Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Explorer, Beggar, Mine, IGG, etc. +Possession  (Read 2533 times)

Flip5ide

• Apprentice
  • Highest Rank/Rating: 58/5600
  • Respect: +136
    • View Profile
Explorer, Beggar, Mine, IGG, etc. +Possession
« on: August 09, 2014, 01:03:21 pm »

So this is just a quick question. Do you pull out the cards that were gained into hand whether they end up set aside/trashed, in the discard, or even *Gasp* back in their deck?? That seems weird but the wording of Possession would lead me to believe so.

"Any cards he would gain on that turn, you gain instead; any cards of his that are trashed are set aside and returned to his discard pile at end of turn."

But at the same time its returned to their discard pile if trashed. What about cards that are gained AND trashed on a possession turn?
"If at first you don't succeed, find out if the loser gets anything." - William Lyon Phelps

luser

• Tactician
  • Respect: +353
    • View Profile
Re: Explorer, Beggar, Mine, IGG, etc. +Possession
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2014, 01:09:23 pm »

They go directly to possessor discard, so beggar is good counter to possession

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12868
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2014, 01:10:02 pm »

If I possess you and make you play a Beggar, I gain three Coppers into my discard pile.

EDIT: Damn, I got Sarnath'd.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

GeoLib

• Jester
  • Respect: +1265
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2014, 02:22:47 pm »

So this is just a quick question. Do you pull out the cards that were gained into hand whether they end up set aside/trashed, in the discard, or even *Gasp* back in their deck?? That seems weird but the wording of Possession would lead me to believe so.

"Any cards he would gain on that turn, you gain instead; any cards of his that are trashed are set aside and returned to his discard pile at end of turn."

But at the same time its returned to their discard pile if trashed. What about cards that are gained AND trashed on a possession turn?

Based on the way you worded this, I think you might be a little confused on when possession does the gaining. It happens immediately when the possessed player would gain something. You're not "pulling them out" of anywhere; they go straight to the possessor's discard (as luser said).
"All advice is awful"
 —Count Grishnakh

qmech

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: qmech
  • What year is it?
  • Respect: +2320
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2014, 02:27:37 pm »
+2

I didn't appreciate until recently that Possession has a "would gain" like Trader.  So in the same way that you don't gain a Curse then swap it for a Silver by revealing Trader, a player being Possessed never gains any cards.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 20 queries.