Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 120  All

Author Topic: M50: A Song Of Ice And Fire Mafia - Town Wins!  (Read 335230 times)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
Re: M50: A Song Of Ice And Fire Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #325 on: September 12, 2014, 02:27:49 pm »

Hmm I'm wondering the if we get ww to come to baratheon? If we vote him to control the power would that be better?

How long do you expect me to live, though?

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: September 12, 2014, 02:30:00 pm »

Hmm I'm wondering the if we get ww to come to baratheon? If we vote him to control the power would that be better?

How long do you expect me to live, though?

Even if it's only one night getting at least one potential vig shot from town is better then nothing right?
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: September 12, 2014, 02:32:32 pm »

I've got the feeling we won't be able to both empower Lannister and get WW to Baratheon. Not today, not ever. Hmm.

Even not accepting people into House Targaryen, I think choosing not to share your power is betting on the wrong table. But it's your call, not mine.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: September 12, 2014, 02:55:17 pm »

Ok so heres a decent way to go around this I think.

baratheon = 2 people right now

lannister = 4

tar = 3

stark = 3

houseless = 1

So if we get WW to move to baratheon

we have

baratheon = 3 tar = 2

then we have lannister move 2 people into baratheon and baratheon gives one person to lannister

so then we are at

baratheon = 4 lannister = 3

Then we get ichi to join baratheon

baratheon = 5 people and we are now empowered with WW to control it if its a vig

then lannister gives one person to tar and tar gives one person to lannister

lannister = 3 tar = 2

then finally stark gives one person to lannister

lannister = 4 stark = 2

This way lannister should also be empowered at this point

so we would have

baratheon = 5 (with WW)
lannister = 4 (one from each house)
stark = 2
tar = 2

Although this could completely change based on what the tar house power and stuff is. But its a suggestion I guess
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: September 12, 2014, 03:44:07 pm »

then lannister gives one person to tar

It seems like Targaryen will not accept this.

I also dislike leaving only two people in one house. If we lynch one of them, scum can kill the other during the night, and then the house dies.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: September 12, 2014, 07:27:42 pm »

Anyone suggesting house roles are super awesome invincible roles are crazy scummy.  Oh hey, look!  It's pacovf!

We have no clue if scum can block, strongman, etc. through house powers.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: September 12, 2014, 08:30:40 pm »

I'm okay with sharing our power, just not letting anyone in or sharing our empowerment condition.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: September 12, 2014, 08:33:36 pm »

Actually, never mind. I don't think we should share unless there's an overwhelming consensus. I just realized that chances are robz is town.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: September 12, 2014, 09:53:13 pm »

Anyone suggesting house roles are super awesome invincible roles are crazy scummy.  Oh hey, look!  It's pacovf!

We have no clue if scum can block, strongman, etc. through house powers.

Nope, read the setup. We actually know this. They're normally blockable, like all roles, unless that house has the Hand of the King, in which case they're strongman.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: September 12, 2014, 09:54:00 pm »

Actually, never mind. I don't think we should share unless there's an overwhelming consensus. I just realized that chances are robz is town.

There will be a role related to the setup. For all we know scum has access to your QT even if they're not in your QT right now.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: September 12, 2014, 10:13:45 pm »

The problem I'm having, ash, is that I'm getting a super-strong town read on pacovf because of you, which is incorrect and misleading, just because of how strongly you're tunneling him with virtually nothing/proven factually incorrect information.

Though pacovf did react quite directly to your accusations, for which I give town points, as he did not seem to shy away from the conflict at all. When I was new scum, and yuma came after me, I wanted to crawl into a hole and die, not keep posting.

So maybe a townie read on pacovf after all.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: September 13, 2014, 06:22:04 am »

FYI, chances are 27% if 3-scum-team, and 36% if 4-scum-team from your point of view, assuming both you and WW are town, that there is at least one scum in Targaryen. They are reasonable, but I wouldn't say they are good enough to be worth the risk of you thinking that scum doesn't know about your power while they actually do, and keeping town in the darkness.

And of course, from the outside, the odds of scum being in Targaryen, assuming WW is town, are 50% if 3-scum-team, and 60% if 4-scum-team, which are anything but good.

It depends on what your power does. If scum stands to gain much more than town from knowing the power, then it might be better to keep it secret, I don't know. But the odds certainly don't favour that.

I know you have mentioned that you don't want people to join House Targaryen. If one of you leaves the house, would it be ok for him to join House Targaryen later?

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: September 13, 2014, 06:37:12 am »

Still waiting for Robz opinion on the subject BTW.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: September 13, 2014, 06:37:50 am »

If the Targaryens chose not to share their power, everyone joining their house is obvscum.

But really they should at least share their power.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: September 13, 2014, 08:14:37 am »

The problem I'm having, ash, is that I'm getting a super-strong town read on pacovf because of you, which is incorrect and misleading, just because of how strongly you're tunneling him with virtually nothing/proven factually incorrect information.

Though pacovf did react quite directly to your accusations, for which I give town points, as he did not seem to shy away from the conflict at all. When I was new scum, and yuma came after me, I wanted to crawl into a hole and die, not keep posting.

I want to be lynched if we aren't lynching pacovf, even though it is incredibly anti-town to lynch town just to make a point.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: September 13, 2014, 08:29:08 am »

I want to be lynched if we aren't lynching pacovf, even though it is incredibly anti-town to lynch town just to make a point.

Ash, people aren't ignoring your case because they think you are scum (heck, some of them are giving you town points for some reason), they are ignoring your case because it is a weak/nonsensical one. Your getting lynched is not going to change that, and if you are town we will be down one lynch. I suggest that you start trying to contribute in a way that is beneficial for town.

By the way, considering how early D1 we are, and that most people haven't posted any content other than setup-analysis, I am also surprised that you think you've got reads on enough people to conclude that I am the only worthy lynch today. If you really don't want to discuss the setup, which is fine, you should be forcing other people than me to talk. I'm putting myself out there, people can draw conclusions (one way or another) from the way I act.

My two cents on the situation.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: September 13, 2014, 08:40:22 am »

Ash, people aren't ignoring your case because they think you are scum (heck, some of them are giving you town points for some reason), they are ignoring your case because it is a weak/nonsensical one. Your getting lynched is not going to change that, and if you are town we will be down one lynch. I suggest that you start trying to contribute in a way that is beneficial for town.

By the way, considering how early D1 we are, and that most people haven't posted any content other than setup-analysis, I am also surprised that you think you've got reads on enough people to conclude that I am the only worthy lynch today. If you really don't want to discuss the setup, which is fine, you should be forcing other people than me to talk. I'm putting myself out there, people can draw conclusions (one way or another) from the way I act.

My two cents on the situation.

There are clearly other scum out there.  I don't know who they are, though.  So I'm focused on the one I believe I caught.  If I catch more later, I'll move on to them.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: September 13, 2014, 08:46:56 am »

There will be a role related to the setup. For all we know scum has access to your QT even if they're not in your QT right now.
Hmm. That's. in.... intriguing. Do you think it could be Ichi's role, though?

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: September 13, 2014, 10:45:14 am »

Finally caught up. I confirm what Hydrad said about our power

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: September 13, 2014, 11:04:12 am »

What subject?
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: September 13, 2014, 11:11:01 am »

What subject?

Whether Targaryens should share their power or not.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: September 13, 2014, 11:21:25 am »

But Pacovf, you've only talked about setup things and how "crazy" Ash's case is.  Except I didn't really see you address what he said much (Teproc did more), only dismiss it.  There isn't really much (if anything) I've seen you say in terms of actual Mafia, despite posting a lot.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: September 13, 2014, 11:38:26 am »

First of all, while you do make a good point about my lack of scumhunting, I think it's unfair to say that I've "only" talked about setup things. Everybody has done the same. I would give town points to Ashersky for scumhunting, only his case is so bad that I can't.

As to why I've only talked about the setup, there is a simple reason. I think we've got two objectives today: lynch mafia, and determine the best way for town to navigate the setup. We can't do both at the same time, it's too easy for mafia to keep switching from one to the other to avoid sensitive issues. And if we start by trying to lynch someone, I bet nobody will say "hold on a sec before you lynch that guy, we have to discuss the setup first", because it will be seen as crazy scummy. So, first we discuss the setup, then we look for mafia. That's not an excuse not to punish scummy behaviour as it happens, but it isn't an excuse to say that people who "only" speak about the setup are scummy.

I am doing my best to finish the setup discussion as quickly as possible so that we can move on the mafia-finding phase. If you agree with my analysis of the situation, help me with the setup discussion. If you don't, say why.

About the case by Ashersky, I did adress his initial case here. If you think I missed something relevant, I will address it now.

However, I think you can excuse me for not giving much credibility to someone that starts his argument this way:

You starts off with an argument that we should not actively empower our house because House Lannister also has a power.  Why House Lannister?  How would we know the Lannisters were in the game?  Why Lannister's power and not Baratheon or some other big name?  Specifically, Lannister.  Clearly, there is also scum in Lannister.

And when we point out that House Lannister was specifically mentioned in our empower condition in the first post of our quicktopic, he answers this.

Teproc, you mean the killing all Lannisters thing?

Irrelevant, in my opinion.

He still hasn't admitted that this argument doesn't make sense, the best he has done is say that "If you don't like it, ignore it".

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: September 13, 2014, 12:45:02 pm »

I missed that reply of yours to Ash's initial points.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: September 13, 2014, 02:00:25 pm »

Hmm. That's. in.... intriguing. Do you think it could be Ichi's role, though?
How do you mean?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 120  All

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 20 queries.