Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: A funny Goons golden deck  (Read 671 times)

amalloy

• Witch
  • Respect: +620
    • View Profile
    • Twitch stream
A funny Goons golden deck
« on: August 04, 2014, 07:06:55 pm »
+3

I was playing a game on my phone, and I fell into a strategy that I wasn't expecting: an 11-card golden deck. Unfortunately I no longer remember the exact kingdom, but the key features were Goons, Tactician, Chapel; and Crossroads as the only village. There's no potential for a giant Goons engine with a max of four terminals per turn, or three if you want to keep your Tactician in play. But you can guarantee a handful of VP tokens per turn by playing double-tac double-goons, with Chapel to trash the junk you buy.

Now, the AI for Androminion is quite poor, so it didn't buy any Goons and I could support an 11-card deck; with a real opponent you have to shave it down to 10 cards: 2xTactician, 2xGoons, Crossroads, Chapel, Estate, and three rotating junk cards. Each turn you have a draw pile with 4 cards, and 2 in the discard from being Gooned: draw 5 of those 6 off your Tactician, and the last with your Crossroads. Play Chapel to trash the three junk cards you bought last turn, then play both Goons, and discard the Estate to your Tactician; buy three cheap cards for 6 VP. And as long as the supply contains Estates, you can buy-and-trash one of those as well, to get 8 VP in an 11-card deck.

Obviously it's not a gigantic strategy, and most boards containing three power cards like Goons/Tactician/Chapel will have something stronger, but here the rest of the board was so weak none of it seemed viable. I thought it was neat to find a golden deck without Bishop, especially one that can survive a discard attack every turn.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 20 queries.