that you won't be willing to trust me to control the power.

Quote from: Hydrad
Its not always going to be good but if you do hit scum during night its a huge help. Its kinda like a vig. You might be scared for hitting town and you are going to at least a few times. But its still overall good for town. Its kinda like doing a day one lynch with no info. Its still a chance to hit scum so you should do it anyways in the small chance of hitting scum. Thats how i feel atleast.

Quote from: Voltaire
Hydrad - I remember nothing about [Hydrad] but I don't like the wagon, feels veeeeeery easy

what if for baratheon. we light prime someone. In the next day they announce who they primed and we can collectivly decide if we should burn them or not. If we think they should live we dissolve baratheon? Is there a downside to that?

yea, so, I think the topic is closed for me. I'm not doing hydrad.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: September 17, 2014, 08:56:10 am »

I agree with silver. The whole arsonist thing in particular is not something I see Hydrad doing.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: September 17, 2014, 10:52:26 am »

and second: look at his two pre-game posts
/in!

/out  :(

:(

this looks to me like he was already excited pre game. so, isn't it reasonable to assume that it was just because it's a cool game and all that, and not because he was scum?

Do you live in an alternate universe where PMs were sent out before the game filled?

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: September 17, 2014, 10:53:06 am »

vote: PPS

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: September 17, 2014, 10:54:00 am »

I agree with silver. The whole arsonist thing in particular is not something I see Hydrad doing.

I agree with this.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 120  All

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 21 queries.