Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Questions on online tools for card designing  (Read 1411 times)

theJester

• Bishop
  • Respect: +88
    • View Profile
Questions on online tools for card designing
« on: July 29, 2014, 09:16:36 am »

I hope this is the right forum to ask these questions. If not, my apologies.

1) I've seen a lot of memes in Homage to the best card thread (http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=1204.0) which are basically Dominion cards with changed picture and/or text. The question is - how do you make these changes? By using Photoshop (which I'm total noob at) or is there any online tool which allows it?

2) Is there any online tool / plugin / website / whatever which allows for designing of custom cards for card games? I'm thinking along the line of http://www.mtgcardmaker.com/ , but hopefully with larger amount of options with regards to card layout - e.g. option to expand card image across the whole card, instead of limiting it to upper part of the card.

Any answers would be greatly appreciated :)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12848
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Re: Questions on online tools for card designing
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 09:31:51 am »
+1

1) If you're just changing the picture, then using an image editor (even Paint should do, though it's not as convenient as others) is probably the easiest way. If you're changing the text, too, it might be easier to use a card creation tool to create the entire card.

2) I don't know of a site like that, but there's Magic Set Editor, which is a program you'll have to download. It comes with layouts for MtG, Yugioh and some other games, and you can create your own layouts if you want to (though it's a slow process) or try to look for more layouts on the Internet (there's one for Dominion, for example). And for Dominion, there's also the Photoshop template on these forums.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Davio

• 2012 Dutch Champion
  • Respect: +3412
    • View Profile

BSG: Cagprezimal Adama
Mage Knight: Arythea

theJester

• Bishop
  • Respect: +88
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2014, 09:45:02 am »

Thanks, Awaclus and Davio :)

Showdown35

• Golem
  • Respect: +111
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2014, 12:03:22 pm »

Dominion card templates: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=9491.0

I appreciate the link to my template, but that is a link to an old version and it's not there anymore. The latest version is in my sig, and it's through dropbox now. The files are just too big to host for free anymore. Make sure you check out the readme file if you need help with using it.
Check out my Dominion Fan Card Template for Photoshop  here
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 21 queries.