Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]  All

Author Topic: War of Omens, flash CCG with deckbuilding elements  (Read 84346 times)

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
Re: War of Omens, flash CCG with deckbuilding elements
« Reply #350 on: December 10, 2017, 11:23:49 pm »
+1

So I played some War of Omens today. It felt a bit nostalgic. The game is actually a real grind if you are looking at constructed play. It feels like the main draw of the game is the draft format, which the daily rewards let you participate in.

Edit: There is something psychologically pleasing about the game's steam integration that makes me more willing to jump back into it. I don't have to remember a separate password to login to the game since it's tied to my steam account.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 11:32:02 pm by markusin »

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: May 22, 2018, 04:45:27 am »
+2

And now it's on android.

Still the best nondominion deckbuilder I've played.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9624
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: July 14, 2018, 11:18:01 am »

I'm really starting to hate that Tournament mode comes down to you either have Seduce, or you lose.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: July 15, 2018, 02:34:28 pm »

I don't find Seduce that offensive.  I think certain strategies would get out of hand without it if we don't add a different hard removal to the game.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
  • Respect: +114
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: September 05, 2018, 01:02:29 pm »

I have been playing for just over a month now and I finally got my best tournament run 7-1!!!

It was with the hero who has all epic coins. I think she is one of the best all rounders as long as you are careful not to kill your bottom bank with a random fireship restock.

The core of the deck was two forgery’s, seduce, tavernwench, and impersonate combined with mercenary and veil warden for blockers. I rounded it out with brigand and the herd of goat restock/activate card as well as liturgy(activate all allies).

The only deck I lost two was a bleed deck with the girl who ignores intercept. I got unlucky in my bank and had very little ways to attack.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: September 05, 2018, 01:06:01 pm »

I'm really starting to hate that Tournament mode comes down to you either have Seduce, or you lose.

It’s quite powerful in certain situations but I would agrue there are a few cards I would put before it in terms of blindly always wanting. Misinformation pretty directly wins out (just misinform their seduce).
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: September 05, 2018, 01:13:29 pm »

I think my favorite part of the game so for is playing tournament and have my “oh this is how you play x” moment. Since I haven’t been playing long I still don’t have many upgraded commons. So I spammed the crap out of vestpitol (who is super op in scirmish) and absolutely hated my attempt at playing both metrics and dramerek. Dramerek felt like I just poked at them until they out engined me and metris felt like you literally do nothing unless you can get a subterfuge informant game going. Endazu I picked up pretty quickly because guilded warriors/flower of algernon/hates rebuke is a super straight forward grow deck.

But as I’ve played more tournament. I’ve had some awesome games where I was forced to use interesting dramerek decks that actually started working and I got the hang out a simple feast/festival sacrifice engine. Metris I still feel like I don’t know how to play at all, I just know I like a lot of their cards when the can accompany my other ones.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: September 22, 2018, 02:59:21 am »

I think Anibaldo is the best draft hero.  Flexibility is powerful.

Whatever you're trying to say about Misinformation, I think you're mistaken.  It is incredibly likely that playing misinformation on an enemy Seduce might sometimes be the best play if misinformation is already in your deck.  It's not true that Seduce is "countered" by the head to head scenario, the player who used Misinformation is down 3 gold.  And it's not true that Misinformation is a stronger draft pack 1 pick 1.  I'd draft Goat Poultice or Stratagem over Seduce pack 1 pick 1, but I wouldn't draft Misinformation over Seduce.  Misinformation is close to blank against Doge Monteferro, and Seduce can both appear in the bank before a powerful card like Veil Warden, Hedge Guardian, or Bishop ruins your day, and show up a little late and still bail you out, while Misinformation has to be there in the first place.  Misinfo is a great card to draft though, especially in Doge and Anibaldo.

That 7-1 anibaldo sounds pretty good.  I'd avoid the second forgery most of the time, it stacks rather questionably and I've had some bad experiences that way.  Gout Poultice is arguably the best draft card so that is a big component of your win, along with Veil Warden which is absurd (and is part of why Seduce is Absurd, it's 50% of the realistic answers to a resolved Veil Warden, the other answer is Mayhem.
Liturgy is definitely the most questionable card you drafted.  Oh, wait, it's not, because you named the cards wrong.  You drafted benediction, not liturgy.  Liturgy is 1 magic for each ally.  I'd still hesitate to draft Benediction but the wombo combo with Tavern wench is kewl.

Tournament is way more fun than constructed, but as far as your constructed comments ago, a lot of this is the weird side effects of the upgrading system.  The game is balanced with fully upgraded cards (there is a test server where people play with fully upgraded cards), and increasing gold costs affects everyone a little differently so it warps what the best deck for each account is.  Vespitole takes some of the least damage because they are in it for a longer game anyway.  Metris is really bad for new players either because the deck is aggressive and increased gold cost makes you one turn too slow in killing, or because the deck is not aggressive and you don't have the epic coins that help you play a long game even though Metris's self-destructing cards are trying to keep you from doing so (mostly fecundity charm, since champion's paiza is unlocked by ranking a draft hero to 28).  Endazu and daramek are kind of in the middle for new deck.

A really really really powerful deck to build towards on a new account, that someone in kongregate chat told me about, is sac-boar-esra, you won't see it much on the server because the newbies don't know about it and the pros play mogesh because he's more fun.  The deck is
Ritual Sacrifice x3
Herd of Boars x 3
Orphan Gang x1
Scrivener x 1
Serpent Altar x1
Flex slot (make sure the flex slot isn't a creature that will keep you from redrawing herd of boars)

It's very powerful for farming the AI and for beating other humans too.  No rares, no cards you receive for leveling up heroes to 28, very low dependency on epic coins.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 03:02:24 am by popsofctown »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]  All

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 21 queries.