Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 120  All

Author Topic: M50: A Song Of Ice And Fire Mafia - Town Wins!  (Read 335098 times)

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
Re: M50: A Song Of Ice And Fire Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #700 on: September 15, 2014, 04:06:42 pm »

PPE 2

Are we really haggling for one movement?

No. We're haggling that Lannister is a crap power and it's better to empower 2 Houses instead, 1 of which is amazing (and 1 of which is terrible, but if empBarath is full vig or something instead that's something worth using maybe) etc. etc. etc.

Why should be haggling about that, when we can just check?

There's more than one movement at stake here. (And one movement is nothing to sneeze at)

I honestly think that it is. People stuck in Stark/Targaryen are not a problem.

WW, can Targ's power be used against town?
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: September 15, 2014, 04:07:54 pm »

Away from Keyboard, it's dinner time here.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: September 15, 2014, 04:08:34 pm »

We have to. Otherwise we won't switch in time for tonight.

IG is the only one who has to adapt. If we lynch...

Targ, he goes to Targ
Lannister, he goes to Baratheon
Baratheon, he goes to Baratheon
Stark, he goes to Stark

so, we don't have to. we can just switch now, and then IG can switch after we decided whom to lynch.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: September 15, 2014, 04:10:16 pm »

Well, what about the fact that my plan empowers 2 Houses instead of 1? And doesn't seem to ruin Targ empowerment down the line, as WW seems fine with the idea of Lannister dying in general.

it's a good fact. I do think your plan is better, there's not really an argument pro lannister.

I vehemently disagree. The only real advantage of his plan is that it takes less movements, and as shown, the difference is not really that big.

Just because Lannister base power is useless doesn't mean that the empowered version is too. And even if it is, we can just empty Lannister afterwards. Yes, we will have used more movements that if we emptied Lannister straight, but frankly people are overvaluing movement. So what if someone can't leave Stark/Targaryen? Definitely not the end of the world. The upshot is we get some sort of pseudo-investigative role. Seriously, I don't know how both sides are remotely equal.

Advantages of my plan:

1. Powers up the most explicitly pro-town House
2. Destroys the tricky-to-use House
3. Minimizes movement
4. Is the easiest to execute during the day (also nothing to sneeze at) today
5. Powers up the most explicitly anti-town House (but we get to see what the are) BUT
6. constrains the anti-town House - if scum tries to take the action, they're outing themselves
7. Maximizes targets for the pro-town House

Disadvantages of my plan:

1. Permanently destroys a House
2. Any conventional PRs in Baratheon are constrained (though this hurts scum too if they have a roleblocker or something)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: September 15, 2014, 04:11:29 pm »

PPE 2

Are we really haggling for one movement?

No. We're haggling that Lannister is a crap power and it's better to empower 2 Houses instead, 1 of which is amazing (and 1 of which is terrible, but if empBarath is full vig or something instead that's something worth using maybe) etc. etc. etc.

Why should be haggling about that, when we can just check?

There's more than one movement at stake here. (And one movement is nothing to sneeze at)

I honestly think that it is. People stuck in Stark/Targaryen are not a problem.

WW, can Targ's power be used against town?

It can be used against Town or Scum.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #705 on: September 15, 2014, 04:12:29 pm »

5. should be under "disadvantages", but other than that, I stand by the list.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: September 15, 2014, 04:13:40 pm »

Do we vote for the leader in PM's or in the QT. If its in Pm's do we get to see who was voted the leader? And for future If we lynch the last person in a house but are sending people into that house for the night will it dissolve before people are able to get in it?
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: September 15, 2014, 04:16:23 pm »

Do we vote for the leader in PM's or in the QT. If its in Pm's do we get to see who was voted the leader? And for future If we lynch the last person in a house but are sending people into that house for the night will it dissolve before people are able to get in it?

Votes are public in the QTs.

A house dissolves when at the start of a new game phase, no players are left in that house.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: September 15, 2014, 04:18:12 pm »

hmm ok but I think at the start of a phase people also join. I'm going to assume that means we can still join that house if we lynch the last person. But it probably doesn't matter as I don't think that situation will arise.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: September 15, 2014, 04:19:27 pm »

Does the Hand of the King strongman apply to scum kills ?

Yes.

Just remembered why I asked that.

This is a point in favor of empowering Baratheon, since we don't intend to elect a Hand of the King at all in Stannis is king. If Joffrey is King, we will elect a hand of the king since we'll probably want to use the empowered Lannister power, thus taking the risk of giving strongman to scum and negating the Stark power.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: September 15, 2014, 04:23:46 pm »

Does the Hand of the King strongman apply to scum kills ?

Yes.

Just remembered why I asked that.

This is a point in favor of empowering Baratheon, since we don't intend to elect a Hand of the King at all in Stannis is king. If Joffrey is King, we will elect a hand of the king since we'll probably want to use the empowered Lannister power, thus taking the risk of giving strongman to scum and negating the Stark power.

Oh i didn't even think of that. good call.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: September 15, 2014, 04:29:15 pm »

but is it even good for scum if the factional kill is unblockable? if he kills someone who was doctored, he basically reveals himself.

or am i missing something?

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: September 15, 2014, 04:32:48 pm »

but is it even good for scum if the factional kill is unblockable? if he kills someone who was doctored, he basically reveals himself.

Oh. Yeah. That's a good point. I mean he could claim the doctor/bodyguard was roleblocked but yeah.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: September 15, 2014, 04:33:57 pm »

Oh. Yeah. That's a good point. I mean he could claim the doctor/bodyguard was roleblocked but yeah.

I don't follow. Are you talking about a strongman priming or igniting, or what? The mafia NK will be secret like always.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: September 15, 2014, 04:35:04 pm »

Silverspawn seems strangely confused to me this game.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: September 15, 2014, 04:35:15 pm »

I don't follow. Are you talking about a strongman priming or igniting, or what? The mafia NK will be secret like always.

Because if whoever is protected dies, we know the Hand of the King performed the kill, and we know who the Hand of the King is.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: September 15, 2014, 04:35:40 pm »

Silverspawn seems strangely confused to me this game.

He just made a very astute observation, so I disagree.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: September 15, 2014, 04:36:44 pm »

I would like to note that this a way more fascinating setup than I thought reading it at first. Good job faust !

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: September 15, 2014, 04:37:14 pm »

Because if whoever is protected dies, we know the Hand of the King performed the kill, and we know who the Hand of the King is.

Assuming scum doesn't have a JOAT with strongman, or anything else that can mess with it. But I do see what you are saying.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: September 15, 2014, 04:38:09 pm »

Oh, you're right, I'm completely wrong.  Sorry.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #720 on: September 15, 2014, 04:39:02 pm »

I need a Baratheon to ask if they can elect a Hand of the King and then the Hand of the King chooses "No Action" for the arsonist power. Is that legal? I assume faust would not answer me.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: September 15, 2014, 04:39:27 pm »

Lunch time! ok here are my reads

1. silverspawn - null
2. pacovf - nullish scum
3. ashersky - townish
4. Hydrad - IC obviously
5. Witherweaver - about 90% IC. I agree that no scum should do that and I'm not going to lynch him for a while. But if hes somehow still alive at the last 3 or something I'm going to consider him and not give him a free pass like everyone else seems too
6. Teproc - slight town
7. XerxesPraelor - I see him as scummy. His vote on me had really no context. It was just a vote on me. He also hasn't posted much so people are forgetting that hes in this game which is what scum wants I think
8. EgorK - mini scum read? actually probably more null. Egork has barely been in this game at all but from him I'm getting a more unavailable vibe then a trying to hide vibe. Not really sure why.
9. Robz888 - slight scum read. Not as scummy as XP but still don't like it. This isn't how he normally plays but I'm feeling its also a more unavailable feeling then anything.
10. Ichimaru Gin - town read
11. pingpongsam - scummy also.
12. azadin - null
13. Voltaire - town

Overall even though I know its not happening I'm still in favor of tar claiming since I'm pretty sure that there is at least one scum in that area. But as long as WW gets voted to use the power I'm ok with them not claiming since i'm pretty sure hes town. If WW dies though I don't feel as good about tar keeping everything secret.

Overall I'm going to Vote: XP I guess this could be considered OMGUS almost but even if that vote was on someone else I would feel the exact same way.

PPE:10

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: September 15, 2014, 04:40:00 pm »

I need a Baratheon to ask if they can elect a Hand of the King and then the Hand of the King chooses "No Action" for the arsonist power. Is that legal? I assume faust would not answer me.

I'll ask in the QT

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: September 15, 2014, 04:42:54 pm »

Overall I'm going to Vote: XP I guess this could be considered OMGUS almost but even if that vote was on someone else I would feel the exact same way.

don't you want to add some quotes? otherwise you expect us to remember/reread everything.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: September 15, 2014, 04:47:43 pm »

Wait, do we know if the empowerment is permanent? If the empowerment condition stops being true, is the power still empowered?

Also, vote: hydrad

this is pretty much the post. He didn't post anything about read before or since this post.

Basically all he has done is early game discussing of the RMM for a bit. then deciding on whether or not he should reveal the tar power. then he dissapeared for a bit and posted this single post. then is gone again.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 120  All

Page created in 2.044 seconds with 20 queries.