Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Uplifting Game  (Read 2135 times)

shark_bait

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: shark_bait
  • Luckyfin and Land of Hinter for iso aliases
  • Respect: +1868
    • View Profile
Uplifting Game
« on: August 26, 2014, 12:22:36 pm »
+13

So there's a lot of threads around detailing rage against slow playing opponents, ragers, etc.  But there isn't as much for games with uplifting and courteous opponents.

I just played this game against Franz Weisser who truly had a phenomenal attitude after sitting through my longish turns of urchin clicking followed by a Beggar fueled Mercenary.  It was nice to play someone who thouroughly enjoyed the experience of the game and didn't rage about luck in any way.  If FW were a forumer I would link a random post to +1 but as such I'd recommend finding him on Goko.  Chat log of game below. 

FW:  Never had the kings court once, now you're leading again I think
FW:  Nice to learn something here
FW:  =)
FW:  I have to go
FW:  Great game!
SB:  okay, sorry for the long turns
FW:  no worries
SB:  clicking "no" for urchin every time is really tedious
FW:  it was a pleasure
FW:  it is  :)
SB:  yw  :)
FW:  have a good day
SB:  you too!

I kinda get tunnel vision and ignore chat during the game, just my style I guess.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 12:37:40 pm by shark_bait »
Hello.  Name's Bruce.  It's all right.  I understand.  Why trust a shark, right?

Is quite curious - Who is the mystical "Celestial Chameleon"?

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
Re: Uplifting Game
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 03:59:10 pm »
+1

I've played some nice people, but yeah, too few. Some people discuss the game as it goes a long, pointing out things we both could have done better. It's nice to be able to chat with your opponent without it being about how lucky you are, or how you're willing to sit through their tantrum of slow playing rage.

noughtpointzero

• Pearl Diver
  • Respect: +20
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2014, 04:42:24 am »

This is funny, I am relatively new to Dominion, having only discovered it at Christmas, but I have yet to encounter a bad player. Although for all I know the times when my opponent had "connection trouble" they were just raging. From my experience I would say the majority of players are fairly nice so it may just be a minority who are being jerks?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12846
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2014, 04:54:45 am »
+1

Yeah, it's definitely a minority who are jerks. But those who are particularly nice are a smaller minority.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

noughtpointzero

• Pearl Diver
  • Respect: +20
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2014, 06:55:25 am »
+3

Yeah, it's definitely a minority who are jerks. But those who are particularly nice are a smaller minority.

I'm going to make an effort to be more friendly and talkative from now on. Spread the love!
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 21 queries.