Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Apprentice Print and Play!  (Read 1690 times)

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
  • Respect: +932
    • View Profile
Apprentice Print and Play!
« on: August 25, 2014, 06:07:22 pm »

This summer I've been working on designing and testing a game. I ran it as a forum game on here a couple of times (one game is ongoing) and I mentioned in this thread that it was recently selected as a finalist in the Korea Board Games annual board game design contest. Well, while the game may still undergo some (hopefully mostly) minor changes, I am ready to make it available here as a print and play!

The idea of the game is that each player is a sorcerer's apprentice trying to learn spells and create potions to gain the most victory points within 24 hours (rounds). The game is built around a core mechanic I'm calling breadcrumbing; with every action you take, you leave something behind that makes that action more powerful-and more expensive-in the future. It's a mechanic that works very well, and the game as a whole is tactical, strategic, and really fun (if I may toot my own horn).

Apprentice accommodates 2-4 players and takes about 15 minutes per player. I'm working on a variant for 2 players that should up the strategic ante. Outside of the print and play files, some components will be needed. They're detailed at the top of the rules. There are a fair few components needed, especially with more players, but they are really generic; you could even use colored pieces of paper for many of them.

A lot of people have contributed to this game, I want to especially thank the people who've playtested on here as well as pacovf! I'd be happy to run another forum game if there was interest.

Let me know what you think!
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 20 queries.