Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 230  All

Author Topic: Random Stuff Part II  (Read 1223197 times)

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
  • An enormous walrus the size of Antarctica
  • Respect: +1793
    • View Profile
Re: Random Stuff Part II
« Reply #3975 on: May 04, 2015, 07:13:26 pm »
+9

My Dominion videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WalrusMcFishSr   <---Bet you can't click on that!

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3680
    • View Profile
« Reply #3976 on: May 04, 2015, 07:18:35 pm »

Fractals are freaky.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 07:27:06 pm by Seprix »
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3977 on: May 04, 2015, 07:26:57 pm »

I can just hear the mouses of people editing images in the background.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

liopoil

• Margrave
  • Respect: +2479
    • View Profile
« Reply #3978 on: May 04, 2015, 07:29:21 pm »
+5

Needs more scout.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12868
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #3979 on: May 04, 2015, 07:31:09 pm »
+2

Needs more scout.

I'm not really sure where the best place to put this is (likely nowhere), but I accidentally created an Infinite Scout Vortex and I thought I'd share...

Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #3980 on: May 04, 2015, 07:40:41 pm »
+7

I have a confession to make.  Earlier, when Seprix asked for people to photoshop his dog, I posted several photoshopped images in reply.  But the truth is that I didn't actually make those images by photoshopping Seprix's photo.  They were actually just random images pulled from Google.  Shocking, I know!

But hey, have this:

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #3981 on: May 04, 2015, 07:43:11 pm »
+1

Needs more scout.

I'm not really sure where the best place to put this is (likely nowhere), but I accidentally created an Infinite Scout Vortex and I thought I'd share...

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12868
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #3982 on: May 04, 2015, 07:44:32 pm »
+5

Needs more scout.

And that's the explanation.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +2221
    • View Profile
« Reply #3983 on: May 04, 2015, 07:56:54 pm »

Man, the internet sure can disappoint. This is nothing new, but it's still annoying to be reminded of that.

I put up a poll on a Facebook group based on a game I play on there. I'll turn it into a Dominion analogy to make it not utterly boring for you guys.

So imagine I wanted some opinions on the best base set cards to buy in a 4/3 split. There are plenty of options, including some I didn't think of (not true in this analogy, but work with me here), so I made it an open poll where people could add their own suggestions. While there were some legitimate entries added, someone goes through adds Witch, Adventurer, Province, and other cards that are not legal. Then of course, some of those suggestions get voted on by others.

Even though I specifically listed the criteria that this was a 4/3 split, some people can't read directions. And I don't even think they're trolling. If they were trolling, then one of the poll options would be "Eat a dick." They just didn't bother to read my question and threw out the coolest card they could think of.

So, up yours, internet.

What game was it?

It was for Marvel Avengers Alliance. It's my guilty pleasure on Facebook. But hey, it's been going strong for 3 years, which is pretty good for a FB game.
A man has no signature

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3984 on: May 04, 2015, 08:00:36 pm »
+14

Photoshop challenge! See what you all can do with my dog. :)

A man has no signature

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #3985 on: May 04, 2015, 08:09:12 pm »
+1

And that's the explanation.
Oh, I get it now, thanks, much more funny.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3986 on: May 04, 2015, 11:01:20 pm »

Is my dog squinting really going to be a thing now? Like, I was just editing the card avatar, and the squinting dog thing is still going strong.

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3987 on: May 05, 2015, 08:04:53 am »
+1

Is my dog squinting really going to be a thing now? Like, I was just editing the card avatar, and the squinting dog thing is still going strong.

I was just hopping on the bandwagon. Someone else suggested the Inception meme, so I thought I'd take it one farther.

If I was better with shadows, I would have shaded his face like in the original. As a result, it looks a little off. I did try to match the lighting, though. The original really stood out.

But really, my greatest joy was decapitating Leonardo.
A man has no signature

Polk5440

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1788
    • View Profile
« Reply #3988 on: May 05, 2015, 10:20:21 am »
+1

Sweet. Those hints helped a lot.

So. Just using your hints. I worked out the first two problems. I feel fairly certain I got them right.
1)a) x= 2/9 , x= -2/9 , x=0
1)b) x=(1/4) (-1±i√31)

Check your 1a. 4x^3-9x=x(4x^2-9)=x(2x-3)(2x+3) You can (should) check your answers by plugging your answers into the original equation. 1b is correct.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3989 on: May 05, 2015, 10:20:42 am »

I was just hopping on the bandwagon. Someone else suggested the Inception meme, so I thought I'd take it one farther.

If I was better with shadows, I would have shaded his face like in the original. As a result, it looks a little off. I did try to match the lighting, though. The original really stood out.

But really, my greatest joy was decapitating Leonardo.

I think that was me actually. :) I saw that squint and I compared it to Blondie and DeCaprio.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
  • Respect: +289
    • View Profile
« Reply #3990 on: May 05, 2015, 01:02:13 pm »

Sweet. Those hints helped a lot.

So. Just using your hints. I worked out the first two problems. I feel fairly certain I got them right.
1)a) x= 2/9 , x= -2/9 , x=0
1)b) x=(1/4) (-1±i√31)

Check your 1a. 4x^3-9x=x(4x^2-9)=x(2x-3)(2x+3) You can (should) check your answers by plugging your answers into the original equation. 1b is correct.
Yeah. I messed up the factorization on it somehow. Thanks. Got to work to get myself back into the old mindset. Oftentimes, homework was never graded in my math classes, but the repetition of doing the same steps over and over (checking your work, etc) and working different types of problems  was essential to doing well on the test. If you didn't do the homework, it usually showed in the exam grades.

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
  • Respect: +3349
    • View Profile
« Reply #3991 on: May 05, 2015, 05:50:41 pm »

I think we briefly talked about Phoenix Wright here before, yes? I'm currently on what (I think) is the final case of Phoenix Wright: Trilogy, (major series spoilers from here on I suppose, especially for Trials & Tribulations)Bridge to the Turnabout. And let me just say... damn, this case is good. I've been pretty much playing non-stop tonight for the best part of 2 hours because I want to know what the heck is going on. Thanks to the outside perspective on the game I think I have a better grasp of a few things than the characters - Godot is almost certainly Diego Armado, the attorney in the 4th case who was poisoned, judging from what's been said. But I have no idea why he's after Wright at the moment, unless it's some kind of revenge for Mia. Although considering his first and only encounter with Mia was helping on a single case before he got 'killed' that afternoon, I dunno if that makes sense. And Iris is either Dahlia Hawthorne or related to her in some way, but I know there's supposed to be some kind of double involved. I'm up to part 3-2, so many psycholocks I can't break at the moment, and now I need to go to bed, argh.

Anyway, I'll probably end up finishing it off tomorrow or Thursday. Trials and Tribulations has felt like a really good game, even by Phoenix Wright standards. I've seen people saying it's the best in the series, I think I can understand why.

No spoilers for the rest of the case though, please. That would be bad.
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9413
    • View Profile
« Reply #3992 on: May 05, 2015, 05:56:44 pm »
+3

I think we briefly talked about Phoenix Wright here before, yes? I'm currently on what (I think) is the final case of Phoenix Wright: Trilogy, (major series spoilers from here on I suppose, especially for Trials & Tribulations)Bridge to the Turnabout. And let me just say... damn, this case is good. I've been pretty much playing non-stop tonight for the best part of 2 hours because I want to know what the heck is going on. Thanks to the outside perspective on the game I think I have a better grasp of a few things than the characters - Godot is almost certainly Diego Armado, the attorney in the 4th case who was poisoned, judging from what's been said. But I have no idea why he's after Wright at the moment, unless it's some kind of revenge for Mia. Although considering his first and only encounter with Mia was helping on a single case before he got 'killed' that afternoon, I dunno if that makes sense. And Iris is either Dahlia Hawthorne or related to her in some way, but I know there's supposed to be some kind of double involved. I'm up to part 3-2, so many psycholocks I can't break at the moment, and now I need to go to bed, argh.

Anyway, I'll probably end up finishing it off tomorrow or Thursday. Trials and Tribulations has felt like a really good game, even by Phoenix Wright standards. I've seen people saying it's the best in the series, I think I can understand why.

It was                               Moat.                   
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +856
    • View Profile
« Reply #3993 on: May 05, 2015, 10:56:21 pm »
+1

I have a confession to make.  Earlier, when Seprix asked for people to photoshop his dog, I posted several photoshopped images in reply.  But the truth is that I didn't actually make those images by photoshopping Seprix's photo.  They were actually just random images pulled from Google.  Shocking, I know!

But hey, have this:

At first (quick) glance I thought this was a duck decoy with a dog's head added.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 08:10:50 am by SwitchedFromStarcraft »
Quote from: Donald X.
Posting begets posting.

Quote from: Asper
Donald X made me a design snob.

There is a sucker born every minute.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3994 on: May 06, 2015, 12:00:07 am »

That case was lame. It was good, but it quickly got bad as it went on. It got gimmicky. The ending was sad though.

I can talk about any game or case you want. I've played all 3.

I'm playing the 5th game, which is Dual Destinies. Man, it freaking SUCKS so far. So much handholding.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #3995 on: May 06, 2015, 12:55:45 am »
+1

So I live in Alberta and today was election day for the province.  The Progressive-Conservative Party (Centre-Right) has held power for 44 years, which is the longest run for any party in Canadian history.  They recently decided to call the next election a year earlier than required by law.  The stated reason was to confirm that he had support from the people for a tough proposed budget.  Though it's worth noting that two of the other Albertan parties were in the midst of leadership changes and thus not quite as stable.

Today, that dynasty is over.  We've elected the NDP with a resounding majority, a social-democratic party.  They've gone from 4 seats in government to over 50 (out of 87), whereas the PCs didn't even win enough seats to become the official opposition (where they had 70 seats before the election was called).  Without exaggeration, it is a cataclysmic shift.

It also makes the upcoming federal election (in October) a little more interesting.

As an aside, I'm watching the Premier-Elect Rachel Notley speak right now and she also noted that it looks like this will also be the most women elected to Alberta government in history.  So that's cool.

Edit: added more details.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 01:05:31 am by eHalcyon »

ashersky

• Mountebank
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1520
    • View Profile
« Reply #3996 on: May 06, 2015, 07:50:04 am »
+1

Has anyone played Lifeline?  This is the type of game I'll pay for just to encourage more people to make stuff like this.

I wish I had an Apple Watch just for the experience of playing this truly on the go.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #3997 on: May 06, 2015, 08:05:05 am »

So I live in Alberta and today was election day for the province.  The Progressive-Conservative Party (Centre-Right) has held power for 44 years, which is the longest run for any party in Canadian history.  They recently decided to call the next election a year earlier than required by law.  The stated reason was to confirm that he had support from the people for a tough proposed budget.  Though it's worth noting that two of the other Albertan parties were in the midst of leadership changes and thus not quite as stable.

Today, that dynasty is over.  We've elected the NDP with a resounding majority, a social-democratic party.  They've gone from 4 seats in government to over 50 (out of 87), whereas the PCs didn't even win enough seats to become the official opposition (where they had 70 seats before the election was called).  Without exaggeration, it is a cataclysmic shift.

It also makes the upcoming federal election (in October) a little more interesting.

As an aside, I'm watching the Premier-Elect Rachel Notley speak right now and she also noted that it looks like this will also be the most women elected to Alberta government in history.  So that's cool.

Edit: added more details.

I think this switch to the NDP is what happened here in Quebec during the last federal election. It was pretty crazy to see the entire Province go orange instead of voting PQ.

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +856
    • View Profile
« Reply #3998 on: May 06, 2015, 08:13:28 am »
+2

We closed the Random Stuff Part I thread at 4000 posts.  Here we are again. Time for RS III?
Quote from: Donald X.
Posting begets posting.

Quote from: Asper
Donald X made me a design snob.

There is a sucker born every minute.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #3999 on: May 06, 2015, 08:34:06 am »

We closed the Random Stuff Part I thread at 4000 posts.  Here we are again. Time for RS III?

It was actually closed at 5000.  And Theory just split it off.   So that is his call.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 230  All

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 20 queries.