Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 120  All

Author Topic: M50: A Song Of Ice And Fire Mafia - Town Wins!  (Read 332518 times)

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
Re: M50: A Song Of Ice And Fire Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #300 on: September 12, 2014, 01:09:08 pm »

oh also if there is scum in Lannister my current pick would be PPS

Why ?
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: September 12, 2014, 01:10:06 pm »

oh also if there is scum in Lannister my current pick would be PPS

Why ?

Barely talked in thread, his one post here was crazy-scummy, mild town read on my other mates

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: September 12, 2014, 01:10:47 pm »

hahahahahahahahaha I forgot silver is in my house. Never mind.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: September 12, 2014, 01:12:42 pm »

Unless someone is going to claim being Joffrey I believe that the king characters are NPCs flavored respective to the current majority house (say Ned for house Stark). I am currently House Lannister and since we are currently the majority house one of our own is Hand. The Hand acts with the authority of the king.

I'm going to be rather V/LA until about Monday since I am cramming work, then packing and then traveling and then unpacking over this weekend. Then I'll actually be on vacation but should at least be able to follow the thread closely and post in spurts (sounds kind of gross, no?).

That said, I agree that WW is ICish via the mod mistake. Teproc distilled the WW ICishness so town points to him.

I am not at all following the pacovf angle and think ash is off the rails with this one. Typical ash, null here for now.

Voltaire seems opportunistically voting in search of traction.

Null on everyone else.

These are PPS' two posts. I'm assuming you're reffering to the second one. What do you find so scummy about it ?
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: September 12, 2014, 01:17:24 pm »

It's my only game-play based scum read so far. it is not big. but:

You do not get town points for pointing out WW = IC (axxle did this as SK in a game for example)

"Opportunistically voting" is him calling me scummy without calling me scummy. Scummy.

With that as the only posts, it's not great.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: September 12, 2014, 01:17:36 pm »

Also!

hahahahahahahahaha I forgot silver is in my house. Never mind.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: September 12, 2014, 01:18:59 pm »

Wait you think we should just ditch our house? Having a vig town controlled would be a way to fight back. I'm surprised that your instant reaction is to just ditch it.

Hmm I guess there is the risk that if a scum takes it over it could get bad 

Also just for curiosities sake. If there is one person left in a house and we lynch them but people tried to join the house that night. Would they be able to or would the house already have disappeared.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: September 12, 2014, 01:20:59 pm »

You said it was "crazy-scummy", now you're saying it's not big. Which one is it ?

I definitely thought he was calling yo scummy in this post, but I guess I can see your point.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: September 12, 2014, 01:22:06 pm »

Wait you think we should just ditch our house? Having a vig town controlled would be a way to fight back. I'm surprised that your instant reaction is to just ditch it.

Also just for curiosities sake. If there is one person left in a house and we lynch them but people tried to join the house that night. Would they be able to or would the house already have disappeared.

The only way we're going to use your House power is if we can get an IC to do it. Otherwise it's too risky. That doesn't mean we necessarily have to destroy the house though.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: September 12, 2014, 01:24:15 pm »

You do not get town points for pointing out WW = IC (axxle did this as SK in a game for example)

Actually, I agree with PPS that pointing out the ICness of WW gives Teproc town points. I would say that if your counterexample comes from a SK, it's not the best counterexample: there's extra kills going around, and the SK doesn't play the same way scum does.

For the time being, I am somewhat against dissolving Lannister, especially when it would be so easy to empower them to see what your superpower is. We can always dissolve it tomorrow if we don't like what we see.

I also just got the bad feeling that Stark's empowered power might not be a doctor, but some sort of bus driver/redirector. And that is tremendously more dangerous in the hands of scum than a simple bodyguard is.

Don't know what to think about Baratheon. It definitely seems like leaving the House alive would be playing with fire (heh).
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: September 12, 2014, 01:26:16 pm »

The only way we're going to use your House power is if we can get an IC to do it. Otherwise it's too risky. That doesn't mean we necessarily have to destroy the house though.

Hmm interesting. You guys are much more careful then me I guess. Should we at least try to get our empower ment condition to see what it is?  There's a chance it might not be vig at all and could be useful I guess.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: September 12, 2014, 01:54:35 pm »

Ok. Back for a few. I'm feeling pretty under the weather, so will probably post inconsistently.
Anyway, still haven't gotten any answer as to how one actually changes houses.
Not too sure about the plan to abandon Baratheon entirely. So the mechanic of priming and lighting can be used to kill multiple people then? Although I can see how dangerous that could be if scum controls that house.

Also, my flavor name is Jon Snow. I have no idea who he is, but I figured I'd just claim it anyway.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: September 12, 2014, 01:56:36 pm »

Ok. Back for a few. I'm feeling pretty under the weather, so will probably post inconsistently.
Anyway, still haven't gotten any answer as to how one actually changes houses.
Not too sure about the plan to abandon Baratheon entirely. So the mechanic of priming and lighting can be used to kill multiple people then? Although I can see how dangerous that could be if scum controls that house.

Also, my flavor name is Jon Snow. I have no idea who he is, but I figured I'd just claim it anyway.

And you are in House... Targaryen huh ?

That's... interesting.

This game's spoiler limit stops at the second book/season, correct ?

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: September 12, 2014, 01:57:43 pm »

OH you're houseless right, that makes  alot more sense.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: September 12, 2014, 01:58:43 pm »

Why have the Targaryens not claimed yet ? WW ?

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: September 12, 2014, 02:00:41 pm »

Targa eyes are obviously scummy. Let's lynch then all it's obvious they are the scum faction!

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: September 12, 2014, 02:01:25 pm »

Targa eyes are obviously scummy. Let's lynch then all it's obvious they are the scum faction!

Phone spell checking with these house names is really bad by the way

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: September 12, 2014, 02:04:34 pm »

Well, the thing is, we have three members and one's an IC.  From Robz/XP perspective, they have to consider it a decent chance that there is no scum in this house.  So maybe protecting a power could be good.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: September 12, 2014, 02:06:00 pm »

Well, the thing is, we have three members and one's an IC.  From Robz/XP perspective, they have to consider it a decent chance that there is no scum in this house.  So maybe protecting a power could be good.

What about your perspective ?

I think trying to "protect" powers makes very little sense considering scum can just choose to move into your house. I suppose we could say anyone who does that is obvscum, but that's putting a lot of trust into Robz and XP, which I'm not willing to do.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: September 12, 2014, 02:08:21 pm »

We've already expressed a desire to not have people join our house (XP to Ichi).  I would consider anyone joining our house to be a scummy move.

From my perspective, XP and Robz are as likely as anyone else to be scum.  However, if I was town in their shoes, I would see their point. 

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: September 12, 2014, 02:09:35 pm »

From my perspective, XP and Robz are as likely as anyone else to be scum.  However, if I was town in their shoes, I would see their point.

I don't understand why you are defending their perspective instead of yours.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: September 12, 2014, 02:10:51 pm »

I don't understand why you are defending their perspective instead of yours.

I don't understand why you're using the word "defending".

Or what that post means at all.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: September 12, 2014, 02:14:17 pm »

I'll rephrase. You seem to be saying that you don't want to share your House power, because Robz/XP might not want to share the House power.

I don't think that position makes sense: either you want to share the House power or you don't. I can understand you wanting to wait for them to say what they think about it before doing anything foolhardy, but not really what you are doing right now.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: September 12, 2014, 02:20:20 pm »

Sharing it will be a collective decision.  I'm explaining, since it was asked, the thought processes going into such a decision. 

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: September 12, 2014, 02:25:32 pm »

Hmm I'm wondering the if we get ww to come to baratheon? If we vote him to control the power would that be better?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 120  All

Page created in 0.189 seconds with 20 queries.