Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 230  All

Author Topic: Random Stuff Part II  (Read 1217699 times)

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
  • Respect: +3838
    • View Profile
Re: Random Stuff Part II
« Reply #925 on: October 07, 2014, 08:27:09 am »

You are not eating your hair, right? The stomach can't digest hair, so it will eventually build up there and you would need an operation to get rid of it.

I am a supporter of short hair. It's so much more convenient.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7861
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: October 07, 2014, 08:27:43 am »
+1

It could be the pink dye....

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12846
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #927 on: October 07, 2014, 08:36:55 am »
+2

but hair tastes really bad.
You should try washing it.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3188
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: October 07, 2014, 08:44:07 am »

You are not eating your hair, right?
no. that would be gross.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3188
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: October 07, 2014, 08:45:53 am »

but hair tastes really bad.
You should try washing it.
why do you think it smells so good? <_<

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
  • Respect: +777
    • View Profile
« Reply #930 on: October 07, 2014, 08:46:41 am »
+1

You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +2219
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: October 07, 2014, 09:29:16 am »

I've started to chew on my hair a lot... but hair tastes really bad. i should try to drop this habit, but that's not easy. maybe i have to get short hair again.

difficult problems right here.

When I had long hair, I had a habit of chewing on it. I've seen some girls do it too. It's just one of those habits that some people have when they have long hair.

My cure was to shave it all off, but I didn't shave it off because I was chewing it. Really, I didn't even see the chewing as a problem. I suppose it might have been unsightly. Certainly it would have been offputting if I did that during a business meeting, but I don't think my habit was so bad that I made it a public spectacle.

So no idea how to solve that, other than removing the hair. That's not something I endorse easily because I know that when it's gone, you can't really get it back.

Well, okay, I probably could grow my hair out again, but I would end up looking a lot like Riff Raff.
A man has no signature

jonts26

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jonts
  • Respect: +3668
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: October 07, 2014, 10:20:59 am »

http://eduscapes.com/nonfiction/images/nprinfographic.jpg

I am kind of disappointed where they put Patrick Rothfuss' Kingkiller Chronicles on this chart.  I could really see those books following the flow chart down to where A Song of Ice and Fire and The Stormlight Archive are located under incomplete series.  Speaking of which, I need to start reading The Way of Kings, which a friend recommended to me, I bought, but have yet to begin reading.

I enjoyed it. Is this series ever gonna get finished? I haven't heard anything in a long time.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: October 07, 2014, 10:26:03 am »

You are not eating your hair, right? The stomach can't digest hair, so it will eventually build up there and you would need an operation to get rid of it.

No.  The stomach also can't digest cellulose, but you're supposed to eat several grams a day of cellulose.  Your body will pass hair out of your intestines just like poorly-chewed food.

Also, dude, my three-year-old has almost stopped chewing her hair.  You can too...
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1084
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: October 07, 2014, 10:27:31 am »
+7

Alright who the hell took the username AndrewisFTTW on Spotify? This isn't funny.

EDIT: Oh, I did. Weird.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 10:29:59 am by AndrewisFTTW »
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +2219
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: October 07, 2014, 10:30:14 am »

Man, got stomped by Omnitron last night in Sentinels. That normally doesn't happen.

Our first mistake was fighting it in Rook City. It also doesn't help that Haka and the Naturalist couldn't keep the damage output consistently high. Absolute Zero and Argent Adept theoretically could kick ass, but Omnitron has a nasty habit of wiping cards in play, and they both just floundered the entire game.

It was brutal.
A man has no signature

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: October 07, 2014, 10:34:12 am »

I am kind of disappointed where they put Patrick Rothfuss' Kingkiller Chronicles on this chart.  I could really see those books following the flow chart down to where A Song of Ice and Fire and The Stormlight Archive are located under incomplete series.  Speaking of which, I need to start reading The Way of Kings, which a friend recommended to me, I bought, but have yet to begin reading.

I enjoyed it. Is this series ever gonna get finished? I haven't heard anything in a long time.

The Kingkiller Chronicles?  Probably 2015 for the third book.  Stormlight Archive just released its second book not too long ago, so I wouldn't expect the next one for a couple years.  The nice thing about Sanderson is he actually tells you his progress on his page: http://brandonsanderson.com/

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: October 07, 2014, 10:40:05 am »
+5

jonts26

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jonts
  • Respect: +3668
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: October 07, 2014, 11:11:48 am »
+1

The Kingkiller Chronicles?  Probably 2015 for the third book.  Stormlight Archive just released its second book not too long ago, so I wouldn't expect the next one for a couple years.  The nice thing about Sanderson is he actually tells you his progress on his page: http://brandonsanderson.com/

The other nice thing about Sanderson is he's a writing machine.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
  • Respect: +1364
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: October 07, 2014, 11:24:38 am »

The other nice thing about Sanderson is he's a writing machine.
Sanderson is, like, the best author EVUR.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: October 07, 2014, 11:25:35 am »
+1

His standalone books are really good, too.  Elantris and Warbreaker were exceptional.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
  • Respect: +932
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: October 07, 2014, 11:36:54 am »
+1

Someone mentioned Elantris on here somewhere and I picked it up on Amazon. Reading it now.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: October 07, 2014, 11:38:10 am »

No.  The stomach also can't digest cellulose, but you're supposed to eat several grams a day of cellulose.  Your body will pass hair out of your intestines just like poorly-chewed food.

Hair gets stuck in your stomach just the same way it gets stuck in your sink. The clinical name of the condition is Trichobezoar (google it if you want pretty pictures); note that cats vomit hairballs, rather than get rid of them the normal way.
It's usually only a problem for humans when they are compulsively eating hair, which is rare, but it can prove fatal if not treated in time.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
  • An enormous walrus the size of Antarctica
  • Respect: +1793
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: October 07, 2014, 11:49:19 am »
+7

Bear in mind though that a bezoar acts as an antidote to most poisons. So it might actually be a benefit.

(Note however I am not a licensed doctor or potions master)
My Dominion videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WalrusMcFishSr   <---Bet you can't click on that!

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: October 07, 2014, 12:02:38 pm »

Well, you need to add mandragora root, and the screaming variety is pretty hard to find these days.

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
  • Respect: +3347
    • View Profile
« Reply #945 on: October 07, 2014, 12:05:13 pm »
+1

I think the tilt attacks are easy to do. Except for up tilt if you have tap jump enabled. On the other hand, I sometimes fail making smash attacks. I blame the silly circle pad thingie...

I have to disagree. Lightly tap the control stick (or circle pad on 3DS), do a Smash attack. Tilt it more slowly, do a jab. I've never managed to find a middle ground that makes tilts easy to do quickly.

Fortunately, the GCN controller has the C stick for tilts, which is nice.

In other Smash news, release date finally announced: 5th December. I'm happy about that as a release date, except for one little thing: Why does the US get it two weeks earlier, when we got a simultaneous 3DS release?
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10721
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: October 07, 2014, 12:22:04 pm »
+1

In other Smash news, release date finally announced: 5th December. I'm happy about that as a release date, except for one little thing: Why does the US get it two weeks earlier, when we got a simultaneous 3DS release?

We're, uh, tasting it for you. To make sure it's not poisoned.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: October 07, 2014, 01:05:24 pm »

I shouldn't be surprised it's so good conifer ing
I am surprised that it's so good conifering.

Polk5440

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1788
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: October 07, 2014, 02:39:00 pm »

My first guess is that they fell behind on the localization for some regions. This is too important a game for the holiday season to delay all versions until the last one is done.

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
  • Respect: +3347
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: October 07, 2014, 04:52:17 pm »

My first guess is that they fell behind on the localization for some regions. This is too important a game for the holiday season to delay all versions until the last one is done.

Yes, probably. Something in the European version that needed a little extra time - or possibly for the US release to hit that Friday which is Black.
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 230  All

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 21 queries.