Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 230  All

Author Topic: Random Stuff Part II  (Read 1224039 times)

GeoLib

• Jester
  • Respect: +1265
    • View Profile
Re: Random Stuff Part II
« Reply #2725 on: January 19, 2015, 12:44:51 pm »
+3

One effective technique is to have lots of married friends. When the inevitable divorce occurs be there for the rebound.

This is great advice if you're not looking for anything long-term.  Hoping to get into a long-term relationship with a recent divorcee is a quest that is likely to fail.

Edit: Full disclosure: my current wife succeeded in that quest, though the relationship there started before I was actually a divorcee.

You dog you.

I recall saying (somewhere upthread?  Or perhaps in another thread?) that I would tell this story someday.  I may actually have time for that at some point.  As a bonus teaser, my current wife was a groomsperson in my first wedding.

I call dibs on licensing the story for flavor in a Mafia game on f.DS.  Would your current wife be available to co-mod?

Uh-oh, more fodder for out of context.

Edit: What are the freakin odds that my posts are almost always at the top of the next page?

About 1 in 25.

Only if you're one of those lame people who leaves the default 25 messages per page.
"All advice is awful"
 —Count Grishnakh

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #2726 on: January 19, 2015, 12:56:42 pm »
+1

One effective technique is to have lots of married friends. When the inevitable divorce occurs be there for the rebound.

This is great advice if you're not looking for anything long-term.  Hoping to get into a long-term relationship with a recent divorcee is a quest that is likely to fail.

Edit: Full disclosure: my current wife succeeded in that quest, though the relationship there started before I was actually a divorcee.

You dog you.

I recall saying (somewhere upthread?  Or perhaps in another thread?) that I would tell this story someday.  I may actually have time for that at some point.  As a bonus teaser, my current wife was a groomsperson in my first wedding.

I call dibs on licensing the story for flavor in a Mafia game on f.DS.  Would your current wife be available to co-mod?

Edit: What are the freakin odds that my posts are almost always at the top of the next page?

About 1 in 25.

Only if you're one of those lame people who leaves the default 25 messages per page.

yeah.  50 messages per page is the only way to go
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
  • Respect: +3838
    • View Profile
« Reply #2727 on: January 19, 2015, 01:03:20 pm »
+3

Psche.

pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +856
    • View Profile
« Reply #2728 on: January 19, 2015, 03:23:41 pm »
+4

You dog you.

About 1 in 25.

yeah.  50 messages per page is the only way to go
Mine only goes to 11.
Quote from: Donald X.
Posting begets posting.

Quote from: Asper
Donald X made me a design snob.

There is a sucker born every minute.

ashersky

• Mountebank
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1520
    • View Profile
« Reply #2729 on: January 19, 2015, 03:29:10 pm »
+1

When I was in Iraq, I saw so many men who cheated on their wives.

So sorry, I cannot say I'm a fan of the action.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7866
    • View Profile
« Reply #2730 on: January 19, 2015, 03:39:05 pm »
+4

But how many messages per page did they display while they cheated on their wives?

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3680
    • View Profile
« Reply #2731 on: January 19, 2015, 04:27:16 pm »

Best moment in the entire 4 1/2 hour Stream with Elanchana. If you can't view it yet, that's because it is still processing.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2732 on: January 19, 2015, 04:36:55 pm »
+2

Best moment in the entire 4 1/2 hour Stream with Elanchana. If you can't view it yet, that's because it is still processing.

I read "processing" as "processioning" like four times.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2733 on: January 19, 2015, 04:39:28 pm »
+3

I read "processing" as "processioning" like four times.

Video Processing

Play a video in your YouTube channel twice. Delete the video, and gain a subscription.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2734 on: January 19, 2015, 04:42:44 pm »
+2

*Sigh*, I guess I'll explain my own joke then.

I was going to say that it should be "perspire", but it seems that "transpire" works too.

The difference between the two is that whether you do the latter or not is up to the Emperor.

...I'm still sad no one got my Christopher Lee triple reference, though. I thought it was moderately witty.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2735 on: January 19, 2015, 04:48:10 pm »
+2

popsofctown: How do you meet women?

pacovf: Make really, really obscure references.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2736 on: January 19, 2015, 04:53:33 pm »
+13

This belongs here:

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2737 on: January 19, 2015, 04:57:26 pm »
+12

Looks like this goes here, too.  And, I want it.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2738 on: January 19, 2015, 05:04:40 pm »
+2

References to Star Wars are not obscure!

They are either light or dark.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2739 on: January 19, 2015, 05:06:04 pm »

"Do or do not.  There is no try." is not obscure.  That reference to Star Wars was obscure.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9413
    • View Profile
« Reply #2740 on: January 19, 2015, 05:13:22 pm »

To be honest, it's one of the worst things I've ever done to someone.  As I said, it's a very long and nuanced story.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2741 on: January 19, 2015, 05:39:43 pm »

"Do or do not.  There is no try." is not obscure.  That reference to Star Wars was obscure.

Wait, you are telling me you still don't know all Palpatine quotes by heart? Well then, let me help you:

(starts at 1m12s)
(definitely belongs here)

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2742 on: January 19, 2015, 05:41:46 pm »

I apologize. This is the link.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2743 on: January 19, 2015, 05:44:48 pm »

To be honest, it's one of the worst things I've ever done to someone.  As I said, it's a very long and nuanced story.

Well, now you have my curiosity: what is the worst thing you've ever done to someone? Should we be afraid?

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
  • Respect: +3349
    • View Profile
« Reply #2744 on: January 19, 2015, 06:02:53 pm »

This one is unlikely, but... anyone who wants a PAL Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate demo download code, I have 3 spare and probably one person IRL who might be interested. So PM me if you want one.
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
  • Respect: +289
    • View Profile
« Reply #2745 on: January 19, 2015, 06:32:49 pm »

This reminds me. I have an extra copy of Titan Quest Gold on Steam that I have no use for. Also 2 copies of Castle Crashers. They're just sitting in my inventory doing nothing--and probably will forever.

PM me if you want one.

Edit: 1 copy of Castle Crashers taken.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 06:36:59 pm by Ichimaru Gin »

sitnaltax

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +490
    • View Profile
« Reply #2746 on: January 19, 2015, 11:39:14 pm »
+5

How do you meet women?  I'm pretty sure the only good way is to not try and to do it by accident.

Two ways.

The first way, as several others have suggested, is to meet friends-of-friends. If this isn't proceeding as quickly as you'd like, try to consciously increase the variety of your social engagements--go out with people you otherwise wouldn't from work/school/church/hobbies/whatever. Overextend yourself and plan to cut back later. In this step the object is not to meet women; it's to meet people you get along with well, eventually you will meet up with their broader social groups, and this is the wide pool of people where you are likely, eventually, to run across someone.

Note: At some point in this process you are going to run into someone who is OMGPERFECT except she will be totally taken/about to take monastic vows/not interested in you/moving across the country next month. Don't despair. Iit means you're on the right track, and also, she has friends.

The other method is online dating. This works best if you are good at expressing your personality and sense of humor in writing, and ideally if you are reasonably photogenic. You'll hear scary stories of the gender ratio being awful. That may be the case, but the ratio of quality men to quality women isn't that bad. As a guy online dating, the difficulty you will encounter is that you'll encounter the profiles of women who seem totally perfect, but they won't write back. This will be frustrating to you unless you understand the difficulty of women online dating, which is this: being swamped by unwanted attention from low-quality men who are either flailing around desperately, or who are just there to get their rocks off by harassing women. My understanding is that being on the receiving end of this is emotionally draining--this seems reasonable--so sometimes, through nobody's fault, your heartfelt greetings fall into a pit of frustration and anger. To avoid too much pain on your own end, then, be sincere, kind, funny, and brief. Don't invest too much emotional energy in anyone online until you've met.

Depending on your levels of enthusiasm and energy, you can try these methods in parallel.

There is a popular idea about meeting people on the street or in bars and clubs. I suppose this works for some people, but if you were the kind of person this worked for, you would know. I am definitely not one of those people.

If you have ever seen the TV show How I Met Your Mother, do your best to forget everything in it. Ted is a tool who goes about pretty much everything completely wrong, from the idea that there is a "The One" out there to the way he meets women to the way he treats them at every turn; and then fails to learn from his mistakes, or does it painfully slowly.

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25712
    • View Profile
« Reply #2747 on: January 19, 2015, 11:45:09 pm »
+11

If you have ever seen the TV show How I Met Your Mother, do your best to forget everything in it.
But what about Three's Company? I can still rely on that, right? I hope so, I've got two dates tonight that I have to manage at the same time in different restaurants.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1084
    • View Profile
« Reply #2748 on: January 20, 2015, 08:44:22 pm »
+2

I was reading the directions page for MAGfest and came across this gem:

BY MOTHERFUCKING BOAT

If you have a motherfucking boat, you're welcome to dock it right next to the hotel. Find more information about reserving a space for your motherfucking boat at the National Harbor Marina information page.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 08:46:21 pm by AndrewisFTTW »
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #2749 on: January 21, 2015, 12:20:02 am »

:|
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 230  All

Page created in 2.626 seconds with 22 queries.