Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 120  All

Author Topic: M50: A Song Of Ice And Fire Mafia - Town Wins!  (Read 334690 times)

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
Re: M50: A Song Of Ice And Fire Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #475 on: September 14, 2014, 09:17:23 pm »

Either you agree with the case or you don't.

If you don't agree, then me stating that his argument is baseless shouldn't surprise you, because you think the same thing. If you do agree, then me stating that it is baseless should reinforce your opinion, because I am trying to minimize its good points.

I don't know how it should influence your decision one way or another.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: September 14, 2014, 09:21:10 pm »

Either you agree with the case or you don't.

If you don't agree, then me stating that his argument is baseless shouldn't surprise you, because you think the same thing. If you do agree, then me stating that it is baseless should reinforce your opinion, because I am trying to minimize its good points.

I don't know how it should influence your decision one way or another.

I mean, obviously your response to the case is going to be more enlightening than the case itself, to everyone but Ashersky and perhaps Teproc.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: September 14, 2014, 09:22:10 pm »

Ash you really think pacovf would be this far extended as scum?

I think he thinks/knows that to backpedal now would lose him a lot of credibility.  So yes, scum!pacovf, having extended himself this far, is loathe to retract an iota for fear of how it would look.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: September 14, 2014, 09:24:03 pm »

I mean, obviously your response to the case is going to be more enlightening than the case itself, to everyone but Ashersky and perhaps Teproc.

Waaaaaaaait a minute. Are you saying that the case itself is irrelevant? Would you say that Ashersky knew that?

Ash you really think pacovf would be this far extended as scum?

I think he thinks/knows that to backpedal now would lose him a lot of credibility.  So yes, scum!pacovf, having extended himself this far, is loathe to retract an iota for fear of how it would look.

What does far-extended mean?
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: September 14, 2014, 09:44:24 pm »

Time to sleep for me, by a long shot.

Anyway, it looks like only Teproc and I are interested in discussing the setup seriously (which I find frankly disappointing, by the way), and since we basically agree that we should empower Lannister, I don't think it is strictly necessary to talk much more about it. If you disagree about our conclusion, I welcome your opinion; if it has reasons backing it up, all the better.
Once we decide who to lynch today, and before we hammer, we'll have to organize who goes where, and make sure that everybody has moved, and only then lynch. I would consider anyone hammering before we made sure that everybody has changed houses obvscum.

This is all to say that I will start scumhunting tomorrow.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #480 on: September 14, 2014, 09:53:49 pm »

Targ should claim.

ash and pacofv are both town, more certain about pacofv than ash. I also think Teproc is town. Ummmmmmmmm what else hell I don't know. This is all silly.

azadin

• Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: September 14, 2014, 11:36:44 pm »

Time to sleep for me, by a long shot.

Anyway, it looks like only Teproc and I are interested in discussing the setup seriously (which I find frankly disappointing, by the way), and since we basically agree that we should empower Lannister, I don't think it is strictly necessary to talk much more about it. If you disagree about our conclusion, I welcome your opinion; if it has reasons backing it up, all the better.
Once we decide who to lynch today, and before we hammer, we'll have to organize who goes where, and make sure that everybody has moved, and only then lynch. I would consider anyone hammering before we made sure that everybody has changed houses obvscum.

This is all to say that I will start scumhunting tomorrow.

Being still very new to forum mafia, I don't know the meta of anyone, really. So this ash/pacovf thing has me confused, but my instincts are telling me that they are both town. I don't agree with ash's case, but I think his forcefulness on it is protown. paco hasn't struck me as being jumpy or nervous that he's caught. I think his exasperation is normal and somewhat of a town tell.

I am also more interested in discussing set up until we have a solidified plan (exactly who is moving where so we can do what) before we get too focused on the scumhunting. I think we need to wrap up our setup plans ASAP so we can have as much time as possible to figure out who we want to lynch.

azadin

• Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: September 14, 2014, 11:42:12 pm »

Also, if one of Ash's main points against pacovf were his seemingly excited post nature (new scum apparently get giddy and post differently), I'd like to point out that I got this exact impression by Hydrad. He seemed to be posting lots of small bursts of things, none of which were directly helpful (except his revealing of his house's power). Granted, I've never played a game with him before, and haven't had a chance to go back and read previous games he's been in. Just noting suspicion. Everyone seems so hyperfocused on this one case (ash/pacovf), it's like the rest of everyone else's posts are invisible.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: September 15, 2014, 01:01:31 am »

Checking in for one minute before I go to bed.
The whole Ash/Pacovf fight seems quite unproductive to me. And I don't like people (especially when they're all in the same house), throwing out town points left and right for a virtually useless fight. Maybe it's an Ash/Pacovf/Teproc scumteam and Ash's comment on one house being a front was just more meta-mind-screwing such as him pushing for his own death as scum in Village mafia (I think was the reference he made).

I don't even know. I'm tired and I find a lot of people scummy right now.

Hydrad and azadin are my top townreads, but that isn't saying a lot with how the game has gone so far.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: September 15, 2014, 03:13:15 am »

Checking in for one minute before I go to bed.
The whole Ash/Pacovf fight seems quite unproductive to me. And I don't like people (especially when they're all in the same house), throwing out town points left and right for a virtually useless fight. Maybe it's an Ash/Pacovf/Teproc scumteam and Ash's comment on one house being a front was just more meta-mind-screwing such as him pushing for his own death as scum in Village mafia (I think was the reference he made).

I don't even know. I'm tired and I find a lot of people scummy right now.

Hydrad and azadin are my top townreads, but that isn't saying a lot with how the game has gone so far.

Boom!  Scumhunting.  Love it.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: September 15, 2014, 04:36:36 am »

In the past, quoting any QT messages was explicitly disallowed.  Recall Monster's University.

It was ? Hmmm. I forgot about that entirely.

faust, what's the ruling here ?

This wasn't in the rules, so it was allowed at the time you quoted. But I'll make a ruling for the future: You may only quote your own posts from any QT.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: September 15, 2014, 04:38:05 am »

To whoever said that ash was playing well because he was making himelf obvtown :
a) I'm usually good at reading ash. I think I've never been on an ash mislynch (except for self-preservation). This is not normal town!ash. It can still be town!ash, but I'm not convinced at all.
b) Don't do that. Don't. Please. If everyone does that, it's making it easy for scum because they don't have to worry about appearing townie, they can just do whatever and not be held accountable.

ash, you're putting way too much weight in :
a) Lannister being bad guys
b) pacovf commenting on Lannister

That being said, there is obviously a lot to analyse in pacovf's reaction. He's very annoyed, responding with long debunking of ash's case. There are two ways of reading it obviously :
a) pavocf is town and he's pissed at ash's case (which, while it's not getting traction, is the main thing happening in this game) because it's obviously ridiculous to him, partly because ash's Lannister argument is awful, partly because he knows he's town
b) pavocf is scum and is annoyed because of the famous "you're catching me for the wrong reason !" argument.

I don't really see this as being b), but I need to take a loof at pacovf's newbie game.

Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: September 15, 2014, 04:38:19 am »

In the past, quoting any QT messages was explicitly disallowed.  Recall Monster's University.

It was ? Hmmm. I forgot about that entirely.

faust, what's the ruling here ?

This wasn't in the rules, so it was allowed at the time you quoted. But I'll make a ruling for the future: You may only quote your own posts from any QT.

Ok. Sorry, I didn't mean to bend the rules.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: September 15, 2014, 04:39:50 am »

IN the meantime, do non-ash people have an opinion about empowering Lannister ? BEcause I can't say I'm convinced by the "Lannister is a front for scum" argument, neither am I particularly interested in everyone going houseless and giving up town PRs.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: September 15, 2014, 04:40:47 am »

Vote Count 1.3

silverspawn (1): Ichimaru Gin
Ichimaru Gin (1): pacovf
pacovf (3): ashersky, Witherweaver, Robz888
ashersky (1): XerxesPraelor
EgorK (1): Voltaire

Not Voting (6): silverspawn, Hydrad, Teproc, EgorK, pingpongsam, azadin

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. Day 1 ends on September 19 at noon.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: September 15, 2014, 06:47:49 am »

I am also more interested in discussing set up until we have a solidified plan (exactly who is moving where so we can do what) before we get too focused on the scumhunting. I think we need to wrap up our setup plans ASAP so we can have as much time as possible to figure out who we want to lynch.

I agree, but we can't wrap up the set up plans if people don't colaborate. Plus, we can't wrap them up perfectly until we know who we are going to lynch. What do you think we should do, concerning House changes? Empower Lannister?  Empower Stark? Empower Baratheon and Lannister, or emptying Baratheon? Something else altogether?

a) pavocf is town and he's pissed at ash's case (which, while it's not getting traction, is the main thing happening in this game) because it's obviously ridiculous to him, partly because ash's Lannister argument is awful, partly because he knows he's town
b) pavocf is scum and is annoyed because of the famous "you're catching me for the wrong reason !" argument.

In my opinion, the Lannister argument is not the only awful one, and the arguments themselves are not the only reason I am annoyed, but I've already written enough on this subject, so I'll leave it there.

And it's pacovf, not pavocf. You can just call me "P", or "pac", they're easier to spell :P

On the topic of scumhunting and reads:

Witherweaver: an IC, per reaction to apparent fakeclaim from Teproc.

Teproc: townread, because he pointed out WW's ICness, and the way he's been acting today, overall. But frankly, even if he wasn't a townread, he's speaking too much sense for me to want to lynch him today.

XerxesPraelor: very mild townread, but it's basically a gut feeling. It could change.

Azadin: honest attempts at scumhunting, twice. Townread.

Voltaire: townread, because I don't see the following two posts coming from scum:

Current guess is that if scum faction is Varys-aligned they get a bonus every time the king dies or something.

There will be a role related to the setup. For all we know scum has access to your QT even if they're not in your QT right now.

These are very imaginative guesses about the setup. Scum doesn't do that, because scum knows most of the setup already, no need for imagination. So either he is scum and he is revealing scum powers, or he is town trying very hard to think of all the possibilities. I think the latter is more probable. You can disagree, of course.

Null on PPS, Ichimaru Gin, Robz (although lazy vote is lazy), silverspawn and EgorK (EgorK, I need to hear more from you).

Scummy on Hydrad:

Wait you think we should just ditch our house? Having a vig town controlled would be a way to fight back. I'm surprised that your instant reaction is to just ditch it.

Hmm I guess there is the risk that if a scum takes it over it could get bad 

Also just for curiosities sake. If there is one person left in a house and we lynch them but people tried to join the house that night. Would they be able to or would the house already have disappeared.

Hmm interesting. You guys are much more careful then me I guess. Should we at least try to get our empower ment condition to see what it is?  There's a chance it might not be vig at all and could be useful I guess.

Even if it's only one night getting at least one potential vig shot from town is better then nothing right?

Reacts too strongly to the idea of abandoning the arsonist, and a bit too eager to just get a shot down. It is unclear if even a town-aligned vigilante is good for town so early in the game, and this version is so easy for scum to use in their favour, I don't think this should have been his reaction as town.  Vote: Hydrad.

Oh, and Ash, you definitely have to vote for Hydrad, he's posted a self-aware joke!

Targa eyes are obviously scummy. Let's lynch then all it's obvious they are the scum faction!

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: September 15, 2014, 07:35:27 am »

Hydrad's joke is noted.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: September 15, 2014, 07:36:03 am »

Hydrad's joke is noted.

Of course, you joking about the joke because of your joke?  That's crazy meta scummy.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: September 15, 2014, 07:52:38 am »

Meme time!

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: September 15, 2014, 09:20:12 am »

My curiosity dictates we empower lannister.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: September 15, 2014, 09:24:58 am »

IN the meantime, do non-ash people have an opinion about empowering Lannister ? BEcause I can't say I'm convinced by the "Lannister is a front for scum" argument, neither am I particularly interested in everyone going houseless and giving up town PRs.

I'm fine with empowering Lannister.  I can move to Lannister, one Stark and one Baratheon move to Lannister, one Lannister to Stark and one Lannister to Baratheon.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: September 15, 2014, 09:27:20 am »

Are self-aware jokes jokes that have become sentient?

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: September 15, 2014, 09:45:36 am »

I'm fine with empowering Lannister.  I can move to Lannister, one Stark and one Baratheon move to Lannister, one Lannister to Stark and one Lannister to Baratheon.

And Ichi to Baratheon. But someone else than you is going to Lannister from Targaryen. If the argument for not sharing Targ's power is that it's possible that there's zero scum in there, we're certainly not making the IC leave the house.

Are self-aware jokes jokes that have become sentient?

A bit of a misnomer, but it's a joke that shows that the person is very self-aware.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: September 15, 2014, 09:48:39 am »

I'm going to assume WW knows what he's doing by suggesting that.

vote : PPS

Came in, said ash was town and... that's it ? Generally been incredibly non-controversial, which is not town!PPS.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: September 15, 2014, 09:50:27 am »

And Ichi to Baratheon. But someone else than you is going to Lannister from Targaryen. If the argument for not sharing Targ's power is that it's possible that there's zero scum in there, we're certainly not making the IC leave the house.

I don't get that.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 120  All

Page created in 0.206 seconds with 20 queries.