Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: 2014 US Open  (Read 844 times)

theory

• Administrator
  • Respect: +6125
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
2014 US Open
« on: August 25, 2014, 06:36:08 pm »

Just got back today and it was a great experience.  Watched Kyrgios upset Youzhny -- Youzhny had clearly been coached to make high-percentage shots all day, but Kyrgios ended up blasting Youzhny off the court.  Man that kid's serve is nuts.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Re: 2014 US Open
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2014, 01:07:55 am »

That Monfils-Federer match.  Wow.  Just wow. 

I went to Buffalo Wild Wings to watch the season opener of the NFL, but they also had a TV with that match on.  I quickly lost interest in the NFL game as Monfils went up 2-0 against Federer.  Then the comeback.  Monfils getting to double-match point then Federer responding with some brilliant play was the turning point in the match.  I was texting a friend early on during the second set and mentioned how cool and collected Federer seemed to be playing (however poorly compared to later sets) against the much more energetic Monfils, and I predicted that Federer would come back unless Monfils finished him off early.  That turned out to be exactly the case, especially in the 5th set, where it was an entirely drained Monfils playing after spending so much energy getting there.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.193 seconds with 21 queries.