Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 230  All

Author Topic: Random Stuff Part II  (Read 1218020 times)

jonts26

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jonts
  • Respect: +3668
    • View Profile
Re: Random Stuff Part II
« Reply #225 on: August 29, 2014, 04:07:58 pm »
+1

I haven't slept in 36 hours. And only slept 3 of the last 54 hours.

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
  • Respect: +674
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 29, 2014, 04:30:12 pm »

I hope it have been worth it, and was at least partially of your own will.

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +2219
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 30, 2014, 01:12:13 pm »

Drummer cat.

Cleverly filmed, but that cat sure didn't look happy about it. Toward the end, I think he was slowly writhing himself away from it, but he was just too tired to try.
A man has no signature

enfynet

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1162
    • View Profile
    • JD's Custom Clubs
« Reply #228 on: August 31, 2014, 11:29:11 am »

I remember when I was younger I got out of bed at noon on a Thursday and didn't go to sleep again until 4am Sunday morning. It wasn't even intentional.
"I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious."

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 01, 2014, 03:46:19 pm »
+1

Not really sure what can be said about this one.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1471737999740818
A man has no signature

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 01, 2014, 05:01:02 pm »

I've just applied for a job for which I have great qualifications, but for various reasons won't likely be able to take the job even if offered; I just wanted a chance to polish my resume and interview skills.  Is this unethical?
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
  • Respect: +3838
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 01, 2014, 05:11:45 pm »

Not really sure what can be said about this one.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1471737999740818

Congratulations, you truly understand the spirit of the Random Stuff thread. You have achieved a higher level of enlightenment, there is nothing more we can teach you here. Go forth and spread the Wisdom.

I've just applied for a job for which I have great qualifications, but for various reasons won't likely be able to take the job even if offered; I just wanted a chance to polish my resume and interview skills.  Is this unethical?

IMHO, it depends on how likely you are to get a job elsewhere without this practice. If it's your first or second job (which I think it isn't?) or if you've been out of the job market for a while and need to brush up, I would say it isn't. However, if the interview process has multiple stages and (say) they are going to fly you across the country/continent for it, then yes, it is.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 05:12:50 pm by pacovf »
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
  • Respect: +177
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 01, 2014, 05:12:35 pm »

I don't think so at all. Who knows, you might get blown away and end up taking an offer you could get.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10721
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: September 01, 2014, 05:16:29 pm »
+2

I'd say it's very mildly immoral. You're wasting somebody else's time for your own gratification. It's not so immoral that I'd judge you badly for it, though. It's something I wouldn't feel too bad about doing myself, although I have trouble imagining myself doing job interviews for funsies.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
  • Respect: +356
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 01, 2014, 05:33:18 pm »

No.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 01, 2014, 06:50:12 pm »

I’d say it’s a little unethical in that you wasted this interviewer’s time with no intent of following through with it. But I don’t think it’s a big deal. In business, people climb over each other all the time for their own benefits. You got a benefit out of interviewing, and you used a company to achieve it. How else are you going to get that practice? You could try a mock interview, but that wouldn’t have the same benefit.

The reason I think it’s so minor is that interviewers plan for people declining the job offers. They know that applicants are interviewing at multiple jobs at once, and the company may not even be their first choice. Or maybe it was, but they took too long to send an acceptance letter so that the applicant took a different offer.

I’d say yours is a trivial breach of etiquette, and it’s in an environment where it’s actually expected. So I wouldn’t feel guilty about it if I were you. It might be a bigger inconvenience for a small company where the owner/boss/janitor took time out to interview you, but honestly what else was that guy in HR going to do if he wasn’t interviewing you?
A man has no signature

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3189
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: September 01, 2014, 07:23:41 pm »

I would say yes, though there are far more important things

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1084
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: September 02, 2014, 01:11:23 am »
+3

Truth.

Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12847
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #238 on: September 02, 2014, 01:39:44 am »
+2

So a microphone equals 4 women? Damn, I have way more people in this room right now than I thought. EDIT: 20 actually, including me. And three cats.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 01:40:54 am by Awaclus »
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: September 02, 2014, 09:18:27 am »
+2

Cue awful joke from Awaclus... oh wait.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12847
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #240 on: September 02, 2014, 02:33:54 pm »

Cue awful joke from Awaclus... oh wait.
The jokes aren't meant to be funny, the fact that someone even bothers to make them is.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 02, 2014, 05:13:45 pm »
+7

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
  • Respect: +3838
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 02, 2014, 05:25:14 pm »

This guy wins everything. Even the Game.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
  • Respect: +1364
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 02, 2014, 06:57:15 pm »
+1

This guy wins everything. Even the Game.
You suck. I lost the game.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
  • An enormous walrus the size of Antarctica
  • Respect: +1793
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 02, 2014, 07:02:59 pm »
+4

A goedendag (also rendered godendac, godendard, godendart, and sometimes conflated with the related plançon) was a weapon originally used by the militias of Medieval Flanders in the 14th century, notably during the Franco-Flemish War.

The name "goedendag" derives from Dutch, usually taken in English sources to have meant "good day", with reference to the revolt of Bruges in 1302, at which the guildsmen of Bruges purportedly took over the city by greeting people in the streets, and murdering anyone who answered with a French accent. This derivation of the name may however be spurious.
My Dominion videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WalrusMcFishSr   <---Bet you can't click on that!

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 02, 2014, 11:46:30 pm »
+6

I saw this ad for a black metal CD tower and thought it was going to have pentagrams and satanic passages on it. Alas, it's just a black metal CD tower.

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/fuo/4649044804.html

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3189
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 03, 2014, 09:13:36 am »

yea because black metal is all about pentagrams and satanic passages

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
  • Respect: +777
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 03, 2014, 09:38:30 am »
+5

yea because black metal is all about pentagrams and satanic passages

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_metal

Initially a synonym for "Satanic metal"...Many artists express extreme anti-Christian and misanthropic views, and several of the genre's "second wave" pioneers have been convicted for church burnings and murder.
Black metal was originally used as a term for extreme metal bands with Satanic and anti-Christian lyrics; today, the most common lyrical theme is opposition to Christianity and other organized religions. As part of this, many artists write lyrics that could be seen to promote atheism, antitheism, paganism or Satanism
Some bands consider their concerts to be rituals...are noted for their controversial shows, which have featured impaled animal heads, mock crucifixions, medieval weaponry and band members doused in animal blood.
The term "black metal" was coined by the English band Venom with their second album Black Metal (1982). Although deemed thrash metal rather than black metal by today's standards, the album's lyrics and imagery focused more on anti-Christian and Satanic themes than any before it.
In 1987, in the fifth issue of his Slayer fanzine, Metalion wrote that "the latest fad of Black/Satanic bands seems to be over",
The scene was bitterly opposed to Christianity and organized religion as a whole. In interviews during the early 1990s, members of the scene presented themselves as misanthropic Devil worshippers who wanted to spread hatred, sorrow and evil.
The current Swedish black metal scene has a particularly ambitious and articulate understanding of mysticism and its validity to black metal. Many Swedish black metal bands, most notably Watain and Dissection, are [or were] affiliated with the Temple of the Black Light, or Misanthropic Luciferian Order
Bands that were part of the 'first wave' had 'Satanic' imagery and lyrics, although most of them were not Satanists.[157] However, for the early 'second wave' bands in Norway, Satanism as an ideology defined black metal.
As part of this, some black metal artists have written about or focused on the ancient pre-Christian cultures of their homelands. Sam Dunn noted of the Norwegian scene that "unlike any other heavy metal scene, the culture and the place is incorporated into the music and imagery".
The pentagram is commonly used by bands in the genre
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

theory

• Administrator
  • Respect: +6121
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #248 on: September 03, 2014, 10:27:20 am »
+5

Today I learned that the Stanford Prison Experiment is actually kinda BS.  The scientist in charge of it was the prison superintendent: he expected and encouraged guards to be sadistic, imposed arbitrary non-prison-like conditions (like not allowing prisoners to use their names), and overemphasized the guards that acted sadistically even though most of the guards were normal.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7861
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: September 03, 2014, 10:42:56 am »

Today I learned that the Stanford Prison Experiment is actually kinda BS.  The scientist in charge of it was the prison superintendent: he expected and encouraged guards to be sadistic, imposed arbitrary non-prison-like conditions (like not allowing prisoners to use their names), and overemphasized the guards that acted sadistically even though most of the guards were normal.

That kind of truth doesn't make for good documentaries.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 230  All

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 20 queries.