Miscellaneous > General Discussion

Visual novels

(1/11) > >>

Awaclus:
Anyone else into these? I'm still a n00b, having only read three, but I'm sure that number's going to increase in the future.

I just finished reading Kara no Shoujo for the first time... damn, that was powerful. Since I followed the walkthrough at tlwiki, I didn't get to the true ending yet, so some questions were left unanswered, but despite that, wow. It's probably the most twisted thing I've ever read.

jsh357:
I have played a lot of them.  Ghost Trick is my favorite (though it leans on the adventure side of things).  In spite of the genre's reputation, there is a little bit of something for everyone out there.  There's just also a lot of creepy stuff.  Other easy recommendations are Ace Attorney and 999/VLR.

The most recent VN I played was Tsukihime, which is a vampire story (yawn these days, I know) but it has a nicely done atmosphere.  (There are adult scenes in it, fair warning.  Though that applies to a hefty percentage of VNs so it's almost pointless to mention)

I'd say the most disturbing VN I ever played was Saya no Uta.  I didn't actually finish it, though I Googled the rest of the story.  You should not play that one if you have a weak stomach.  In fact, I wouldn't even look it up since there's some terrifying imagery in there.

Titandrake:
The only VN I've played is Dangan Ronpa, but I liked it a lot.

The premise is essentially a darker version of Ace Attorney, lots of fun characters...that may die at any point.

Gveoniz:
I have only played 3 visual novels. Umineko no Naku Koro ni is my favorite one. It also involves lots of fun characters...that may die at any point...multiple times.

Awaclus:

--- Quote from: jsh357 on August 24, 2014, 09:48:05 pm ---I'd say the most disturbing VN I ever played was Saya no Uta.  I didn't actually finish it, though I Googled the rest of the story.  You should not play that one if you have a weak stomach.  In fact, I wouldn't even look it up since there's some terrifying imagery in there.

--- End quote ---
That's my favorite so far. As disturbing as it is, it's also incredibly cute and wonderful at the same time, and I guess a part of what made it easier for me to read than Kara no Shoujo is that the deranged scenes are spread out over the length of the entire VN and then you get used to it, as opposed to being concentrated in a dozen of extremely brutal murder scenes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version