Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 230  All

Author Topic: Random Stuff Part II  (Read 1217888 times)

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
Re: Random Stuff Part II
« Reply #4900 on: July 08, 2015, 01:00:32 pm »

Aren't those sites like daily votes or something though?  I think theory is asking for something more like BGG where you just rank webcomics a single time, as a whole.
Sort of both.  I was thinking that you would have an overall ranking of webcomics, but more importantly, that you would rank individual comics within a webcomic to compare those comics internally.  For example, I'd like to be able to compare Penny Arcade #342 to #585, not to SMBC #4441.  This is a good way of seeing which comics people think are the "best" for a particular webcomic series.

I think that would be unrealistic though.  I still haven't bothered to put my board game collection on BGG and rate them.  Rating every individual comic is just blah.  Maybe if there were a widget right from the comic page, but that's not going to help with the backlog.

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +2219
    • View Profile
« Reply #4901 on: July 08, 2015, 03:23:15 pm »

So this is a little awkward.

The intranet has a link to e-mail HR. I had a health insurance question, so I clicked on the link to ask my question. I realize now that the link sends it to a distribution list and not a shared mailbox, so I sent the same question to 10 people, including the VP of HR. Who advertises a distribution list as a means of contact anyway?
A man has no signature

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +856
    • View Profile
« Reply #4902 on: July 08, 2015, 09:15:23 pm »
+1

The intranet has a link to e-mail HR. I had a health insurance question, so I clicked on the link to ask my question. I realize now that the link sends it to a distribution list and not a shared mailbox, so I sent the same question to 10 people, including the VP of HR. Who advertises a distribution list as a means of contact anyway?
Did you mean to post this in the "f.ds at work" thread?
Quote from: Donald X.
Posting begets posting.

Quote from: Asper
Donald X made me a design snob.

There is a sucker born every minute.

qmech

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: qmech
  • What year is it?
  • Respect: +2320
    • View Profile
« Reply #4903 on: July 09, 2015, 04:43:06 am »
+2

That's by the by now.  The answers are no, yes, and I can't see why you'd want to but yes.

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3676
    • View Profile
« Reply #4904 on: July 09, 2015, 02:22:11 pm »

I just can't win a game of Dominion today. I went from 5000 to 4600.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4905 on: July 09, 2015, 03:27:14 pm »

I'm doing my part as a Nielsen family! Yay!

Like many surveys, this one entices you to participate with cash incentives. That's all well and good, but I would think that the ability to shape future entertainment decisions would be motivation enough.

Although there is some bias already at work. By knowing that my viewing habits will be recorded this week, I can't help but decide to skip over bad shows/movies and watch all the good shows on my DVR. Not that I need to rewatch the last episode of Game of Thrones, but I might be tempted to go ahead and do so over the weekend.

It's really hard to be without bias here. Granted, I'm sure that everyone else with a diary isn't being without bias.
A man has no signature

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7861
    • View Profile
« Reply #4906 on: July 09, 2015, 03:29:16 pm »
+2

Like many surveys, this one entices you to participate with cash incentives. That's all well and good, but I would think that the ability to shape future entertainment decisions would be motivation enough.

Although there is some bias already at work. By knowing that my viewing habits will be recorded this week, I can't help but decide to skip over bad shows/movies and watch all the good shows on my DVR. Not that I need to rewatch the last episode of Game of Thrones, but I might be tempted to go ahead and do so over the weekend.

It's really hard to be without bias here. Granted, I'm sure that everyone else with a diary isn't being without bias.

Please go skew Hannibal ratings favorably.  kthx.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12847
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #4907 on: July 09, 2015, 03:34:16 pm »
+3

I might have upvoted this, but then I didn't want to break your quadros.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5345
    • View Profile
« Reply #4908 on: July 09, 2015, 03:37:30 pm »
+1

You could also have upvoted 1.110 more of his posts.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7861
    • View Profile
« Reply #4909 on: July 09, 2015, 03:38:00 pm »
+1

Or just upvote me 40,000 more times.  Easy.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #4910 on: July 09, 2015, 03:45:25 pm »

I know how to upvote 1 more of his posts, but how can I upvote 0.110 of them?
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25671
    • View Profile
« Reply #4911 on: July 09, 2015, 03:56:06 pm »
+5

Once, some people wanted to make a documentary about Nielsen families. The Nielsen people did not cooperate. They explained that a show about Nielsen families would be of special interest to Nielsen families, and so would wreck their ratings for that night.

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4912 on: July 09, 2015, 03:58:47 pm »

Once, some people wanted to make a documentary about Nielsen families. The Nielsen people did not cooperate. They explained that a show about Nielsen families would be of special interest to Nielsen families, and so would wreck their ratings for that night.

Not sure if joke or just a hilarious true story.

Also, I wrecked your even 9000 respect, so take that, Dominion creator.
A man has no signature

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #4913 on: July 09, 2015, 04:03:04 pm »
+2

inb4 Vegeta

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4914 on: July 09, 2015, 04:08:55 pm »

you just lost the game.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5345
    • View Profile
« Reply #4915 on: July 09, 2015, 04:27:55 pm »

I know how to upvote 1 more of his posts, but how can I upvote 0.110 of them?

I forgot americans use the dot where we use a comma... You see, where i come from, the dot is, if anything, used to mark the thousand. So i'm talking about 1110 posts.

I would be worried that this makes me look like a fool, but on the other hand it gave me the opportunity to explain a joke, and we all know that's good per se.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #4916 on: July 09, 2015, 04:31:08 pm »

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4917 on: July 09, 2015, 07:47:49 pm »
+1

OMG! How could he hold the laser still in that bowl? Is he a wizard?
A man has no signature

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4918 on: July 10, 2015, 01:36:05 am »

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4919 on: July 10, 2015, 02:36:38 pm »

I will recall an e-mail message and resend it just to make sure the comma I omitted is omitted no longer. I am that serious about punctuation.
A man has no signature

Darth Vader

• Young Witch
  • You don't know the power of the draw card
  • Respect: +314
    • View Profile
    • Best Site Ever
« Reply #4920 on: July 10, 2015, 10:53:24 pm »
+2

I will recall an e-mail message and resend it just to make sure the comma I omitted is omitted no longer. I am that serious about punctuation.

You seem competent. Want a job on with deck crew, to prepare for my arrival? I have to replace the guy I choked  :'(

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4921 on: July 12, 2015, 12:16:17 pm »

My face is now firmly planted within my palm.

One of my Facebook friends took that online IQ test that is going around. You may have seen it with the claim that the average US IQ is 98, so let's see how well you do. I'm not sure if the quiz automatically shares to Facebook or if my friend made the conscious decision, but now everyone on Facebook knows that he scored 81 (the top 79%!). I just kind of cringed at that.

Not that I place any stock in online IQ tests anyway, but one should hide all evidence of getting an 81.
A man has no signature

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #4922 on: July 12, 2015, 12:26:57 pm »
+2

Not that I place any stock in online IQ tests anyway, but one should hide all evidence of getting an 81.

Well, if anything, online IQ tests give you higher results than you should be getting.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4923 on: July 12, 2015, 12:36:58 pm »

My face is now firmly planted within my palm.

One of my Facebook friends took that online IQ test that is going around. You may have seen it with the claim that the average US IQ is 98, so let's see how well you do. I'm not sure if the quiz automatically shares to Facebook or if my friend made the conscious decision, but now everyone on Facebook knows that he scored 81 (the top 79%!). I just kind of cringed at that.

IQs are a total lie.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10721
    • View Profile
« Reply #4924 on: July 12, 2015, 12:38:26 pm »
+4

The last time I took an IQ test was over a decade ago. My IQ was 30-something. I can't remember my exact score because I'm not very bright.
Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 230  All

Page created in 0.103 seconds with 21 queries.