Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 120  All

Author Topic: M50: A Song Of Ice And Fire Mafia - Town Wins!  (Read 334628 times)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
Re: M50: A Song Of Ice And Fire Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #975 on: September 16, 2014, 01:20:04 pm »

well I wanted to reread XP next, but now it almost feels like I'm doing it to defend myself

You seem to be feeling a lot of pressure for having no (?) votes on you.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: September 16, 2014, 01:20:27 pm »

Fun fact: I (nor any town player) do not have perfect reads. However, I am going to participate in trying to lynch scum today. Ergo, I will at times advocate for the lynching of town. It is not helpful if, every time I say I'd like to vote someone, you go "HOW DARE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU  >:( >:( >:(". I find OMGUS fairly townie but that doesn't change the fact that it's annoying and can be used as cover by scum.

Seriously, every time I've voted someone this game they've responded by being pissed off (except EgorK, who isn't really here) and stating they have a growing scum read on me.

Fix my reads, people, if you think (or know, if it's against you!) they're wrong.
I just wish you'd say something more than, "I could lynch IG today"

Why?

I was actually curious about this too.  It may just be from PoE, though.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: September 16, 2014, 01:20:36 pm »

Fun fact: I (nor any town player) do not have perfect reads. However, I am going to participate in trying to lynch scum today. Ergo, I will at times advocate for the lynching of town. It is not helpful if, every time I say I'd like to vote someone, you go "HOW DARE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU  >:( >:( >:(". I find OMGUS fairly townie but that doesn't change the fact that it's annoying and can be used as cover by scum.

Seriously, every time I've voted someone this game they've responded by being pissed off (except EgorK, who isn't really here) and stating they have a growing scum read on me.

Fix my reads, people, if you think (or know, if it's against you!) they're wrong.

what reads? you have not explained any reads? really, wtf are you doing?

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: September 16, 2014, 01:20:59 pm »

IG, you're due to POE and not having anything terribly memorable to me this game. I've caught scum that way before (faust in some game). Scum likes to blend in, be in the middle of the pack, participate without drawing attention. It also isn't the strongest read since it's predicated so much by my reads on others.

Silver, you're from the fact that, when I play the game "Pretend it's 3 town vs. 1 scum in Lannister, find the scum". azadin has always struck me as town, PPS is now shifting town, I was always wary of you and he anyway, ergo you. Now, I know it's entirely possible Lannister has no scum or it's azadin or it's all three of you or whatever. You'll notice I haven't actually voted you yet.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: September 16, 2014, 01:22:34 pm »

well I wanted to reread XP next, but now it almost feels like I'm doing it to defend myself

I'm kind of frustrated with the whole pacov discussion, the way it seems to me is that he forced the whole talking about something that isn't even remotely related to scumhunting, and then attacks me saying that I don't scumhunt enough. if i start now, it seems like I'm doing it as an answer to him, even if it's just one guy who hasn't even voted for me.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: September 16, 2014, 01:23:22 pm »

If I am right that IG is scum for this specific reason, then there's not really a "case" to respond to, because the case is "blends in". Which explains the annoyance and harping that I have "no case" that scum has done in the past.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: September 16, 2014, 01:23:34 pm »

I'm kind of frustrated with the whole pacov discussion, the way it seems to me is that he forced the whole talking about something that isn't even remotely related to scumhunting, and then attacks me saying that I don't scumhunt enough. if i start now, it seems like I'm doing it as an answer to him, even if it's just one guy who hasn't even voted for me.

I'm definitely interested in you rereading XP.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: September 16, 2014, 01:24:35 pm »

If I am right that IG is scum for this specific reason, then there's not really a "case" to respond to, because the case is "blends in". Which explains the annoyance and harping that I have "no case" that scum has done in the past.

Didn't you say that you were going to revise your reads after I pointed out who was on Hydrad's wagon? What are your reads now?
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: September 16, 2014, 01:26:08 pm »

I'm definitely interested in you rereading XP.

For the record, my point wasn't that you weren't scumhunting enough, it was that you were kinda saying that scumhunting isn't important and that you wouldn't devote much energy to it. You will notice that I backed off you (if I was ever pushing you, which I wasn't) when you said that you had starting doing rereads and intended to do more.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: September 16, 2014, 01:26:26 pm »

No you're right. If there were to be a case against me, this'd probably be it.
I mean, I was sick for a long, long time. Been around middling participation. I don't know, I've tried to comment on everything I thought was important, but I can see that I haven't exactly stood out. That's kinda my regular D1 unless someone starts a case on me and then I get to defend myself and look scummy :)

PPE: 2

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: September 16, 2014, 01:27:03 pm »

Didn't you say that you were going to revise your reads after I pointed out who was on Hydrad's wagon? What are your reads now?

Yes, I haven't re-read yet.

what reads? you have not explained any reads? really, wtf are you doing?

Also, vote: silver. Excellent placeholder before re-read. The above is what I was talking about here:

Which explains the annoyance and harping that I have "no case" that scum has done in the past.

as it somewhat applies to silver as well as IG.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: September 16, 2014, 01:31:14 pm »

sure man, you attack someone without reason, he is "wtf"ing you and you think that's a reason to vote. very efficient indeed.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: September 16, 2014, 01:33:23 pm »

Actually, I do have a fairly townie read on Voltaire here.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: September 16, 2014, 01:34:09 pm »

I don't even really know what to say about this, but I want to address pretty much everything that concerns me. assuming the distribution of scum/town on houses is random, his reasoning is almost pure arbitrary. it's like if i pick WW, teproc and PPS, and I say, let's assume one of these 3 is scum, then it's almost certainly PPS, because WW is an IC and I have a strong townread on Teproc.

Actually, I do have a fairly townie read on Voltaire here.

I don't think he's scum. I think his case is stupid. And if that makes me scummy for reacting too soon, then I still think his case is stupid.

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: September 16, 2014, 01:34:28 pm »

PPE: 20 pages

If you want to lynch Hydrad pretty please send someone to our house. Really. I am not sure that power is not compulsory and that vote is not compulsory, thorugh we can ask mod

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #990 on: September 16, 2014, 01:37:13 pm »

PPE: 20 pages

If you want to lynch Hydrad pretty please send someone to our house. Really. I am not sure that power is not compulsory and that vote is not compulsory, thorugh we can ask mod

Man, this is hilarious :)

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: September 16, 2014, 01:41:51 pm »

I don't even really know what to say about this, but I want to address pretty much everything that concerns me. assuming the distribution of scum/town on houses is random, his reasoning is almost pure arbitrary. it's like if i pick WW, teproc and PPS, and I say, let's assume one of these 3 is scum, then it's almost certainly PPS, because WW is an IC and I have a strong townread on Teproc.

That's not crazy! It's arbitrary, yes, but it's helpful to think in if/then terms in this game.

And, to explain where I'm coming from, in HP mafia, one of the games that inspired Monsters U which in turn inspired this game, I let myself have a strong town read on all my Housemates and there was totally scum in there the entire time.

I'm not voting you for just that reason, I'm not that stupid.  ;)

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: September 16, 2014, 01:44:40 pm »

That's not crazy! It's arbitrary, yes, but it's helpful to think in if/then terms in this game.

And, to explain where I'm coming from, in HP mafia, one of the games that inspired Monsters U which in turn inspired this game, I let myself have a strong town read on all my Housemates and there was totally scum in there the entire time.

I'm not voting you for just that reason, I'm not that stupid.  ;)

I'm with silver. This is a touch too arbitrary. It is good that you are thinking about the possibility of scum in your house, but taking for granted that there is is a bad way to find scum.

I should know, that kind of suppositions led me to pick a fight in NM VI with TA for no reason (we were both town).

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: September 16, 2014, 01:54:10 pm »

I'm with silver. This is a touch too arbitrary. It is good that you are thinking about the possibility of scum in your house, but taking for granted that there is is a bad way to find scum.

POE: bothering scum since forever.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: September 16, 2014, 01:58:15 pm »

POE: bothering scum since forever.

Well, process of elimination requires the existence of scum to work. It will give you a culprit whether there is scum or there isn't.

When you arbitrarily restrict the whole population of this game, you don't have the presence of scum guaranteed anymore.

PoE over everybody: good. PoE over Lannister: bad.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: September 16, 2014, 01:59:52 pm »

Tiny problem for you here: that's not the reason I'm voting for silver.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: September 16, 2014, 02:03:24 pm »

Right. Nothing to see here, carry on.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: September 16, 2014, 02:04:59 pm »

How long until the deadline?

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: September 16, 2014, 02:06:06 pm »

Almost exactly three days.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: September 16, 2014, 02:08:03 pm »

This is the endless problem of your day 1 method Voltaire. PoE on day 1 is mostly arbitrary. Yes, PoE is great, because is catches scum eventually. On day 1, it's just a security blanket because you don't want to take the risk of lynching active players.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 120  All

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 19 queries.