Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 120  All

Author Topic: M50: A Song Of Ice And Fire Mafia - Town Wins!  (Read 332361 times)

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
Re: M50: A Song Of Ice And Fire Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #600 on: September 15, 2014, 02:11:13 pm »

putting pressure on him isn't my top priority right now.

I thought it was ?

What's the point of your vote then ?

get him to stop lurking. maybe noone comes up with a better case, and we just end up lynching him
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: September 15, 2014, 02:11:32 pm »

No. That's insane, and I don't think Voltaire was serious when he said that. Stark is a 100% pro-town power for example.
right, that's actually a great point. we shouldn't give up Stark in any case.

But i thought he was serious. Voltaire, were you serious?

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: September 15, 2014, 02:12:44 pm »

something different: Voltaire and ash both said that we should just give up all player roles. does anyone else feel that way?

I tossed out the fun idea that we could actually neuter Baratheon by joining them instead of dissolving them. I don't actually think it's a great idea, but it's worth remembering (and reminding people that House powers can't self-target fellow House members).

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: September 15, 2014, 02:13:58 pm »

But it's not verifiable, if they're both scum.  They can just say they're both in Targ, and since no one else is in Targ and no one else is in Baratheon, we can't tell.

But in this world, you're still in Targ. I think this point might be academic though by now?

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: September 15, 2014, 02:14:29 pm »

something different: Voltaire and ash both said that we should just give up all player roles. does anyone else feel that way?

I tossed out the fun idea that we could actually neuter Baratheon by joining them instead of dissolving them. I don't actually think it's a great idea, but it's worth remembering (and reminding people that House powers can't self-target fellow House members).

Which is actually a good reason to keep Baratheon alive, just as a place for people to be. Otherwsie scum can PoE who will be targetd by the Stark and Lannister powers.

I say we keep Baratheon alive with min 3 people, and these guys have to agree not to use their power.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: September 15, 2014, 02:14:46 pm »

But it's not verifiable, if they're both scum.  They can just say they're both in Targ, and since no one else is in Targ and no one else is in Baratheon, we can't tell.

But in this world, you're still in Targ. I think this point might be academic though by now?

The whole point is to say that WW should not leave Targ.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: September 15, 2014, 02:15:06 pm »

PPE whatever geez this is going fast.

There's no way to check where the Targs are, short of sending someone to their house... which apparently we should never ever do.

I think it puts a little bit of pressure on him. More specifically, if other people start voting to and he gets near L-1, L-2, that will put pressure on him. It's obvious that, if I just voted for him without saying that it's not a very serious vote, it would put more pressure on him, but putting pressure on him isn't my top priority right now.

You are not reaching L-1 by saying he is lurking D1, I don't think so.

...what is your top priority right now?

No. That's insane, and I don't think Voltaire was serious when he said that. Stark is a 100% pro-town power for example.

You keep saying things like this, and I keep saying you speak the sense.

I don't get it.

He, it's a reference to the Incredibles. I did this exact same joke somewhere else in the forum, hence the second part of the joke.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: September 15, 2014, 02:15:29 pm »

I thought it was ?
No, I never said it was. I said it's the point of the vote. My top priority is to appear towny. My strategy for that is, write what I think, always answer quickly to questions, don't think too long between conversations. As long as I don't have anything to cover up, it seems the best to just play honest and spontanious.

I think Egork is an alright lynch, but not a very good one. So that's what I wrote.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: September 15, 2014, 02:15:38 pm »

Huh, Lannister's, too?  That kind of weakens their ability, somewhat, as scum Lannisters can target other Lannisters more freely.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: September 15, 2014, 02:15:47 pm »

Which is actually a good reason to keep Baratheon alive, just as a place for people to be. Otherwsie scum can PoE who will be targetd by the Stark and Lannister powers.

I say we keep Baratheon alive with min 3 people, and these guys have to agree not to use their power.

Actually, this works! They each agree to self-vote, nobody achieves a majority, they don't get to use their power. Anyone who doesn't follow the plan is scum. Only manipulable by scum in a way that gives themselves away. Cool.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: September 15, 2014, 02:16:19 pm »

Huh, Lannister's, too?  That kind of weakens their ability, somewhat, as scum Lannisters can target other Lannisters more freely.

As far as I am aware, the mafia NK is the only ability that does not have this restriction.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: September 15, 2014, 02:16:44 pm »

right, then it's only ash who thinks that, and god knows if he's even serious. So we can probably forget about it for now.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: September 15, 2014, 02:18:10 pm »

As far as I am aware, the mafia NK is the only ability that does not have this restriction.

VT slip?  There could be other individual PRs.

I'm saying, if I'm scum and NK Lannister 1, then Lannister 2 can retribute upon me the next night.  Unless I'm Lannister also, then Lannister 2  can't target me with retribution.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: September 15, 2014, 02:18:37 pm »

though I was referencing this post

I think QTs are massively pro-scum. They have all the info, they can manipulate better.

and not the post where you suggested to do the all baratheon switch

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: September 15, 2014, 02:19:16 pm »

oups, that was about QT's and not about house powers. nvm.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #615 on: September 15, 2014, 02:19:46 pm »

I'm not so opposed to us effectively dissolving all Houses by joining the same one.  It would just make this a vanilla game.

The only issue is whether possible town and scum PRs are balanced without House abilities.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: September 15, 2014, 02:20:30 pm »

Or PR. We don't even know if there's any. But the Hand of the King mentions unblockable, unredirectable. The only power we know of that kinda qualifies is the bodyguard... so right now I think that there probably are a couple of PRs running around; I'd say Mafia probably has something.

right, then it's only ash who thinks that, and god knows if he's even serious.

Oh, I am sure he is. Whether you want to trust him or not...

I'm saying, if I'm scum and NK Lannister 1, then Lannister 2 can retribute upon me the next night.  Unless I'm Lannister also, then Lannister 2  can't target me with retribution.

Yeah, we have to think about this too.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: September 15, 2014, 02:20:46 pm »

Re-read what I wrote.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: September 15, 2014, 02:21:08 pm »

Oh, nevermind, setup post says ALL PR's have this restriction except the night kill.

PPE: yeah

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: September 15, 2014, 02:22:15 pm »

Re-read what I wrote.

So my (other) point still stands right?  Lannister scum can NK Lannister Town, but other Lannisters cannot retaliate because scum is a Lannister.  Right?

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: September 15, 2014, 02:22:36 pm »

I'm not so opposed to us effectively dissolving all Houses by joining the same one.  It would just make this a vanilla game.

The only issue is whether possible town and scum PRs are balanced without House abilities.

I think it's very likely that it's not. Though, we do have you, so maybe it is.

and, if we want to dissolve houses, wouldn't it be best to all join stark? that way, the only power left is bodyguard, which is always pro town. or maybe, empower stark, then have a doctor, a bodyguard, and an IC. that seems like not the worst scenario.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: September 15, 2014, 02:23:16 pm »

I think it's very likely that it's not. Though, we do have you, so maybe it is.

and, if we want to dissolve houses, wouldn't it be best to all join stark? that way, the only power left is bodyguard, which is always pro town. or maybe, empower stark, then have a doctor, a bodyguard, and an IC. that seems like not the worst scenario.

But we can't use them on anyone.  Unless they leave at a later time.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: September 15, 2014, 02:23:54 pm »

Hmm ok so apparently PRs too would be neutered by everybody joining the same house.

...But wouldn't that be boring? I'm sure you would make Faust cry from all the mechanics we are not using.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: September 15, 2014, 02:24:57 pm »

All PRs are only able to target players of a House other than their own

oh well, it doesn't work then. I wasn't sure if that goes for all house powers, but it does.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: September 15, 2014, 02:25:31 pm »

So my (other) point still stands right?  Lannister scum can NK Lannister Town, but other Lannisters cannot retaliate because scum is a Lannister.  Right?

Lannister could never retaliate unless they were the Town who was NK'd (and was saved somehow), since the Lannister power is to use an action USED ON YOU by the person you are targeting.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 120  All

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 19 queries.