Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 120  All

Author Topic: M50: A Song Of Ice And Fire Mafia - Town Wins!  (Read 332314 times)

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
Re: M50: A Song Of Ice And Fire Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #650 on: September 15, 2014, 03:05:36 pm »

WW, are you officially not revealing the Targ power and still forbidding entrance by others? Working on a plan I think is better than what we're considering and just want to check.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: September 15, 2014, 03:07:57 pm »

Officially not revealing.  It's better if others don't join unless there is some compelling reason to.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: September 15, 2014, 03:24:28 pm »

so, how do we do this? volunteers from each respective house switch? Or should we just let WW decide everything?

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: September 15, 2014, 03:26:18 pm »

We can let each house QT figure this out when we're close to a lynch.

Basically when we get to L-1 with intent to hammer, we should make sure to take the time. Like, having everyone confirm that they've done what they needed to.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: September 15, 2014, 03:26:32 pm »

Cool. I hereby announce that I have a better plan.

Setup: We only get to chance Houses twice. Why are we using several of those moments to empower Lannister, a House with a difficult-to-use swingy power? (Seriously, odds are VTs are going to target VTs unless we can come up with a claiming situation that makes sense and just ew). Do you know what's better? Empowering Stark, the super pro-town power.

Goal: dissolve Lannister to empower Stark, ensure all remaining Houses are >2 members, and put as many people in Baratheon as possible (both to limit the odds scum can manipulate their power and decrease their target pool if they succeed in doing so) while putting as few people in Stark as reasonable (to keep their target pool as wide as possible).

-----
THE PLAN (prior to adjusting for the lynch)
Lannister > Baratheon
Lannister > Baratheon
Lannister > Baratheon
Lannister > Baratheon
IG > Baratheon

Lannister (0)
Stark (4)
Baratheon (6)
Targ (3)

Result: Stark empowered. Baratheon close to being empowered depending on lynch/the answer to the mod question about what happens in case of a tie.
-----

Tweaks: Very easy to adjust for the lynch. Was it an original Baratheon? Who cares. Was it an original Lannister? Who cares. Was it an original Stark? Who cares (3 should still be enough). Was it an original Targ? Just have IG or a Lannister go to Targ instead (with WW's approval). Was it IG? Who cares.

Possible issues: Any regular PRs in Baratheon are also somewhat restricted.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: September 15, 2014, 03:29:04 pm »

Those numbers are wrong. Here are the correct ones:

Lannister (0)
Stark (3)
Baratheon (7)
Targ (3)

If we lynch an original Stark, we just have IG go to Stark.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: September 15, 2014, 03:33:13 pm »

also it doesn't really matter where people originate for baratheon. all we need is to be the biggest house i think
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: September 15, 2014, 03:33:46 pm »

that's all under the assumption that the empowered ability is an extension of/similar to to original one.

but yea, we can do that.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: September 15, 2014, 03:34:36 pm »

that's all under the assumption that the empowered ability is an extension of/similar to to original one.

They are. This is not a guess. It is a fact. Read your (OUR!) House QT's opening post.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: September 15, 2014, 03:36:25 pm »

Mmm, don't like it. I mean, it's alright, but a powered up bodyguard is not much use if it doesn't have a PR to protect, and this only leaves the Targs (that we know of).

Dunno, I would still try to empower Lannister. It is true that your base power is very awkward, but your powered up version might not be. We can always dissolve Lannister tomorrow. I don't think there will be much need for moving around after/if we dissolve Lannister anyway, so the 2 house change limit shouldn't bother us.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #660 on: September 15, 2014, 03:37:26 pm »

I like it. My initial thought about empowering Lannister rather than Stark wasn't accounting for the 2 times per game limitation (I missed that when reading the setup I think).

PPE : 4
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: September 15, 2014, 03:39:46 pm »

Also, faust just told me that Lannister House power-user doesn't even know what action he's taking. So I absolutely cannot foresee any situation but late-game counter-claiming confirmation/maaaaaaaaaaaaaybe late-game vigging even being possible/productive/even possible to follow or understand.

Good riddance to Lannister, I say.

Also, faust says you'll always know the composition of our Houses, so it should be possible to figure out if people are "missing".

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: September 15, 2014, 03:40:02 pm »

They are. This is not a guess. It is a fact. Read your (OUR!) House QT's opening post.

that doesn't really say anything about how useful the empowered ability is, does it? it says the ability gets stronger. that can mean almost everything. it depends a little bit on how literal you take it.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: September 15, 2014, 03:40:18 pm »

I don't think there will be much need for moving around after/if we dissolve Lannister anyway, so the 2 house change limit shouldn't bother us.

It might seem that way but as our numbers dwindle we will need to move to avoid the risk of leaving scum with a power.

PPE : 2

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: September 15, 2014, 03:40:40 pm »

Mmm, don't like it. I mean, it's alright, but a powered up bodyguard is not much use if it doesn't have a PR to protect, and this only leaves the Targs (that we know of).

Huh? Bodyguard can protect WW, anyone who becomes a consensus town read, etc. even ignoring for possible town PRs.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: September 15, 2014, 03:42:12 pm »

that doesn't really say anything about how useful the empowered ability is, does it? it says the ability gets stronger. that can mean almost everything. it depends a little bit on how literal you take it.

It doesn't say "the ability turns into something else". My current guesses on a stronger Lannister power (pure speculation):

1. If the target has performed multiple actions on you, you get to choose, instead of "most recent"
2. After picking your target to copy an action from, you then get to pick the new target.

But see above - Lannister power is crap.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: September 15, 2014, 03:42:30 pm »

Also, faust says you'll always know the composition of our Houses, so it should be possible to figure out if people are "missing".

This is an interesting development.

What exactly was the question you asked ? As I understand what you said, it means we could have just asked faust to tell us the full composition of houses, is that correct ?

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: September 15, 2014, 03:45:18 pm »

paraphrasing: faust says each House will always have a roster

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: September 15, 2014, 03:45:46 pm »

PPE 3

I don't think there will be much need for moving around after/if we dissolve Lannister anyway, so the 2 house change limit shouldn't bother us.

It might seem that way but as our numbers dwindle we will need to move to avoid the risk of leaving scum with a power.

PPE : 2

The only dangerous power is Baratheon. As long as we don't send anyone to Baratheon that won't be able to leave the House, it's fine. The moment we are down to 2 people in Baratheon, we dissolve the house.

Huh? Bodyguard can protect WW, anyone who becomes a consensus town read, etc. even ignoring for possible town PRs.

I guess... but if we aren't giving the hand of the king to the Starks, how reliable is that? Wouldn't it be better to multiply the possible targets for scum?

And again, you seem to say that the only reason your plan is better is because it frees movements. I don't think we are ever going to feel like "man, I wish we could move all these people around" after D2.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: September 15, 2014, 03:45:52 pm »

And since I can quote myself from the QT, here's the question I asked:

Will we be told who is in our house at the start of each new game phase?

Or, if you'll answer the direct question...

Will we be told when someone joins or leaves our house?

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: September 15, 2014, 03:47:37 pm »

paraphrasing: faust says each House will always have a roster

known to that House. Meaning the "This is a QT for Alice, Bob, and Charlie who are in House Blackwater" message will always appear at the start of each House QT, I am assuming.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: September 15, 2014, 03:47:59 pm »

1. If the target has performed multiple actions on you, you get to choose, instead of "most recent"
2. After picking your target to copy an action from, you then get to pick the new target.

if either of that is true, it's not worth empowering lannister. they are pretty weak.

but, for all we know, it could also be

" you get a list with all abilities that have been used against any of your house in the previous night. choose any two these abilities and use them on any targets outside of your house "

which would be super strong

I don't really buy that a weak original ability implicated a weak empowered ability. for balance purposes, a contrary argument could even be made.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: September 15, 2014, 03:48:45 pm »

And since I can quote myself from the QT, here's the question I asked:

Will we be told who is in our house at the start of each new game phase?

Or, if you'll answer the direct question...

Will we be told when someone joins or leaves our house?

Right, we kind of knew that already since he did that in all houses on N0.

There is still the problem that we can't know wether someone is in a all-scum house or houseless, which means keeping our movement is useful.

PAC : the Targaryen power could be antitown, who knows. And dissolving a house is exactly something we can't do if we don't have movement anymore.

Does the Hand of the King strongman apply to scum kills ?

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: September 15, 2014, 03:49:04 pm »

*of these, *implicates *any member

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: September 15, 2014, 03:49:09 pm »

And again, you seem to say that the only reason your plan is better is because it frees movements. I don't think we are ever going to feel like "man, I wish we could move all these people around" after D2.

I can already see reasons why we might go "omfg we need to get everyone into Baratheon" or "omfg we need to dissolve all the Houses" or "omfg Targaryen needs all Houses to have a prime number of people in them".
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 120  All

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 20 queries.