Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 230  All

Author Topic: Random Stuff Part II  (Read 1218091 times)

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: Skip Wooznum
  • he/him
  • Respect: +111
    • View Profile
Re: Random Stuff Part II
« Reply #5200 on: August 13, 2015, 09:04:32 pm »

It's wonderful having to grow up
you are aware that your avatar is a character from children's video game? ( :P [so that you know I'm only kidding and it's all in good fun])
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 11:20:24 pm by skip wooznum »

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5345
    • View Profile
« Reply #5201 on: August 13, 2015, 09:35:16 pm »

you are aware that your avatar is a charcter from children's video game? ( :P [so that you know I'm only kidding and it's all in good fun])

This post almost made me change my avatar...

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: Skip Wooznum
  • he/him
  • Respect: +111
    • View Profile
« Reply #5202 on: August 13, 2015, 09:55:00 pm »

you are aware that your avatar is a charcter from children's video game? ( :P [so that you know I'm only kidding and it's all in good fun])

This post almost made me change my avatar...
if eevee changed his avatar I would have immediately deleted it.

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +2219
    • View Profile
« Reply #5203 on: August 13, 2015, 10:34:55 pm »
+1

My avatar is definitely for adults.

"Da clamps!"
A man has no signature

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3676
    • View Profile
« Reply #5204 on: August 13, 2015, 11:02:02 pm »

Based on the tagline 'A Wild Eevee appears', I think he knows.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5205 on: August 14, 2015, 11:53:30 am »

That little thrill when I realize that I could indeed conditionally format a cell in Excel to the minute by adding together the date and time to produce =IF($C2+$E2<NOW(), TRUE, FALSE)=TRUE

I do so much trial and error that it makes me giddy when I try something new that works on the first attempt.
A man has no signature

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
  • Respect: +690
    • View Profile
« Reply #5206 on: August 14, 2015, 12:11:48 pm »
+1

So, I'm thinking about studying Information Technology or Economics in college, and have a good GPA and ACT score, but don't know whether it would be better for me to go to attend a good school (University of Washington) for high fees or a decent school (Utah State University/Boise State University) for cheaper fees. I still have a while before I have to totally decide, but am interested in hearing your guys' opinions on whether a University's prestige will make up for it's high costs or if I would be better off worrying about this sort of thing for grad school.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #5207 on: August 14, 2015, 01:28:31 pm »
+3

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5208 on: August 14, 2015, 03:39:12 pm »

Does anyone play the Fallout Shelter game on a mobile device? I'm downloading it now, but I'm not sure if I should play it. It's gotten some really good reviews, so yay.

I'm sure it's one of those time sinks where you can do more stuff by spending money. I'm not opposed to that, though I doubt I'll spend money on it. Had to repair an AC unit, replace a shower, go to Gen Con, go to Florida, and fix a couple of surprises in our car this year. Trying to slow down the money trickle.
A man has no signature

sitnaltax

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +490
    • View Profile
« Reply #5209 on: August 14, 2015, 06:31:18 pm »
+1

So, I'm thinking about studying Information Technology or Economics in college, and have a good GPA and ACT score, but don't know whether it would be better for me to go to attend a good school (University of Washington) for high fees or a decent school (Utah State University/Boise State University) for cheaper fees. I still have a while before I have to totally decide, but am interested in hearing your guys' opinions on whether a University's prestige will make up for it's high costs or if I would be better off worrying about this sort of thing for grad school.

Software developer here. Save the money. IT hiring is pretty egalitarian in my experience. Once you have 18 months of experience, nobody will care where you did your undergrad. There might be an exception to be made for MIT/Caltech, where you'll get an actually unusual education and reputation and build a network you can't get elsewhere. Even so I would be leery of spending the... how many hundreds of thousands of dollars?

If your interest is more strongly towards economics... I don't know how egalitarian that field is; maybe the reputation of the school matters more there.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 06:35:38 pm by sitnaltax »

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
  • Respect: +3347
    • View Profile
« Reply #5210 on: August 16, 2015, 07:11:10 pm »

I forgot to ask earlier... anyone here have Splatoon? I recently took the plunge (well, considering how much cheaper the game is than most Wii U games, I guess the splash) and got the game, so it'd be nice to add people from here if I haven't already.
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

ConMan

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1705
    • View Profile
« Reply #5211 on: August 16, 2015, 11:21:16 pm »

I forgot to ask earlier... anyone here have Splatoon? I recently took the plunge (well, considering how much cheaper the game is than most Wii U games, I guess the splash) and got the game, so it'd be nice to add people from here if I haven't already.
Yes. I've only played a couple of times, but I've really enjoyed it. I'll try to remember to get my details to add when I'm at home.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2706
    • View Profile
« Reply #5212 on: August 17, 2015, 01:44:10 am »
+2

Okay, I have to ask, am I the only person who can gallop like a horse pretty fast on my hands and knees?  I was just googling for a while, and I only saw some random scientific paper saying one person did, and the paper said that that had never been recorded before or something.  Can anybody else do it?
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3676
    • View Profile
« Reply #5213 on: August 17, 2015, 03:17:07 am »
+5

Okay, I have to ask, am I the only person who can gallop like a horse pretty fast on my hands and knees?  I was just googling for a while, and I only saw some random scientific paper saying one person did, and the paper said that that had never been recorded before or something.  Can anybody else do it?

I want what you're having.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +2144
    • View Profile
« Reply #5214 on: August 17, 2015, 03:34:59 am »

This isn't quite the same thing, but I think there is/was a family of quadruped humans in rural Turkey (they walk on their hands and feet in their normal every day lives).  I would imagine they run like that too.

What counts as "pretty fast"?  I kind of want to try it, but I don't want to look insane.

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5215 on: August 17, 2015, 08:17:36 am »

Okay, I have to ask, am I the only person who can gallop like a horse pretty fast on my hands and knees?

Not sure if hawt.
A man has no signature

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
  • Respect: +3838
    • View Profile
« Reply #5216 on: August 17, 2015, 10:19:32 am »

I can't, my body is not balanced correctly for that sort of motion, because my legs are longer than my arms (duh) and I can't get my back in such a position that both reach the ground in a way that allows my arms to exerce power on the ground. So the motion becomes more like hopping than galloping, with the arms only there for balance, which is a terribly inefficient way to move because my forward momentum pretty much dies every time I get back on my fours. So I move a bit faster than walking, but not by much.

Now you only have to ask to ~6,999,999,999 more people to know the answer.

EDIT: wait, I thought you meant hands and feet, but you said knees. That changes things. I can't do that because I would abrade my knees in a couple of strides.

I kind of want to try it, but I don't want to look insane.

Boo!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 10:41:47 am by pacovf »
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12848
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #5217 on: August 17, 2015, 10:50:44 am »

Now you only have to ask to ~6,999,999,999 more people to know the answer.

He can stop asking when/if someone says they can.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #5218 on: August 17, 2015, 11:03:16 am »

I used to do this when I was little, but only up stairs, which is the only way it works with hands and feet.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

liopoil

• Margrave
  • Respect: +2479
    • View Profile
« Reply #5219 on: August 17, 2015, 11:27:00 am »
+3

This guy can:

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5220 on: August 17, 2015, 12:49:23 pm »
+2

Everybody: I said hands and knees, not hands and feet.  I know plenty of people have done weird stuff on their hands and feet, but I've heard galloping on your hands and feet isn't really that practical.

What counts as "pretty fast"?  I kind of want to try it, but I don't want to look insane.

I've never lost a race when we're on our hands and knees.  I should maybe figure out how fast I'm moving.

EDIT: wait, I thought you meant hands and feet, but you said knees. That changes things. I can't do that because I would abrade my knees in a couple of strides.

It really hurts if you do it on a hard floor or something like it.  The only place I can do it for a while (but I run out of breath pretty quickly) is in a grassy field or a really soft carpet.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #5221 on: August 17, 2015, 01:02:45 pm »
+4

How are you racing this way so often?

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5222 on: August 17, 2015, 01:04:42 pm »
+1

I'll just ask random people whenever I think of it.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7861
    • View Profile
« Reply #5223 on: August 17, 2015, 01:08:57 pm »
+1

So are you beating out the other eight-month-olds?

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5345
    • View Profile
« Reply #5224 on: August 17, 2015, 01:12:09 pm »
+10

Possible reasons to race on hands and knees:
  • Has child
  • Is child
  • Wants to stay connected to inner child
  • Medical reasons
  • Alcohol
  • Does documentary and lives among animals
  • Remote relative of a family living in rural Turkey
  • Was raised by wolves
  • Moat
  • etc
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 230  All

Page created in 0.216 seconds with 20 queries.