Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Build order for Minion engine?  (Read 1006 times)

theblankman

• Witch
  • Respect: +383
    • View Profile
Build order for Minion engine?
« on: August 09, 2014, 02:39:41 am »
+3

Code: [Select]
Candlestick Maker, Advisor, Feodum, Thief, Counterfeit, Graverobber, Haggler, Minion, Stash, Upgrade
http://gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?20140808/log.516d33dbe4b082c74d7b39fa.1407565054335.txt

Andrew and I went for fairly similar Minion engines here, but neither of us was quite sure what order to build and which complementary pieces to take.  We both got Counterfeit as the first $5, Upgrade later, and Graverobber in the late game.  He took a Haggler and more Advisors, while I went for a few more Candlestick Makers.  In chat we weren't really sure which were the better choices, let alone what order to buy them.

Thoughts?
it's a shame that full-random is the de facto standard

JW

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: JW
  • Respect: +1793
    • View Profile
Re: Build order for Minion engine?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 01:42:18 am »

Your Counterfeit-Candlestick Opening looks good as there is a high chance to get to $5 at least once on the second shuffle (I get that it’s the same 81% to hit $5 at least once on turns 3-4 as Silver-Fishing Village, assuming that you save the coin token to assist in hitting $5).

I'm surprised that you take Minion on your second $5, as the first Upgrade seems more important. Your trashing and main draw (Minion) all cost $5, Advisor is weak until you have trashed a lot of cards, and Candlestick Maker, while important for the non-terminal +Buy, isn’t enough coin to reliably hit $5 without Silvers, which don’t combine well with Minion.

Without a quite thin deck I don’t think I’d buy Graverobber over Minion, as happened in the game, due to the lack of extra Actions (you have to stop the Minion chain to play Graverobber).
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 20 queries.