Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 230  All

Author Topic: Random Stuff Part II  (Read 1217766 times)

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +2219
    • View Profile
Re: Random Stuff Part II
« Reply #475 on: September 17, 2014, 10:08:35 am »
+2

So I have a playful discourse with someone in the office who laments that she doesn't have anything in her inbox. So I drew a picture of a dam and put it in there to counter my "I don't give a damn" attitude.

Then I drew a picture of a rat's ass and put it in there.

If my work environment was less restrictive (and I knew she wouldn't be offended), I would consider drawing a flying fuck, but I think that will just have to stay in my head and off the paper.

Any other metaphor-like stuff (not that metaphor is the correct term but whatever)?
A man has no signature

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7861
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: September 17, 2014, 10:12:28 am »
+3

So I have a playful discourse with someone in the office who laments that she doesn't have anything in her inbox.

You totally dropped the ball with some sexual-harassment innuendo.

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: September 17, 2014, 11:44:38 am »
+1

So I have a playful discourse with someone in the office who laments that she doesn't have anything in her inbox.

You totally dropped the ball with some sexual-harassment innuendo.

I think of it less of dropping balls and more of ensuring my balls don't end up in HR having a stern talking-to.

But sexual innuendos did fill my head.
A man has no signature

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
  • Respect: +1965
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: September 17, 2014, 12:01:08 pm »
+2

So I have a playful discourse with someone in the office who laments that she doesn't have anything in her inbox. So I drew a picture of a dam and put it in there to counter my "I don't give a damn" attitude.

If my work environment was less restrictive (and I knew she wouldn't be offended), I would consider drawing a flying fuck, but I think that will just have to stay in my head and off the paper.

Any other metaphor-like stuff (not that metaphor is the correct term but whatever)?
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2854
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: September 17, 2014, 02:48:48 pm »
+1

I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: September 17, 2014, 04:44:48 pm »
+5

Wonder if this is the kind of stuff that can be found in Goko's code:

http://imgur.com/gallery/KAh1J

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: September 17, 2014, 04:48:08 pm »
+1

My favorite so far:

Code: [Select]
// I can't divide with zero, so I have to divide with something very similar
result = number/0.00000000000001;

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12846
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #483 on: September 17, 2014, 04:56:12 pm »
+1

My favorite so far:

Code: [Select]
// I can't divide with zero, so I have to divide with something very similar
result = number/0.00000000000001;
+1 for having the correct number of 0s.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: September 17, 2014, 09:17:11 pm »
+2

Really interesting mini-documentary about the nature of internet celebrity.  As usual, the youtube comments are depressing and filled with people missing (and proving) the point.  But the video is worth the watch!

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10721
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: September 17, 2014, 09:30:49 pm »

Really interesting mini-documentary about the nature of internet celebrity.  As usual, the youtube comments are depressing and filled with people missing (and proving) the point.  But the video is worth the watch!

I watched that the other day. Interesting film. I thought of it again when Notch recently sold Mojang (Minecraft) to Microsoft. It seems that part of the reason he did it was because a vocal minority on the internet was mad at him over Minecraft's EULA. I guess I don't know for certain how I would react in a similar situation, but damn that seems like overkill.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: September 17, 2014, 09:33:32 pm »
+1

I watched that the other day. Interesting film. I thought of it again when Notch recently sold Mojang (Minecraft) to Microsoft. It seems that part of the reason he did it was because a vocal minority on the internet was mad at him over Minecraft's EULA. I guess I don't know for certain how I would react in a similar situation, but damn that seems like overkill.

The billions of dollars was probably part of the consideration as well. :P  What was wrong with the EULA?

I've never paid much attention to Minecraft.  Not sure if it's because the game just never appealed to me, or I never gave it a chance out of some hipster desire to not enjoy the latest trend.  I never actually tried it out, beyond watching friends play it.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 09:34:39 pm by eHalcyon »

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: September 17, 2014, 09:52:17 pm »

The billions of dollars was probably part of the consideration as well. :P  What was wrong with the EULA?

I've never paid much attention to Minecraft.  Not sure if it's because the game just never appealed to me, or I never gave it a chance out of some hipster desire to not enjoy the latest trend.  I never actually tried it out, beyond watching friends play it.

Nothing was wrong with the EULA. It didn't change. Some other Mojang employee reminded folks that they weren't allowed to charge real moneys for server perks (like in-game items and abilities). Some parasites people who were making tons of money off these sorts of servers were enraged and spewed hatred at Notch, among others. Apparently this hurt his feelings.

EDIT: Here, you can read his take on it on his website. The post titled "Literally worse than EA" is about the EULA stuff. The post titled "I'm leaving Mojang" is about the sale to Microsoft. I try not to be a hipster, but the guy literally sold out. And he sold out all his employees in the process.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 09:59:56 pm by LastFootnote »

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: September 17, 2014, 10:33:39 pm »

Nothing was wrong with the EULA. It didn't change. Some other Mojang employee reminded folks that they weren't allowed to charge real moneys for server perks (like in-game items and abilities). Some parasites people who were making tons of money off these sorts of servers were enraged and spewed hatred at Notch, among others. Apparently this hurt his feelings.

EDIT: Here, you can read his take on it on his website. The post titled "Literally worse than EA" is about the EULA stuff. The post titled "I'm leaving Mojang" is about the sale to Microsoft. I try not to be a hipster, but the guy literally sold out. And he sold out all his employees in the process.

Hmm, maybe it's because I'm not a Minecraft player, but he seems pretty reasonable when he lays it out.  I don't know what it means for Mojang or Minecraft though.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: September 17, 2014, 10:47:54 pm »

Hmm, maybe it's because I'm not a Minecraft player, but he seems pretty reasonable when he lays it out.  I don't know what it means for Mojang or Minecraft though.

It's perfectly reasonable. I guess I just held him to a higher standard.

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: September 18, 2014, 08:36:11 am »

I don't know much about the guy or his game, but I presume he built it from the ground up? If so, then he watched his quaint little game turn into this creeping kudzu fungus virus plague monster and may have just said, "fuck this shit."

Wild speculation on my part having no idea what is really going on.

I did try Minecraft, but I found it tedious for my tastes. I also tried Terraria, which I understand is a 2D Minecraft. I found that tedious as well. Apparently that type of game holds no interest for me.
A man has no signature

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12846
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #491 on: September 18, 2014, 09:35:48 am »

Someone is playing this kingdom against 5 bots right now: Haggler, Cultist, Count, Border Village, Altar, Steward, Market Square, Upgrade, Torturer, Knights.

Why would anyone do that?
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: September 18, 2014, 09:43:45 am »

I watched a video of a woman wearing a bikini and some animal mask pulling up in a high-end car and getting out. Then a man, also wearing a mask, groped her breasts with a rubber glove attached at the end of a trombone as he played Yankee Doodle. Upon the song's completion, the woman got in the car and drove off.

I would hunt down the video and link it, but I think the description is weird enough.

Not sure if hawt.
A man has no signature

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: September 18, 2014, 09:44:23 am »

I watched a video of a woman wearing a bikini and some animal mask pulling up in a high-end car and getting out. Then a man, also wearing a mask, groped her breasts with a rubber glove attached at the end of a trombone as he played Yankee Doodle. Upon the song's completion, the woman got in the car and drove off.

I would hunt down the video and link it, but I think the description is weird enough.

Not sure if hawt.

I saw a gif of this.

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: September 18, 2014, 12:26:59 pm »

Not sure if hawt.

I saw a gif of this.

I assure you that having sound did not enhance it in any way, so you're good to go.
A man has no signature

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: September 18, 2014, 12:28:33 pm »
+1

Update: I did include a flying fig, as that expression sees some use.

But now, aside from not giving a damn, a rat's ass, or a flying fig, I've run out of idioms along this thought. I'm about to start making things up like not giving a bear on a trike.
A man has no signature

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
  • An enormous walrus the size of Antarctica
  • Respect: +1793
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: September 18, 2014, 01:05:39 pm »
+2

You could always give a shit. Which is fairly vulgar I suppose, so maybe you could give a Shih Tzu or a shiitake?
My Dominion videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WalrusMcFishSr   <---Bet you can't click on that!

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: September 18, 2014, 01:30:35 pm »

You could always give a shit. Which is fairly vulgar I suppose, so maybe you could give a Shih Tzu or a shiitake?

I like it. The group isn't very prudish, so the play on words that sounds like shit would go over well without the awkwardness of drawing something crude. Excellent suggestion.
A man has no signature

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: September 18, 2014, 01:35:49 pm »

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: September 18, 2014, 03:05:28 pm »
+4

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 230  All

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 20 queries.