Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 230  All

Author Topic: Random Stuff Part II  (Read 1217620 times)

heron

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: heron
  • Respect: +1183
    • View Profile
Re: Random Stuff Part II
« Reply #1025 on: October 08, 2014, 07:34:39 pm »
+10

I just look at the sky somewhere that the moon isn't, and pretend I am seeing an eclipse.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7861
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: October 08, 2014, 07:48:02 pm »
+3

I knew about the lunar eclipse last night, but I didn't realize it'd still be happening at 6:45 this morning. So that was cool.

I had only seen a lunar eclipse once, and I stayed up late for it (confession: It was in college so I was awake that late anyway). I didn't bother with all the other lunar eclipses since then.

Aw, why didn't someone mention this in advance? I did not know but would have gotten up early.

...Sorry?

I guess I just assume that anyone who engages with the internete extent that people on a large forum do, and who is interested in science, keeps track of at least one, but likely more, places that would mention it.  Reminders started showing up in my Facebook feed over a week ago.

I mean this was kind of preordained... written in the stars, so to speak.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
  • Respect: +3838
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: October 08, 2014, 08:05:10 pm »
+2

I've heard Soulnet likes videogames, so let's go back to that.

Who is excited about Civ: Beyond Earth? Who intends to buy it at release?

I for one can answer that I do to the first question, but not so much to the second. I got pretty burnt out after buying Civ 5 at full price at release date.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
  • Respect: +356
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: October 08, 2014, 08:19:56 pm »
+1

I've heard Soulnet likes videogames, so let's go back to that.

Who is excited about Civ: Beyond Earth? Who intends to buy it at release?

I for one can answer that I do to the first question, but not so much to the second. I got pretty burnt out after buying Civ 5 at full price at release date.

I've preordered it. I've been playing Civ forever (since I was like 5 years old and my older siblings and father introduced me to Civ I) but I've never been as enamored and involved with the game as with Civ V. I was probably still in my WoW phase when it came out, I have the GotY edition so I never had that bad experience that a lot of people seem to have had with the Civ V release, but I doubt Civ BE will have those problems, as it is basically a Civ V spinoff, based on the Civ V engine.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: October 08, 2014, 08:28:22 pm »

I knew about the lunar eclipse last night, but I didn't realize it'd still be happening at 6:45 this morning. So that was cool.

I had only seen a lunar eclipse once, and I stayed up late for it (confession: It was in college so I was awake that late anyway). I didn't bother with all the other lunar eclipses since then.

Aw, why didn't someone mention this in advance? I did not know but would have gotten up early.

...Sorry?

I guess I just assume that anyone who engages with the internete extent that people on a large forum do, and who is interested in science, keeps track of at least one, but likely more, places that would mention it.  Reminders started showing up in my Facebook feed over a week ago.

It just slipped my radar somehow.  I don't know.   :-[

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
  • Respect: +1965
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: October 08, 2014, 09:15:47 pm »

...Sorry?

There's a good one every year or something like that, you shouldn't have to wait too much longer to see it. There's probably a list on Wikipedia of the next events or something
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: October 08, 2014, 09:23:52 pm »

...Sorry?

There's a good one every year or something like that, you shouldn't have to wait too much longer to see it. There's probably a list on Wikipedia of the next events or something

Yeah, I know.  I tend to miss them all though. :P

heron

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: heron
  • Respect: +1183
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: October 08, 2014, 09:38:16 pm »
+1

Well there will be a partial solar eclipse on the 23rd in North America and the Pacific just so you guys know.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: October 08, 2014, 10:07:02 pm »
+1

http://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/eclipse.html  <-- more information than you could possibly need about eclipses, up to the end of the millennium

http://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/SEdecade/SEdecade2011.html <-- more detailed info for the rest of the decade, solar.
http://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/LEdecade/LEdecade2011.html <-- and lunar
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: October 08, 2014, 10:23:25 pm »
+2

Related but separate thought:  In 36 years I still have yet to see a total solar eclipse--the closest I've been was to be the southwest during the 1991 Mexico eclipse.  The 2017 one is the first one I'll actually have a chance to see.  These things are truly rare; the last total solar eclipse to be visible from CONUS was in 1979.

However, I live very close to the point of greatest eclipse for the 1994 annular eclipse.  Thankfully we had entirely reasonable teachers who let us go out to watch.  Sadly, only about a fourth of the students cared. :(
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

enfynet

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1162
    • View Profile
    • JD's Custom Clubs
« Reply #1035 on: October 08, 2014, 11:15:11 pm »
+1

Related but separate thought:  In 36 years I still have yet to see a total solar eclipse--the closest I've been was to be the southwest during the 1991 Mexico eclipse.  The 2017 one is the first one I'll actually have a chance to see.  These things are truly rare; the last total solar eclipse to be visible from CONUS was in 1979.

However, I live very close to the point of greatest eclipse for the 1994 annular eclipse.  Thankfully we had entirely reasonable teachers who let us go out to watch.  Sadly, only about a fourth of the students cared. :(
I remember the 1994 eclipse. After that I started using a sheet of white paper with my telescope to look at the sun.
"I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious."

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3188
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: October 09, 2014, 03:13:25 am »

oookay screw this. I'll make a list here:

Prince, Scout

whoever reads this can add as many cards to that as he wants (as long as they're not this list), and I'll put those in the poll. that's basically the exact thing that I wanted to do all along, except this way it's much more casual.
Island.

or Lookout.

But silverspawn doesn't want to share what he knows about Lookout with the community.  :P

nah, i can do lookout. I think that would be much easier than island or prince, it's a pretty straight forward card.

qmech

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: qmech
  • What year is it?
  • Respect: +2320
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: October 09, 2014, 03:20:24 am »
+2

I was pleased to have caught the lunar eclipse being advertised by the BBC.  They even had a helpful chart.

Thanks for the warning BBC.

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
  • Respect: +674
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: October 09, 2014, 03:31:40 am »

Well, look at that. Sweden. Right in the middle of the dark area.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
  • Respect: +356
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: October 09, 2014, 04:49:31 am »
+1

Well, look at that. Sweden. Right in the middle of the dark area.

I was wondering why I hadn't heard about that eclipse at all, now I know !
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: October 09, 2014, 09:53:43 am »

So, anyone else have an issue that Google chooses the hardest to read fonts for all their sites?  E.g.,

https://developers.google.com/edu/

This is also used for maps, Google+, etc.  I tried playing around with the browser fonts, but it doesn't seem to do anything.  This site is perfectly readable.  In that developer site, random letters are bolded, it's very blurry, and it's all-around hard to read. 

theory

• Administrator
  • Respect: +6121
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #1041 on: October 09, 2014, 10:01:24 am »

It looks fine to me.  Did you recently upgrade your browser or OS?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: October 09, 2014, 10:02:04 am »

I'm using Chrome.  Though it looks the same in Firefox.  And this is Windows 7 I think.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: October 09, 2014, 10:04:23 am »

So, anyone else have an issue that Google chooses the hardest to read fonts for all their sites?  E.g.,

https://developers.google.com/edu/

This is also used for maps, Google+, etc.  I tried playing around with the browser fonts, but it doesn't seem to do anything.  This site is perfectly readable.  In that developer site, random letters are bolded, it's very blurry, and it's all-around hard to read.

I should say, by "this site" I mean f.ds.  The fonts look perfectly fine here.  The fonts on any Google page (well, not the search engine, but Google Maps, Google+, etc.) are horribly hard to read.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: October 09, 2014, 10:05:38 am »

Oh weird, it's legible in Internet Explorer.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: October 09, 2014, 10:07:52 am »

Dammit. I avoided cookie clicker. Then I found this sonuvabitch:
http://www.clickerheroes.com/

*glare*

Why did I click on this?  Why?  I am at level 75 now, after having it up and running in the background (mostly) after you posted this
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
  • Respect: +3838
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: October 09, 2014, 10:09:25 am »
+1

Oh weird, it's legible in Internet Explorer.

Repent of your sins. The End is nigh.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12846
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1047 on: October 09, 2014, 10:12:50 am »

I'm using Windows 7, I had both Opera and Chrome open at the moment so I tried that site on both browsers and everything was fine.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: October 09, 2014, 10:37:04 am »

So I attached screen captures of https://developers.google.com/edu/python/regular-expressions on both ie and Chrome.  Firefox looks basically like Chrome does.

(No quality was lost in the screen capturing.. or at least not enough to make a difference.  That's exactly what it looks like in my browser.)

theory

• Administrator
  • Respect: +6121
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #1049 on: October 09, 2014, 10:46:00 am »
+1

Check to see if Chrome is fully updated.  Also try this: http://www.reddit.com/r/chrome/comments/2en8j0/just_got_chrome_37_its_resolution_is_really_low/

I had similar issues when I upgraded to Win8 but it's fixed now.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 230  All

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 20 queries.